Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GPR - project

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Seeker
    replied
    Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hi Seeker,
    First: Thank you for you valuable infos you offered on this site.
    I am very interested in GPR project and I am working on it using different parts.
    Second: I have an idea of using PC wireless lan card (WLAN WiFi 2.4 i.e. 811.22g) or WiFi Access point that has two separate TRX units. Both could be programed to transmit and receive at the same time according to the ....
    Hi Unregistered,
    you can't use WiFi equipment because WLAN work in simplex and times of switching TX-RX are very long in comparison with the necessary pulses and times for pulse radar. In fact for UWB GPR TXpulse mast be ~1ns, time of ringing of antena no more then 2ns,input of receiver ~2ns for turn-on.
    If you add power amplifier at 1W to increase output power ,then times will increase too.
    Of course some pulse GPRs has long times of switching but they hasn't good resolution.

    Leave a comment:


  • Unregistered
    Guest replied
    Wireless Network Access Point GPR !!!!

    Hi Seeker,
    First: Thank you for you valuable infos you offered on this site.
    I am very interested in GPR project and I am working on it using different parts.
    Second: I have an idea of using PC wireless lan card (WLAN WiFi 2.4 i.e. 811.22g) or WiFi Access point that has two separate TRX units. Both could be programed to transmit and receive at the same time according to the desired puls ordered through a specifically writen protocol that shoud be installed on the same computer. The output RF power is differ from some 10mw - 50 mw and easily could be amplified upto 15 dBs vier available RF amplifiers that are available in the markets.
    Up to now I could find a simple protocol that can turn this thing a very limted puls based RADAR.
    What do think about this project? Does anyone has experiences in progarming.
    What I simply know is that two programmings are required; a driver file that can translate between the PC and the Wireless Unit, and programming the micro-chip of the WU that maybe vier any Eprom Programmer.
    Regards.
    H Ziroh

    Leave a comment:


  • Seeker
    replied
    [quote=schatzsucher;60285]
    Originally posted by Seeker View Post
    you meens i cannot use a magnetron to generate one wave for transmitting? it´s no physicaly way.

    by the way:
    The tube CWM-50L generate 896/915 MHz by 50 kW!
    All the lower frequency than better to go inside the earth for electro-magnetic-waves - it´s my opinion.
    But lower frequency - the object you want to detect more largely.
    You can simplify: minimum object-size you want to detect = 1/10_lamda
    Magnetron can't generate one wave - it can generate burst of waves or continuous.
    You do not need 50kW, you need no more then 5-10W for penetration of 10 meters,if you have good receiver.
    2,4GHz is better , lamda for free air is ~12,5cm , if you right: 1/10 = 1,25 cm - it is very good resolution

    Leave a comment:


  • schatzsucher
    replied
    [quote=Seeker;60273]
    Originally posted by schatzsucher View Post
    can use this part for build an impulsradar?


    He he he , good joke! You can melt the treasure underground with this monster! Or bake worms and moles

    It's cheaper , if you take magnetron from microwave oven. It work at 2,4GHz .
    But magnetrons not applicable for GPR.
    Any questions?
    you meens i cannot use a magnetron to generate one wave for transmitting? it´s no physicaly way.

    by the way:
    The tube CWM-50L generate 896/915 MHz by 50 kW!
    All the lower frequency than better to go inside the earth for electro-magnetic-waves - it´s my opinion.
    But lower frequency - the object you want to detect more largely.
    You can simplify: minimum object-size you want to detect = 1/10_lamda

    By 2,4 GHz - what power is necessarily to detected an objects in the deep of 4 meter?

    Leave a comment:


  • Seeker
    replied
    Last month I end work at vacuum microwave evaporator . There are 10 magnetrons with 14 kW total RF power. When they start work , all cellphones around stops work.It was hard to find where is RF leakage.

    Leave a comment:


  • Seeker
    replied
    [quote=schatzsucher;60272]can use this part for build an impulsradar?


    He he he , good joke! You can melt the treasure underground with this monster! Or bake worms and moles

    It's cheaper , if you take magnetron from microwave oven. It work at 2,4GHz .
    But magnetrons not applicable for GPR.
    Any questions?

    Leave a comment:


  • schatzsucher
    replied
    can use this part for build an impulsradar?



    The Magnetron CWM-50L is made by California Tube Lab.
    Operating frequency: 896 / 915 MHz
    Output: up to 50 kW, at 88% efficiency
    Water-cooled anode, external electromagnet.
    L-band industrial CW magnetrons are the predominant high-power tubes for use in commercial microwave cooking, other heating, drying and curing applications, and in plasma generation and linear accelerators.

