Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GPR - project

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Seeker
    replied
    Hi aft_72005,
    I read your att., I know this publication, it is good explanation of UWB radars.But my aim is to create easy-to-make GPR,where didn't use expensve parts or Hi-Tech equipment for adjastment.In fact to work in UWB,you mast have picosecond oscilloscopes,SHF measurement instruments and spesial mechanical equipment(to equipt laboratory for UWB need about ~70 000$). UWB is very good field for development of new units, but it's too far from me.
    So, now I show my experimentally diagram:


    When I change frequency of generator,I will found IF equally for all distances.This is the essence of experiment.
    Of course , this frequency can be calculate.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • aft_72005
    replied
    Hi Seeker
    Sorry for my late, please see your
    Mail box .
    my idea is UWB , please explain about difficulties
    in this way.
    Best regards .

    Leave a comment:


  • Seeker
    replied
    So if you meen Burst pulse GPR , I think it is unworkable. If it is UWB , single pulse GPR it will work but there are many difficulties and technical obstacles.

    Leave a comment:


  • Seeker
    replied
    Hi aft_72005,
    There is a problem with login and upload in forum site.
    I didn't received any pdf from you yet.
    About pulse GPR , you meen UWB type or Burst type?

    My GMT+2

    Best regards

    Leave a comment:


  • Seeker
    replied
    Hi aft_72005,
    There is problem with log in forum site.
    I didn't received any pdf from you yet.
    About pulse GPR , you meen UWB type or Burst type?

    My GMT+2

    Best regards

    Leave a comment:


  • aft_72005
    replied
    Hi Seeker
    Another method used in the matter ,sending impulse .
    Please study pdf file which send to your email
    becase i can not upload here , which better ?
    What is your GMT ?
    Best regards.

    Leave a comment:


  • Seeker
    replied
    Hi Leto,
    I think lateral echoes not problem in our case more then in another GPR systems.The antennas will be not only one .Actually , there will be one TX antena and 4 RX antenas. The RX antenas will be connected together, in step ,sum up signals. All signals which are no in step will be decrease.The resolution is define by wavelenght , but in ground speed of EMfield is lower then in air.Range is define by modulation and absorptions of ground.

    Leave a comment:


  • Seeker
    replied
    Hi aft_72005,
    ofcourse I don't think call to anybody by phone too! The forum is good place to exchange ideas, but I would like to synchronize my shedule to anothers. ICQ is fast way to give signal for attendance.

    Anyway,I proseed the exlanation essentiality of GPR.
    The controller direct the TX frequency in series of steps,where one measurement cycle consist 256 frequency steps with variable duration and Ftx-Frx = constant for any particular step and depth.Every one step will give us information for determinate depth. If we choose this intermediate frequency equal to narrow band filter , we will received pulses long as current step, with amplitude equal of reflection of layer or object.

    In descrabed principle of work, we will avoid DSP for Furrie-analysis and all marsh-lands of mathematics.I think, this is critical point for more amateur GPR projects.
    The schematic will not be simple , but will be linear and with minimum SHF elements.

    Leave a comment:


  • Leto
    replied
    Hello Seeker.

    I agree with ~12cm band to be right frequency for start.. and great for finding caves, architecture,.. also bar-led display is good for testing but because of lateral echoes would be not so usefull on field.
    Helical antennas comes in small sizes compared to wavelengths so the system would be also very compact. Is your electronics sistem also adaptable for higher frequencies (higher resolution, lower range)? For uses like probing walls, etc.. As I know such antennas are rather poor radiators..but I guess there is no problem with this range.

    Leave a comment:


  • aft_72005
    replied
    Hi Seeker

    Thanks ,
    My time is a proximally GMT+3.5 hour , and prefer communicating by
    Email or this forum . because telephone connection
    Expensive in my country .
    See you later.
    Best regards.


    Leave a comment:


  • Seeker
    replied
    I think all > 1/4 wave in ground, but it is in function of mixer dinamic range and amplifier.I think, we mast make schematic now.
    What is your GMT+? Call me by ICQ.

    Leave a comment:


  • aft_72005
    replied
    Hi Seeker

    Thanks, what resolution we can obtain with 2480 MHZ ?
    For example may be see small stone or nugget in 4m deep.
    Best regards .

    Leave a comment:


  • Seeker
    replied
    Hi aft-72005,
    The ground is not homogeneous structure. The different stratifications have different absorptions, reflections and speeds of frequences.It is important to know if ground is dry or wet .The water have absorption of 2480MHz and pass at 3100MHz .The our aim is to find flat place in 900-3000MHz band of amplitude-frequency characteristic of penetrate of ground, which is 200MHz wide for most types of ground. Actually for 4m depth no matter what is attenuation of signal,but we need resolution and I think 2480MHz is good for initial checks.

    Best regards

    Leave a comment:


  • aft_72005
    replied
    Hi seeker
    I study principle of your GPR , its good and seem
    As practical .
    Low frequency in this band have better response and
    Penetrating in The ground .
    Best regards .

    Leave a comment:


  • Seeker
    replied
    Hi Leto,
    I read attached file. Yes, our project something like this , but I want to avoid DSP and mathematics, and all expensive parts. The idea in our project I take from nature, some animals use linear frequency scaning to compute distance and position of target. The helical antena have many advantages to another types and rotating polarization give us 20dB attenuation between TX and RX signals in straight reception.
    First mast to describe algoritm of modulation, proportional of scaning depth.
    The transmiter mast make bursts with step-change or continuously linear-change frequency for one cycle of measuring.This cycle mast contain all discretes (steps) of depth and corresponding duration to format the output signal.Our aim is to obtain synonymity of got signal after mixing.

    OK, the theme is too large for one message, I will proceed tomorow, now I will go to sleep.

    Best regards

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X