Hello Friends,
The pcb are from ...Silverdog... but before release he first wants to know if there are no errors in it !
I mostly make my pcb's myself...part from the hobby... but the Silverdog's pcb are very nice and do not cost much...
For the SW1 button...I think it is for battery check...I have not used it so I am not sure..
Best regards
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
BARACUDA-Legend-1
Collapse
X
-
SW 1
I ask more to write about the button SW 1. How to use it to configure the device? Thanks in advance.
Leave a comment:
-
-
ICL 7660
It can be that there is a problem with the ICL 7660... it can only go to 10.5 volt ?
In the baracuda schematic it is connected to the +batt so it can give problems if there is more than 10.5 volt connected ?
Thanks Leon for warning !
Leave a comment:
-
great performance!
at mine only a 2,2m resistor is missing i should finish it i think.
thx for the video ApBerg
Leave a comment:
-
can anybody say something more about coil? induction, resistance how to make it
best regards
Leave a comment:
-
Baracuda test video on YouTube.... hope it works....
Test object was a medium-size goldring, coil 20 cm. Fet used IRF9640 and used 390R
Pcb board from .........
....
....make a guess
For tune potentiometer 22k can be used .. For the 2N2222 you have to check the E/B/C connections ! I use Metal version instead Plastic one's think the connections are 180 deg. turned.
The text markings on the board ( and sprint layout file ) are good.
Best regards.
ApLast edited by Qiaozhi; 05-30-2011, 08:20 PM. Reason: Changed "lettermarkings" to "text markings" for ApBerg
Leave a comment:
-
Hello Maikl,
First , I believe you and Alex that you can hear different in audio response, there are more people that say they can hear the different in audio response . I made only some air test indoors using some different coils and damping resistors to get the best sensitivity but perhaps not the good combination …( had have mentioned that…)
Now busy with some unwilling logger …. if I have that thing running I will give it a tray to make the coil/resistor combination you told .
But for the results so far I think that the Baracuda is a very nice detector that, when you have learned it by experiments outdoors, will give very good results !
Best regards.
Leave a comment:
-
Hi ApBerg. Have you measured the inductance and resistance of your coils. Alexismex recommended that 450uH inductance and resistance 1R5. Geotech Forums provides other information coil 8" 545uH 1.24ohms http://www.geotech1.com/cgi-bin/page...oils/index.dat You damping resistor is not 330R. On the first PCB is a 402R on the second PCB is a 19R?
Leave a comment:
-
Hello Wiltran,
Yes, I used both, like the Irf fets... I do not hear differents in sound.. can be my age....
..
Leave a comment:
-
BARA
Are you using the mosfet or tip127? which one is better? If you use the tip127 do you get some amount of discrimination?
Leave a comment:
-
Hello Wiltran,Originally posted by Wiltran View PostMuch Thanks Apberg, now I have the correct file. You do a nice job on pcb layouts. By the way, now that you have tried the BARA, do you think it is superior to the Surf PI? if so in what ways, your comments please.
Both are good detectors for beach hunting/ in water hunting, not for hunting very deep objects, they are motion detectors, but easy to use and giving good results with coils from 20- 25 cm. I think the bara is a little more sensitive, this is because the transmit power is somewhat longer on ( I think..) This results in some 3 - 4 cm more in air depth. The Bara is taking more power from the battery's. The Surf ca. 50mA, the Bara around 90 mA, at no sound and the same coils.
If the transmit "on time'' from the surf is extended the sensitivity and the power taken from the battery's is the around the same I think..
As diy project I have a little prefer for the Bara... just a feeling, they are both nice projects to make....
Best regards.
Ap
Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: