Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BARACUDA-Legend-1

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • kt315
    replied
    George. open this pic, this is equivalents.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG5517.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	380.9 KB
ID:	338460

    Leave a comment:


  • porkluvr
    replied
    There is a HUGE difference between J113 and 2SJ113. Why don't you search their datasheets and see for yourself?

    Leave a comment:


  • wakko
    replied
    Qiaozhi, I had a look at alltransistors.com and most of the equivalents are hard to get hold of at a reasonable price. Strangely it didn't bring up the 2SJ113 but it seems a close match, maybe I missed something, I'll doublecheck!

    Alexismex, I've looked on ebay and the 2N5485 doesn't actually appear that many times and most of ones that are listed are at a ridiculous price. I'm not paying over £1 each for a FET, especially as I'll probably need a lot in order to match up a good pair. I have found a seller asking $6 for 10 which is a good price so I might go with that although the 2SJ113 at £0.18 might be worth a try to.

    Leave a comment:


  • Alexismex
    replied
    Hello Qiaozhi,
    For me Farnell and so on distributor it is another age and oldtime Always now i buy in EBay , Look for example for the 2N5485 ...you have a lot (hundred if you want..):

    also you can have very old Ci circuit just typing in EBay .....it's fantastiK

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by wakko View Post
    Hi Koala, I was hoping for somewhere a little closer to home as I'm in the UK. Also $0.42 each for the 2N5485 isn't to bad and close to the £0.18 I'd have to pay for the 2SJ113. Strange how Tayda have the 78L05 but not the 79L05.
    The 2N5485 is no longer manufactured ->

    Here are some possible equivalents ->

    Leave a comment:


  • Koala
    replied
    Originally posted by wakko View Post
    ok about you being in the UK. I'm surprised you didn't try CPC, they've dropped the minimum spend per order
    Thanks.

    Just had a looked also free delivery if ordered online. Tried to order from them about two years ago (even then they were part of Farnell). Every thing was good until I got to the checkout and the postage exctra doubled the price hit the delete key and not been back since.

    Much better than it use to be Happy days

    Leave a comment:


  • wakko
    replied
    ok about you being in the UK. I'm surprised you didn't try CPC, they've dropped the minimum spend per order (used to be £30 I think) and they have plenty of stock of the usual passive components but as we've both found out some of the FETs are no longer manufactured hence the reason for me looking for a readily available equivalent to the 2N5485's here in the UK. CPC do stock the 2SJ113 so I might try a few of those, the specs look very similar. The Bara I've built was a kit from Silverdog and works fine but I thought I'd try matching up some FET's as an "upgrade" to it as a matched pair is supposed to give better sensitivity.

    Leave a comment:


  • Koala
    replied
    Originally posted by wakko View Post
    Hi Koala, I was hoping for somewhere a little closer to home as I'm in the UK. Also $0.42 each for the 2N5485 isn't to bad and close to the £0.18 I'd have to pay for the 2SJ113. Strange how Tayda have the 78L05 but not the 79L05.
    I am in the UK also. Tried RS and Farnell. Start to put an order together and then a product discontinued. If you look at the price of the resistors at $.01 each with the minimum order 0f 10 from all 3 suppliers it soon adds up with RS and Farnell prices. ordered all the resistor and capacitors and went to check the basket to find I was still below the minimum order

    It was the only place that I could find that had all the parts that are know to make a good detector.

    Anyway have to see what turns up. The few items I am short can order from ebay with free postage.

    Leave a comment:


  • wakko
    replied
    Hi Koala, I was hoping for somewhere a little closer to home as I'm in the UK. Also $0.42 each for the 2N5485 isn't to bad and close to the £0.18 I'd have to pay for the 2SJ113. Strange how Tayda have the 78L05 but not the 79L05.

    Leave a comment:


  • Koala
    replied
    Originally posted by wakko View Post
    I'm looking at buying a quantity of FET's in order to match them. I found getting hold of 2N5485's is rather tricky so I started looking for a substitute, it seems the 2SJ113 is a good equivalent (£0.18 each) but do others have any suggestions of a cheap readily available FET suitable for the gate switching in the Bara.
    I when with Tayda Electronics 2N5485 $0.42 each They were very cheap on everything else
    all the capacitors in metal film 5%
    all the electrolyte capacitor
    all of the resistors in metal 1% except for two one was the 2.2M ohm can't remember the other but had both in carbon 5%
    ICs except for the power ones but they have L78L05ACZ though the search did not find it
    one of the ICs had to use an equivelent lm358 in place of the lf412
    they also have the tip126 to give the washed out sound

    Some of the parts are for other jobs think they are the two tagged onto the bottom

    ordered nearly enough for two boards and 20 fets total came to $24 including postage

    never used them before can not guarantee I have not mad a mistake but here is my order list.

    33 OHM 1/4W 1% Metal Film Resistor A-2286 10
    100 OHM 1/4W 1% Metal Film Resistor A-2245 10
    150 OHM 1/4W 1% Metal Film Resistor A-2199 10
    330 OHM 1/4W 1% Metal Film Resistor A-2325 10
    1K OHM 1/4W 1% Metal Film Resistor A-2200 10
    6.8K OHM 1/4W 1% Metal Film Resistor A-2328 10
    10K OHM 1/4W 1% Metal Film Resistor A-2203 10
    22K OHM 1/4W 1% Metal Film Resistor A-2284 10
    33K OHM 1/4W 1% Metal Film Resistor A-2290 10
    39K OHM 1/4W 1% Metal Film Resistor A-2313 10
    100K OHM 1/4W 1% Metal Film Resistor A-2248 10
    150K OHM 1/4W 1% Metal Film Resistor A-2210 10
    270K OHM 1/4W 1% Metal Film Resistor A-2179 10
    1M OHM 1/4W 1% Metal Film Resistor A-2277 10
    470nF 0.47uF 100V 5% Mylar Film Capacitors A-4127 10
    4.7nF 0.0047uF 100V 5% Mylar Film Capacitors A-4104 10
    100nF 0.1uF 100V 5% Mylar Film Capacitors A-4110 10
    1nF 0.001uF 100V 5% Mylar Film Capacitors A-4111 2
    6.8nF 0.0068uF 100V 5% Mylar Film Capacitors A-4105 2
    220uF 25V 105C Radial Electrolytic Capacitor 8x11mm A-4503 6
    4700uF 25V 105C Radial Electrolytic Capacitor 16x26mm A-4525 1
    1N4148 Switching Signal Diode A-157 20
    1N4001 Diode 1A 50V A-162 4
    TIP127 Transistor Complementary PNP 100V 5A A-134 2
    PN2222A PN2222 Transistor NPN 40 Volts 600 mA A-109 2
    2N5485 JFET N Channel Transistor A-908 20
    MPSA13 Darlington Transistor NPN A-432 2
    CD40106 CD40106BE 40106 HEX SCHMITT TRIGGER IC A-015 2
    NE5534 IC 5534 Low-Noise Operational Amplifier IC A-250 2
    25K OHM TRIMMER POTENTIOMETER CERMET 25 TURNS 3296W A-595 2
    LED 5mm Blue Water Clear Ultra Bright A-407 3
    10K OHM Linear Taper Potentiometer with Solder Lugs A-1961 2
    LM358N LM358 358 Low Power Dual Op-Amp IC A-045 2
    L78L05ACZ L78L05 78L05 +5 VOLTS 100mA Voltage Regulator IC A-176 2
    2.2M OHM 1/4W 5% Carbon Film Resistor A-2159 10
    27K OHM 1/4W 5% Carbon Film Resistor A-2102 10
    6.35mm 1/4" Mono Metal Plug with Spring A-5029 2
    6.35mm 1/4" Mono Chassis Socket / Jack A-4556 1
    Heatsink TO-220 4 Fins Aluminium A-5093 1
    5mm Bezel LED Holder Plastic A-773 2
    560 OHM 1/4W 1% Metal Film Resistor A-2282 10
    10nF 0.01uF 100V 5% Mylar Film Capacitors A-4106 2

    Leave a comment:


  • wakko
    replied
    I'm looking at buying a quantity of FET's in order to match them. I found getting hold of 2N5485's is rather tricky so I started looking for a substitute, it seems the 2SJ113 is a good equivalent (£0.18 each) but do others have any suggestions of a cheap readily available FET suitable for the gate switching in the Bara.

    Leave a comment:


  • Koala
    replied
    Originally posted by mohandes View Post
    Hi all
    finally i buy bf245c from Chinese people . maybe 3days or 54days latter i have them
    and can i use irf9640 ???
    plumabob used one to good effect int the "baracuda PI Air Test" thread

    Leave a comment:


  • mohandes
    replied
    Hi all
    finally i buy bf245c from Chinese people . maybe 3days or 54days latter i have them
    and can i use irf9640 ???

    Leave a comment:


  • mohandes
    replied
    Originally posted by Toros View Post
    Mohandes,
    So far I've done three detector Barracuda. One with a long board, which I did mod as Wilson showed and two detectors on Ap Berg`s board. I used both - the original scheme of transistors and transistors BF245C. In all cases, the boards work, but the maximum distance at which the detectors see a euro coin is about 28-30 cm. I used braided antenna U = 28 cm, 0.7 lacquered wire
    I'm not convinced that this detector can give better results. It was developed as a beach detector. Objects that can be found on the beach are not so deep.
    What are you looking transistor BC517. It is no longer produced. Look for MPSA 13 or MPSA 14. They are modern production and they doing a very good job.
    many thanks
    man can you put here for me pics of your detector.
    i have bf245b ,and it is should be work well like bf245c but dont .
    best wishes

    Leave a comment:


  • Toros
    replied
    Originally posted by mohandes View Post
    hi to all
    any guru find the best component transistors to use ?(my barracuda dont work well without bf25c and bc517,;low depth)
    regards
    Mohandes,
    So far I've done three detector Barracuda. One with a long board, which I did mod as Wilson showed and two detectors on Ap Berg`s board. I used both - the original scheme of transistors and transistors BF245C. In all cases, the boards work, but the maximum distance at which the detectors see a euro coin is about 28-30 cm. I used braided antenna U = 28 cm, 0.7 lacquered wire
    I'm not convinced that this detector can give better results. It was developed as a beach detector. Objects that can be found on the beach are not so deep.
    What are you looking transistor BC517. It is no longer produced. Look for MPSA 13 or MPSA 14. They are modern production and they doing a very good job.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X