Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BARACUDA-Legend-1

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • bernte_one
    replied
    detection range is ok for you coil
    but normally you dont need the fine tuninh delay pot
    use a multiturn pot or multiturn trimmer
    so you can fine adjust easy


    regards bernd

    Leave a comment:


  • Vermeer111
    replied
    exactly this is was iam searching for thank you my detector have the "second delay" i mean the 10 k fine Ponti,i have tested without this my detecting was poor with this (proper setting) my detecting was very good 30 cm 1 euro with 216 mm coil and a small gold ring 27 cm in air is this normal greetings from the harz forrest

    Leave a comment:


  • bernte_one
    replied
    hi vermeer

    try this http://www.spulen.com/shop/index.php...ort=2a&&page=5
    (best prices)
    or this
    http://www.ebay.de/itm/Rest-H05V-K-L...item5891aff5ed

    or a smaller diameter

    liy litz wire type (my fovourite)

    greetings from Berlin

    Leave a comment:


  • Vermeer111
    replied
    I Have build the Barracuda i Have Questions

    First my Barra is running i Have 30 cm on a 1 Euro Coin and my Wifes small Goldring on 27 cm with a 216 mm Coil 0,5mm enameled Copper and 22 Turns, all in Air.I will build more Coils but in Germany you find only 23 Meters of 0,5 Copper can i Build with 0,6 mm? and have anybody a "recipe"for a 270 mm Coil with 0,6mm or 0,5 mm (but better with 0,6 mm) Thank you excuse my english i am German with only school english

    Leave a comment:


  • wesam
    replied
    Hi all
    I wonder if any body could help me to get Baracouda schematic by Eagle pcb
    I would be grateful

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by area5.1 View Post
    Thank U for a quick reply.

    Is that price in american dollars?
    If you pay by PayPal, the conversion is done as part of the transaction.

    Leave a comment:


  • homefire
    replied
    No it's in British Pounds. Contact him and he will give you a price in $!!!!

    Leave a comment:


  • area5.1
    replied
    Thank U for a quick reply.

    Is that price in american dollars?

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by area5.1 View Post
    HELLO from ARIZONA...and MERRY CHRISTMAS

    I,m interested in a kit for the BARACUDA

    How much????

    I dont have the resources to make boards yet
    Find information, resources and relevant links for silverdog.co.uk. This domain may be for sale.

    Leave a comment:


  • area5.1
    replied
    BARACUDA KITS

    HELLO from ARIZONA...and MERRY CHRISTMAS

    I,m interested in a kit for the BARACUDA

    How much????

    I dont have the resources to make boards yet

    Leave a comment:


  • gcause
    replied
    Originally posted by 6666 View Post
    Hi Grant
    great news i have got one of your boards to work
    after fixing the solder blob
    i could not figure out what was dragging down the -5 volt rail
    turned out the 40106 chip was doing some weird things to the
    -5 volt rail , replaced it and it now working
    now i need to make you a new coil
    Excellent, thank you for all your efforts it is greatly appreciated.

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Hi Grant
    great news i have got one of your boards to work
    after fixing the solder blob
    i could not figure out what was dragging down the -5 volt rail
    turned out the 40106 chip was doing some weird things to the
    -5 volt rail , replaced it and it now working
    now i need to make you a new coil

    Leave a comment:


  • plumabob
    replied
    Tried something different. I replaced the NE5534 with a LT1115 that I happened to have around and noticed a nice depth increase, especially on gold objects. Cuda also ran smoother and quietier. Anybody else try this?

    Leave a comment:


  • plumabob
    replied
    Thanks for getting back. I wanted a comparison with my homemade 12 inch mono and I'm right there with yours on the air testing. I will try swapping out the R1 when I get a chance to see if there is any improvement.

    Regards,

    Bob

    Leave a comment:


  • Finderskeepers
    replied
    The detection depths (air test) with an 11 inch commander coil;

    mens gold wedding ring - 30cm
    50 u.s. cents - 20cm
    5 aus. dollar gold coin (1/20 ounce) - 18cm
    1 dollar coin - 27cm
    50 aus. cents - 34cm
    20 aus. cents - 31 cm
    5 aus. cents - 22cm
    1 euro coin - 30cm
    50 euro cents - 26cm

    I have experimented with resisitor R1 and found that a 680 ohm resistor worked quite well.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X