Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BARACUDA-Legend-1

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Brian Deese
    replied
    Barracuda not working

    finished up my barracuda kit tonight,started out good on a 9v battery I damped the coil with about 750 ohms,it was detecting but only a few inches on pliers.The 9v got too low i guess because the -supply was less than -4v so I hooked it up to a power supply to finish the adjustments.I got a threshold when I turned it on with the new supply,I did not have a threshold with the 9v,it lasted for a little while then it was gone,the 5v supplies were solid now,but the coil was ringing and the mosfet was hot.I soldered back in my damping pot, and it will not damp. 175 ohms will just start to get the right shape. coil is .350mH and 3.5ohms about 11.5" diameter not sheilded yet. 28awg teflon wire.Any ideas,I have everything I need to test it.

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Originally posted by bernte_one View Post
    hello 6666

    can you give some infos how you do the coil for gcause
    i have made some in different designs but not sure if there aren´t some
    improvements i can made
    did you shield the coil ? and which datas: cable, diameter, uH, resistance?

    thanks
    Hi bernte_one
    there was nothing special about the coil, it was just a 450uH coil made from solid copper wire, thin pvc insulation, about 8 inches, about .47mm, unshielded, I only measured the inductance not the resistance, it was made just to get the project going on the bench for Grant.
    6666

    Leave a comment:


  • bernte_one
    replied
    hello 6666

    can you give some infos how you do the coil for gcause
    i have made some in different designs but not sure if there aren´t some
    improvements i can made
    did you shield the coil ? and which datas: cable, diameter, uH, resistance?

    thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • gcause
    replied
    Hi All,

    Got my Barra boards back from 6666 yesterday, he has been trying to work out where I went wrong with them. Tried them out today and they work great with the new coil he made up for me.

    Just wanted to give a big thank you to 6666 for all his assistance with this it is greatly appreciated.

    Cant wait to get out onto the goldfields to try them out. Time for my happy dance

    Regards,

    Grant

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Try here

    Leave a comment:


  • bernte_one
    replied
    Originally posted by volcano View Post
    thank you mr bernte_one

    But i do not know the 24AWG

    please I wont the section with mm2

    hello volcano

    internet is your friend so try to ask internet first

    but you also can ask here

    regards

    Leave a comment:


  • silverdog
    replied
    0.5mm diameter should be ok

    Leave a comment:


  • volcano
    replied
    thank you mr bernte_one

    But i do not know the 24AWG

    please I wont the section with mm2

    Leave a comment:


  • bernte_one
    replied
    detetion of ferrous and nonferrous

    hello

    i observe that the baracuda is more sensitive to nonferrous object
    with optimal delay setting it is a difference for a carpet knife and a screwdriver(ferrous) to copper pcb bord or coins (nonferrous)

    could we improve this ability? or i am not right



    @volcano

    try litz or cable from 24AWG
    20-24 turns
    diameter 25cm
    shielding not necessary
    should work

    regards

    Leave a comment:


  • volcano
    replied
    Please I need help

    Hello all
    Please, I want to give me a sketch shows how to make coil and all the dimensions and measurements and diameter copper.

    Leave a comment:


  • bernte_one
    replied
    thanks for positive comments

    i made the inner assembly of coil, the coil shell istself was ordered from georgi (buy sell thread) coil is 27cm and shielded with mylar or other thin al foil und filed with epoxy and foam

    regards

    Leave a comment:


  • TH Jim
    replied
    NICE !

    Well done Bernd. Did you make the coil too?

    Regards, Jim.

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Nice job Bernd

    Leave a comment:


  • bernte_one
    replied
    hello

    here is the new baracuda
    was made for somebody from malaga
    was ill some weeks and had problems in my garden (broken water pipe)
    but now its finished
    weight within headphone and liion akku pack 1.598g
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DVCI0036-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	349.2 KB
ID:	331583

    regards bernd

    Leave a comment:


  • david135
    replied
    good, this man is that I wanted thim sell a barracuda over 150 euros, and now can not sell, I make my own detectors with many problems but I,, I ask to buy are for friends who are very heavy this thim is very smart, is a Nobel Prize, jjajjaja,
    I leave here a sketch of the LM386 with 72dB gain and you shall have it all but,,,, (if you want my opinion you should put 10 to unite in pyramid at the end for a gain of 700 db).
    I thought I have to do other things, also will put a 20w tda 2005, for which it nesecite.
    I can also upload boosters or source 0 to 50V Feed Through, or 0 to 30V. greetings to all especially to ezquisofrenico ..

    Click image for larger version

Name:	lm386 more.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	16.4 KB
ID:	331289

    Click image for larger version

Name:	tda2005poweramplifierlayout_thumb.png
Views:	1
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	331290

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X