Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BARACUDA-Legend-1

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by sinclairuser View Post
    hi everyone does anyone know where i can get tip127 in the uk?
    Here are a couple of obvious places:
    Farnell ->

    RS Components ->

    Leave a comment:


  • sinclairuser
    replied
    hi everyone does anyone know where i can get tip127 in the uk?
    alexismex said in an earlier post here that the tip127 is what creates the iron tone discrimination so i want to investigate this i wonder if that push button switch (q5 etc) is what activates that feature
    imagine this for a while we build one barracuda with irf 9660 and or q5 parts = no discrimination (9660) this does not happen
    or we build another with tip127 but not q5 parts = no disc(detector locked in all metal mode)
    what i'm getting at is has anyone here tested barracuda with the tip 127 and q5 etc installed? maybe the answer to two questions about barracuda is under our noses and has been all along ie wheres the iron identification? and whats this switch do?
    i'm gonna test this myself anyway and report back because no matter how good our barracudas are while this switch is unknown our barras will never be finished
    how can we truly reengineer the baracuda if we have not totally reverse engineered it to start with?
    dont think i'm trying to talk down whats been done i'm not BIG thanks to all but that switch and q5 bother me! thanks alyx

    Leave a comment:


  • jap
    replied
    Hi volcano

    -And whether this was before? --- To Compare - you must to know the Step.
    -Should be checked every thing and return back step by step and review each step and you'll find the mistake.
    best time
    j.

    Leave a comment:


  • volcano
    replied
    Originally posted by jap View Post
    Hi volcano
    you say I've done as you told me
    The result everything is fine !!!!!!!!
    -----is bf245= Q7?, what the problem still?,is it inverted!!!!!
    best time
    j.
    now the problem is my project does not detect anything

    Leave a comment:


  • jap
    replied
    Hi volcano
    you say I've done as you told me
    The result everything is fine !!!!!!!!
    -----is bf245= Q7?, what the problem still?,is it inverted!!!!!
    best time
    j.

    Leave a comment:


  • Davor
    replied
    with BF245 you need to take care only of the gate, drain and source are the same thing. BF245 is a very specific component that is built completely symmetric, i.e. D and S are the same. It is why BF245 is so very good for this job - it is symmetrical.

    Seek somewhere else. Your problem must be incredibly obvious - to someone else. Give someone your board to proofread it

    Leave a comment:


  • volcano
    replied
    I found the mistake (the BF245 was inverted)
    but the problem still remain (the speaker does not sound)

    thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • volcano
    replied
    Originally posted by jap View Post
    Hi volcano
    This is called fatal mistake - and result in damage to all the tracks,
    First 1- out u1,2,4 ICS from the PCB project -your problem you cant find the - 5v or +5v .
    2- measurement -5V on 79l05, +5v on 78l05, Change any .--------
    -----After this-- You get +5v ,-5V ---------
    3-and then put them{u1,2,4} one after one with the measurement +5v, -5V every time you put one in order to know if one of them is damaged.
    best time
    j.
    thank you jap

    I've done as you told me
    The result everything is fine

    Leave a comment:


  • jap
    replied
    Hi volcano
    This is called fatal mistake - and result in damage to all the tracks,
    First 1- out u1,2,4 ICS from the PCB project -your problem you cant find the - 5v or +5v .
    2- measurement -5V on 79l05, +5v on 78l05, Change any .--------
    -----After this-- You get +5v ,-5V ---------
    3-and then put them{u1,2,4} one after one with the measurement +5v, -5V every time you put one in order to know if one of them is damaged.
    best time
    j.

    Leave a comment:


  • volcano
    replied
    I finished my baracuda project
    But I am very sad because when i run, the speaker is still ringing
    I inform you that firstly I make a mistake ( I changed between the + and the - of 12VDC )
    Now the speaker is always ringing

    and the voltage of cd40106 is (project without coil).

    cd40106 is instaled

    pin 1= 0.63v
    2= -5v
    3= 0.63v
    4= -4.94v
    5= 0.57
    6= -5.04v
    7= -5.04v
    8= -4.71v
    9= -0.39v
    10= -0.39v
    11= -4.16v
    12= -5.04v
    13= 0v
    14= 0v

    uninstalled

    1= 5.08v
    2= 0v
    3= 5.08v
    4= 0v
    5= 5.01v
    6= 0v
    7= -5.04v
    8= 0v
    9= 0v
    10= 0v
    11= 0v
    12= 0v
    13= 0v
    14= 0v


    so please i need help, where is the problem

    thanks a lot

    Leave a comment:


  • Brian Deese
    replied
    Originally posted by adam(Va) View Post
    I admire how refined your Baracuda design is. Beautiful work. I was curious how you wound your coil? Is it a multiconductor cable that you fed into the pipe and soldered in series? Your video shows very impressive depth.
    Yes I agree TH Jim good job!,I believe he said he used magnet wire in his coil.I have alot to learn still. I have no machine with that performance as of yet.But I will.

    Leave a comment:


  • adam(Va)
    replied
    Very nice build TH Jim! Had a question on your coil

    I admire how refined your Baracuda design is. Beautiful work. I was curious how you wound your coil? Is it a multiconductor cable that you fed into the pipe and soldered in series? Your video shows very impressive depth.

    Leave a comment:


  • Tekeweke
    replied
    Hi Bernte one,Size and offset my 0v but does not detect anything with the pot. regulus of treshold but nothing that I have to often in the leg 4 of 40106?

    Leave a comment:


  • bernte_one
    replied
    hello 6666

    no i havnt found it
    have to make my head free, if i look 10 times from one points of view i cant find it
    sometimes it is better for me to make a break and look later on it from another point

    when it doesnt run next time i will sell a nonworking unit maybe someone is able to find the mistake

    at moment i work for the german detektorforum
    i make the surf pi pro in a project together with beginners under advice
    we have some members there which were here too (2or 3)
    but not a stable detector diy thread
    hope i can achieve something there

    maybe we can get there some technical interested which are able to work and help also here

    regards

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    bernd

    Did you find the fault on your pcb ?

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X