Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BARACUDA-Legend-1

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Cladpirate
    replied
    Question, I have bought the silverdog baracuda and am assembling it. May I just use a tip127 I have here in place of the mosfet that came with the kit or does the circuit need to be altered for the tip127 to work properly. Apologies as I am somewhat new to electeonic design and google has provided little information that I am able to understand. My soldering ability is top of the line though. Thank you.

    Leave a comment:


  • Zoki
    replied
    Originally posted by nonkapo View Post
    The li ion is rated 3.7 when discharged. When they are in charged state they give a bit more than 12 volts, between 4.10 and 4.30 per cell for 12.30 to 12.90. Many forum members use this setup. Someone use even two batteries with the appropriate dc-dc converter. So if you are using lt1150 instead of 7660 it must be all right up to 15 volts as stated in the instructions so 4 cells is too much(16.4 volts in charged state). Minimum must be around 9 volts if not mistaken so 3 cells will do.
    nonkapo thank you for your prompt response.

    kt315 I did it with IRF9640 (12V) and not TIP127 (9V). I think they are Ni-cad of 1.2V, (1.2Vx8=9.6V)

    Leave a comment:


  • kt315
    replied
    Originally posted by Zoki View Post
    Hi everyone, I'd like to put batteries "li-ion". I have more battery than 3.7V. Their collection of more than one piece does not give either 9V or 12V. I'm interested in the range of voltage for Barakuda with IRF9640. Would it be a little if I put 3 batteries of 3.7V (what is the total 11.1V) and it will be a lot if I put 4 batteries of 3.7V (what is the total 14.8V)?
    that was era of ni-cad batteries when Bara was released. 8pcs ni-cad gives you 8x1,3 10.4V. why you need 14.8 if bara is just 10.4?

    Leave a comment:


  • nonkapo
    replied
    The li ion is rated 3.7 when discharged. When they are in charged state they give a bit more than 12 volts, between 4.10 and 4.30 per cell for 12.30 to 12.90. Many forum members use this setup. Someone use even two batteries with the appropriate dc-dc converter. So if you are using lt1150 instead of 7660 it must be all right up to 15 volts as stated in the instructions so 4 cells is too much(16.4 volts in charged state). Minimum must be around 9 volts if not mistaken so 3 cells will do.

    Leave a comment:


  • Zoki
    replied
    Hi everyone, I'd like to put batteries "li-ion". I have more battery than 3.7V. Their collection of more than one piece does not give either 9V or 12V. I'm interested in the range of voltage for Barakuda with IRF9640. Would it be a little if I put 3 batteries of 3.7V (what is the total 11.1V) and it will be a lot if I put 4 batteries of 3.7V (what is the total 14.8V)?

    Leave a comment:


  • kt315
    replied
    Originally posted by nonkapo View Post
    Quick question to everyone who have completed Barracuda KT315 board. Which of the many schematics you are using? Seems to me there are some discrepancies with the element numbers. At the same time are you experiencing slight worming up of the Mosfet? It is not very much(can keep my finger on it).
    Thank you.
    use only ORIGINAL data and original schematic for my board because all reference designators are sure setting of original board.
    all different aliens' boards I do not know and no interest to them, better say do not want to waste time on looking.

    Leave a comment:


  • Cladpirate
    replied
    Nonkapo, from my limited understanding a heated fet would most likely be due to a ill matched coil.
    I too have a question for the forum members here as it pertains to the current silverdog boards. Apart from pouring over the schematics is there a simple way to bring the currwnt board back to the specs of the original schematic? I'm planning to use the Tip in place of the mosfet and I want to have a colored metal distinction. Thank you!

    Leave a comment:


  • nonkapo
    replied
    Quick question to everyone who have completed Barracuda KT315 board. Which of the many schematics you are using? Seems to me there are some discrepancies with the element numbers. At the same time are you experiencing slight worming up of the Mosfet? It is not very much(can keep my finger on it).
    Thank you.

    Leave a comment:


  • kt315
    replied
    sorry Chubaba i must ban you in private area because you constantly overload my Private messages box. you just use my kindness in your private
    hard egoistic aims and do not wish write directly in forum. you do not wish to learn nothing and just claim me to give you schematic for gold.
    my private message box is only for my customers. ONLY. not for sharing of schematics out and not for bare realisation of somebody hard illness EGO.

    Leave a comment:


  • qute1
    replied
    silverdog barra has no 7660 ? perhaps lt1054 might help? its good to 15v?

    Leave a comment:


  • Chiringo
    replied
    Yes only 78l05,in the barracuda 78l05 and 79l05

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by Chiringo View Post
    OK
    Thanks for your reply
    Feed with 12 and 9 volts ..... the same symptom
    Perform a pro surfmater with success that carries the same IC powered with 12 volts without any problem
    I think I'm going to tempt a lot of luck and I'm going to do IGLS ..... despite my little knowledge in electronics
    Can someone recommend a pcb that I know works?

    Thank you
    In the case of the Surf-PI, the 7660 is driven from a 5V regulator.

    Leave a comment:


  • Chiringo
    replied
    OK
    Thanks for your reply
    Feed with 12 and 9 volts ..... the same symptom
    Perform a pro surfmater with success that carries the same IC powered with 12 volts without any problem
    I think I'm going to tempt a lot of luck and I'm going to do IGLS ..... despite my little knowledge in electronics
    Can someone recommend a pcb that I know works?

    Thank you

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by Chiringo View Post
    Hello

    I appreciate your help
    When I saw that there was someone who said that I had done it and it worked ... I was encouraged to do it but I did not have that luck

    Thanks in advance

    [ATTACH]43796[/ATTACH]

    [ATTACH]43797[/ATTACH]
    As explained in the Geotech Baracuda REV-A Build Document, one of the design issues is that the voltage converter IC lets out the magic smoke.
    Also, note that the ICL7660S has a maximum input voltage of 12V.

    Leave a comment:


  • kt315
    replied
    Originally posted by nonkapo View Post
    A quick question about where you have reliable source for 2N5485, MPF102, PN4391,PN4393 or 2SK170? I think these are the last elements i need. Got almost everything from Farnel but they have no stock of the above. Thanks.
    those they make are not fake. we say about fake micros. just micros. ne5534 lf357 AD744 AD845 LT1122 OP42 etc

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X