Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Voodoo Main Discussion

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 6666
    replied
    Originally posted by lamoiz View Post
    hi, first of all, i am in testing phase. on the omega and also on a super D.
    for the omega, the tx is 300mm and the nulling 110mm. it is made of litz175 / 46 wire. its inductance is 440uh. there are 26 turns.The rx coil is 0.2mm enameled copper. it is tuned with a capacity of 22nf. the dimensions are 140mm-170mm it is oval. there are 166 laps.(10.5mh) the resonance is 10.2 khz. the nulling obtained is 12mv .. for the moment, since nothing is really fixed. the sensitivity is average, a piece of copper is captured at 22cm, which is average given the dimensions, (in hybrid mode on the voodoo). the test on gold and platinum is average too, no more than 15 cm ... but this is only the beginning, because I have not adjusted anything in the parameters of the voodoo. here is.

    Thank you for your information, there is very little written about the omega, I will try useing your data, cheers.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mdtoday
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    I am interested in PIC18F45k22 version, if finished, tested and correct.
    No Problems, I will post the project files once completed and tested.
    I am going to order the REV -C Voodoo PCBs this morning.
    Was not planning on going fully into George's project just yet as I am working with KingJL on his ADuM BP TX design, however, I have a little bit of a window now so will do what I can on the porting side but really would like to test on hardware.
    My problem is I have a workshop full of SMD parts and only a handful of THD, so have to purchase most parts too.

    cheers

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    In the past I've always considered the Arduino (Atmega) development tools as a sort of poor man's alternative to using PIC microcontrollers.
    However, recently (and prompted by your enthusiasm for Arduino) I purchased a Uno, and found it remarkably easy to program. In fact, in only a few minutes I had the microcontroller equivalent of "Hello World" running. (i.e. a flashing LED.) After that I purchased some Nano boards, and now I'm hooked.
    Mdtoday is working on porting the mikcroC code to Microchip's XC8 compiler.
    Yes it is easy.
    But for more complex projects you can still use Arduino IDE to program more serious microprocessors too.
    STM32 series for example. ARM cores.
    And adopted Cpp used in with IDE is more than powerful.
    Combining such Cpp and assembly language, direct port/pin manipulation... at the end you'll get more performances and "horse power" than from the "brick" you picked here.
    There is absolutely nothing that can be done with PICs and at the same time not to be done with AVRs.
    I respect both. But AVRs are my favorites and much closer to my hearth; because are all much more hobby friendly and thanks to open source community; extremely well supported.
    Name "Arduino" is just small tip of a HUGE iceberg that can not be seen on skim look.
    Lot of things are going on below the water surface, trust me on this.

    ...
    "...Mdtoday is working on porting the mikcroC code to Microchip's XC8 compiler..."

    That's good news!

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by lamoiz View Post
    hi Surf, yes i started experimenting with various sample delay values. the small size is at least the dimension of a ring, gold silver or platinum .. for the moment I have results .. medium, ,, but I want to experiment with another frequency of RX and also with another size of wire for that. the voodoo is great for ferrous or non-ferrous analysis, it is really good !
    The idea of having a PI that could distinguish between ferrous and non-ferrous targets (without using target conductivity as the discrimination method) was something I've been working on for some time. Eventually I got the thing working and decided to release it as the Voodoo Project. There's still a lot of development work that could be done on this project, so it's good to see that Mdtoday is porting the code to a more readily accessible compiler, and others (including yourself) are experimenting with the coils. The basic concept actually works, but it would great if others could contribute with various tweaks and improvements. I know this is an advanced project, and it may be daunting to many less experienced members, but then others have complained that there's nothing new in the forum and the existing projects are too simple. It seems that you cannot satisfy everyone.

    Leave a comment:


  • lamoiz
    replied
    Originally posted by surfdetector View Post
    I think that you need to take into account not just the relative small size of the object but also the Time Constant of the target as two targets of the same size but of differing materials will have disparate signal decays.
    Start experimenting with the Sample Delay.
    hi Surf, yes i started experimenting with various sample delay values. the small size is at least the dimension of a ring, gold silver or platinum .. for the moment I have results .. medium, ,, but I want to experiment with another frequency of RX and also with another size of wire for that. the voodoo is great for ferrous or non-ferrous analysis, it is really good !

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    ... you could pick Atmega... any of those you like.
    Things would be much simpler and easier.
    And your project will be interesting for million people worldwide.
    In the past I've always considered the Arduino (Atmega) development tools as a sort of poor man's alternative to using PIC microcontrollers.
    However, recently (and prompted by your enthusiasm for Arduino) I purchased a Uno, and found it remarkably easy to program. In fact, in only a few minutes I had the microcontroller equivalent of "Hello World" running. (i.e. a flashing LED.) After that I purchased some Nano boards, and now I'm hooked.

    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    Is there any open source IDE for C?

    Mdtoday is working on porting the mikcroC code to Microchip's XC8 compiler.

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    Qiaozhi what version of mikroC PRO for PIC you used?
    The version I'm using is 7.6.0.

    Leave a comment:


  • surfdetector
    replied
    Originally posted by lamoiz View Post
    hi guys, via the voodoo menu how to increase sensitivity on small objects. Does somebody have an idea...??
    I think that you need to take into account not just the relative small size of the object but also the Time Constant of the target as two targets of the same size but of differing materials will have disparate signal decays.
    Start experimenting with the Sample Delay.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Very awkward situation.
    I am not used on mikroC PRO for PIC nor am satisfied with how is done.
    Generally newer Microchip PICs are HUGE pain in the ....!
    Not hobby friendly at all.
    Probably because i am much more familiar with AVRs.
    Everything is going so smooth with AVRs.
    ...
    Is there any open source IDE for C and this PIC18F4520 "brick"?
    Without urgent porting the code to some "normal" MCU... this project will stay alive only for minority of people here.
    George George... it was very bad decision from you!
    Instead you could pick Atmega... any of those you like.
    Things would be much simpler and easier.
    And your project will be interesting for million people worldwide.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by Mdtoday View Post
    Maybe a bit too fast...
    LCD code is done, ADC has been coded, port pins all ok, EEProm needs to be coded as the routine has been dropped from MC library for a lot of devices.
    Its ok with PIC16F not 18F.
    It is now replaced by the DATAEE library and MCC does not support a lot of the earlier devices including, unfortunately, the PIC18F4520.
    I am currently working on a routine.
    Good news is that I have also ported most of the Voodoo code to PIC18F45k22
    Looks like I'm going to build the hardware sooner than I planned so I can test both of the ported codes.
    Will post the PIC18F4520 version once I write that EEprom routine.

    [ATTACH]53908[/ATTACH]

    Cheers
    I am interested in PIC18F45k22 version, if finished, tested and correct.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Qiaozhi what version of mikroC PRO for PIC you used?
    Since you gave source code; i was thinking to analyze it and see if there will be possible to port it to some Atmega too.
    I am having this version installed:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	mecver.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	8.1 KB
ID:	358730
    And it gives me lot of errors while i try to compile the source code.

    Leave a comment:


  • lamoiz
    replied
    hi guys, via the voodoo menu how to increase sensitivity on small objects. Does somebody have an idea...?? George, I'm going to try 0.10 threads and also 0.18 threads, then 0.25 threads on Rx. what do you think ?

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Originally posted by surfdetector View Post
    What will you be using for a coil?

    I have not decided yet, will be something simple for starters, not being a vlf man.

    Leave a comment:


  • surfdetector
    replied
    Originally posted by 6666 View Post
    My LCD works.
    What will you be using for a coil?

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    My LCD works.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X