    Model number: CWM-50L
    Power kW: 50
    Anode kV: 15.0
    Anode A: 4.0
    Filament V: 12.6
    Filament A: 112
    Weight lbs/Kg: 15/6.8
    Source: http://www.helmut-singer.de/stock/1851705075.html

    Leave a comment:


  • Seeker
    replied
    Originally posted by nader2000 View Post
    I am following this GPR project for quit some time and I think that I have not seen any understandable schmatic for the project.Is there going to be a workable schmatic.
    Of course I will not publish complete shematic.When I start discuss GPR project I declare that. I give only essential diagram , comment some modules or answer any questions you have.You mast yourself design the shematic and it is the goal of this thread.

    So guys, if you have some specific technical questions I am online.

    Leave a comment:


  • Gem Searcher
    replied
    Originally posted by nader2000 View Post
    I am following this GPR project for quit some time and I think that I have not seen any understandable schmatic for the project.Is there going to be a workable schmatic.

    I had been working on several schematics for a device, but other projects have taken priority lately and I have not been working this. My goal is to develop a device that is gem sensitive. So I am having to work towards other means than simple EM waves. I am also depending more on mechanical feedback since I don't know enough about writing code to develop an algorithm program for interpretation of response signals.

    Leave a comment:


  • nader2000
    replied
    still waiting

    I am following this GPR project for quit some time and I think that I have not seen any understandable schmatic for the project.Is there going to be a workable schmatic.

    Leave a comment:


  • Geophyz
    replied
    Originally posted by Functional View Post
    I'm not quite certain what the reason is for wanting to see through walls, unless your trying to find treasure in your neighbors house.

    As for the GPR topic, I wish I was enough of an electronics guru to build one, but if I was, I'd probably have torn my old cordless phones apart by now, so I could salvage the 900 mhz and 2.4 ghz antenna's and circuitry, in the hope of using it to build a GPR. Well, at least I know which end of the soldering iron is which, (hint: the pointy end it hot).

    F.
    Thru wall GPR has many applications. Police and military currently use it to count or detect people behind walls or in adjacent rooms. Engineers use it to map structural problems, ducts, utilities etc.. in buildings. Here is one type:


    Here is another military type:

    Leave a comment:


  • Gem Searcher
    replied
    The use of surplus equipment might well be the cheapest way to go to get a built, ready to run gpr unit. Metal detectors, even with the improvements to them in the last several years, aren't enough yet to do specific mineral identification.

    For instance, steel, gold, silver, iron ore, nickel ore, hematite, magnetite, meteor fragments, and even aluminum, can all be found by a metal detector because of the resulting EM waves that set up around the metallic elements, which is what the metal detector looks for.

    Minerals, such as gems, are non-magnetic in nature and therefore do not respond in the same way. Even to use a gpr to look for them, there has to be a mass large enough to cause a refraction of the em signal waves.

    But sometimes, one must try it when there is not a better solution presented.

    Good luck.

    Leave a comment:


  • ruarto
    replied
    Great project. Couple quick questions though.
    1. What about using surplus or used marine radar for source TX?
    2. What about simple version with just beep like normal metal detector, use it for the extra depth radar gives, for finding metal rocks meteorites etc.

    Leave a comment:


  • Functional
    replied
    GPR - project

    Originally posted by Gem Searcher View Post
    "Well, at least I know which end of the soldering iron is which, (hint: the pointy end it hot)."

    That is a really good thing!! Keep from burning your fingers that way.

    Actually, my interest here has been more in developing a resonating signal by which to identify gems and minerals with. Some of the things presented here have been little tidbits of my puzzle. And I am working on putting them all together into a prototype to start working with. Still a few bugs on the drawing board to figure out yet.

    Regards to all
    Gotta protect them fingers.

    I don't know if GPR can be modified, or built to allow for gem locating, but then I don't know of anything that can locate gems. Except for some women I've met, who seem drawn to them.

    I was actually going to post here about another post I put on TNet about GPR, a DIY Magnetometer, electrical resistivity and several other links for imaging software, etc. The post can be found here:


    F.

    Leave a comment:


  • Gem Searcher
    replied
    "Well, at least I know which end of the soldering iron is which, (hint: the pointy end it hot)."

    That is a really good thing!! Keep from burning your fingers that way.

    Actually, my interest here has been more in developing a resonating signal by which to identify gems and minerals with. Some of the things presented here have been little tidbits of my puzzle. And I am working on putting them all together into a prototype to start working with. Still a few bugs on the drawing board to figure out yet.

    Regards to all

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X