Hi Folks, my bara has developed a power supply problem. with a 10.8v supply the -5 volt regulator 79l05 has around -2.5v on output pin,the positive regulator 78l05 is +5v. If I lower the supply voltage to around 9volt the bara will work but with low sensitivity and the -5 will come up to -3.5v. I tried changing out the 79l05 but no change. I'm thinking maybe the 7660 is defective. any thoughts would be appreciated.
. Spent about 4 Hours on the pcb and then wound up a quick test coil ( 28t 9" form wire size 0.5 ) hooked up a 9v ni-cad battery for testing,adjusted offset,delay and threshold and bingo the Bara was picking up a Canadian $1.00 looney at 23cm
. Can't wait to see what the Bara will do with a fast coil and a good battery pack. Thanks to all on the forum for you input on the Bara, I read all threads several times sure helped in getting good results
Leave a comment: