Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BARACUDA-Legend-1

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • satdaveuk
    replied
    Originally posted by maikl View Post
    Hi satdaveuk,what did you put the FET on Barracuda?
    Hi Maik
    I don't know which fet your referring too but all components are the same as the original Barracuda hand drawn circuit and part numbers/description and made PCB from the lay files, apart from the reservoir capacitor which should be 6,200mfd which I replaced with a 4,700mfd, All resistors and capacitors were checked before installing to a tolerence of 1% or less.
    Its quite a education that out of a bag of 50 good quality branded capacitors your lucky to find 6-7 that are within the spec specified.
    Thanks for your feedback
    Regards

    Leave a comment:


  • mohandes
    replied
    HI gurus
    now i finish the new baracuda detector but i use 2n3819 instead of MPF102 and bf256 instead of 2n5485.
    just know that i return 180 deg bf256 and i have to change the pin of 2n3819(look the datasheet please)
    But speaker dont have sound when i return delay and treshold .WHY?
    coil is 460 mkh and 2.1 ohm and the res is 330hm 2watt.i get the voltage of the coil and it is 0.1v ???
    i have 690hz on pin8 40106 and 11.9v on collector 2n2222 and 635hz.
    I check other points (votages)and are ok, why the speaker have not sound????????
    thanks friend
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01734.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	559.0 KB
ID:	337316Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01736.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	544.0 KB
ID:	337318Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01737.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	546.1 KB
ID:	337319Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01740.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	534.8 KB
ID:	337320Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01741.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	599.5 KB
ID:	337321Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01735.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	548.9 KB
ID:	337317

    Click image for larger version

Name:	Copy of DSC01736.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	391.5 KB
ID:	337322


    Edit : 2n3819 is D,G,S but MPF102 is D,S,G.
    bf256 is G,S,D but 2n5485 is D,S,G.
    i wait for your helps.

    cheers

    Leave a comment:


  • doncholito
    replied
    Hello, I ask some question about building my Baracuda. Here in my country i have not find Q3 - 2N5485, can I use MPF102? (q4,5,7 i use MPF102)

    Leave a comment:


  • maikl
    replied
    Hi satdaveuk,
    what did you put the FET on Barracuda?

    Leave a comment:


  • satdaveuk
    replied
    Hi
    The small amount of time I had detecting while away in cornwall was quite impressive although the the 8" coil I intended to do most of the reasearch with had not been packed which peed me off.
    Anyway what I did have with me was my small 1.5" coil which got me some old 3d pieces plus old 1 and half ds plus modern coins mainly around and in rock pools where larger coils would proberly miss.
    Had also put a bundle of cat5e in a bag so wound 4 turnes of that like ive seen done on here together with a adaptor cable tied to fit the waterpipe exstension rod I use on the small coil.
    Tryed it in the caravan and considering I was surounded by metal it worked really well, so down to the beach I went and it was rubbish, unstable no matter what hight the coil was kept at, just couldnt get a even threshold, it was in and out like a childs yo yo.
    Anyway as a quick fix went and bought some kitchen foil to shield it and that didnt make alot of difference so gave up on it.
    All in all it was a bit of a anti climax because although I proved how well the machine can operate with the small coil on wet/dry sand, im far back as china far as the larger coils that I built because dont know when I can get down there again.
    One thing I have proved though yet again, a badly built coil may work wonders in air tests but once its applied to the ground surface where it belongs it can render the detector usless.
    Would be handy to here from those of you who have been out detecting with these machines how you been getting on.
    With the small coil its a beast, and ground conditions have little effect on it, so if all things are right the 8" coil should be the same as all made with the same material, although been a bigger coil is going to see more ground.
    Regards

    Leave a comment:


  • Old cart
    replied
    How did you make those nice labels on the Baracuda?

    Leave a comment:


  • mohandes
    replied
    i forgot ask this :
    are the pots 25k should be adjust?what the value it?

    Leave a comment:


  • mohandes
    replied
    all gurus hi
    tonight i finish my old baracuda detector but sound(speaker is low) and depth is very bad.
    i use bf256 instead of mps102 so i think it is not ok,can i use 2n3819 insteaf of mps102 and 2n5485?any idea?i find too another fet transistor but it is not in my country.

    how can i adjust it when i found best parallel resistor , please tell me?

    Leave a comment:


  • mohandes
    replied
    HI all
    do anyone know different between , MPS102 and BF256?
    tanks

    Leave a comment:


  • liekwang
    replied
    ?Hi all I want to ask anyone who has tried to assemble the baracuda is there a false signal if the coil in ayun_ayun, so I made a pro surf there is always false if the signal coil swinging a stick at

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    On holiday at the moment in cornwall testing out the Barracuda what a result so impressed
    Dave We will be waiting for your words of wisdom.

    Leave a comment:


  • satdaveuk
    replied
    real tests

    Hi
    On holiday at the moment in cornwall testing out the Barracuda what a result so impressed , will tell you all about it when i get back lads

    The 6,800mfd is diffecult to find unless willing to pay good money I managed to get 8,200 with the right phisical size , better to go up than down although my first build is running on 4,700 with marvelous results.
    Mysecond build is on the work bench all resistors and caps installed .
    Talk later
    Regards

    Leave a comment:


  • Toros
    replied
    Originally posted by 6666 View Post
    Try post #616
    Thank you 6666!

    Leave a comment:


  • SVEN1
    replied
    Just rec'd 2 Silverdogs Cuda PCB's. The Parts sheets calls for 6800uf cap and the PCB says 4700uf.
    Since I had some Rubycon 6800uf, used them. Was the reason for the change to the 4700uf because they were easy to find?

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Try post #616

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X