Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BARACUDA-Legend-1

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • kt315
    replied
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • MartyJ1963
    replied
    Hi all,,,,,Thanks to all the replies,,,very much appreciated,,Regards,,,Marty.

    Leave a comment:


  • Andi68
    replied
    I took BF247B

    Leave a comment:


  • kt315
    replied
    i resorted out all mosfets' prices on ebay and discovered that bf256 has smallest price. thats why bf256 was choiced while in the schematic i showed 2n5485.

    Leave a comment:


  • nonkapo
    replied
    I'm using bf256B and Baracuda is performing as it should. Got MPF102 on the Geotech one, but they cost me 4$ each.

    Leave a comment:


  • crni1
    replied
    You can all of them and the BF 244 as well as some other substitutes just watch the layout of the feet.
    The menu works best with BF 244

    Leave a comment:


  • MartyJ1963
    replied
    Hiya all,,,,probably a silly question, but can I use a J113, BF245C OR a 2N3819 as a substitute for a MPF102 in the Barracuda Legend project? I thought I'd have a go at building the first Barracuda because I've run out of projects to keep myself busy,,lol. Thanks in advance for any help,,,Regards,,Marty

    Leave a comment:


  • kt315
    replied
    use SMD parts for the Bara and you'll get SMD board. thats is NOT hard you think about.
    my board is UNIVERSAL to do both types of placements.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • kt315
    replied
    Originally posted by Cladpirate View Post
    in the beginning of this thread it is noted that this detector gains the ability to discriminate when the tip127 is used. if I am understanding correctly I will need to adjust the 1000uf capacitor to suit?
    not. with TIP127 you need slightly to move opamp balance into a side, positive or negative. need experiment here.

    Leave a comment:


  • kt315
    replied
    nice price for Ikelite case https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ikelite-Case-5280-Underwater-Camera-Housing-Unit-w-Camera-and-papers/273654096038?hash=item3fb70e20a6:g:bjoAAOSwNkJaIwk Z:rk:47f:0
    your chance.

    Leave a comment:


  • Cladpirate
    replied
    in the beginning of this thread it is noted that this detector gains the ability to discriminate when the tip127 is used. if I am understanding correctly I will need to adjust the 1000uf capacitor to suit?

    Leave a comment:


  • Andi68
    replied
    A Darlington transistor can also switch high frequencies.
    In the frequency range of a PI that does not matter anyway

    Leave a comment:


  • kt315
    replied
    you do not want to notice a capacitance GATE->SOURCE-DRAIN. you need fast charge and fast discharge this cap. thats a time.
    the time kills your good idea that MOSFET is better than NPN.

    Leave a comment:


  • waltr
    replied
    Originally posted by Cladpirate View Post
    Question, I have bought the silverdog baracuda and am assembling it. May I just use a tip127 I have here in place of the mosfet that came with the kit or does the circuit need to be altered for the tip127 to work properly. Apologies as I am somewhat new to electeonic design and google has provided little information that I am able to understand. My soldering ability is top of the line though. Thank you.
    The TIP127 is a Darlington and is far Slow Speed switching. A PI needs a fast switch with fairly low On resistance.

    You can give the TIP127 a try but do obtain a MOSFET. It does not need to be the exact same one in the Barrcuda schematics but one with simalar specs.

    Leave a comment:


  • kt315
    replied
    bara is simplest learning platform for a beginner to start new way in metal detection. you do not have to think what you can/want use.
    just think about best in your life, not about that.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X