Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Voodoo Main Discussion

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Phantom
    replied
    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    Yes, I know. Same thing happened with ITMD. Carl and I read and re-read it 100s of times.

    Talking of errors ... I notice that your account name is Phatom, but you sign off as Phantom. Would you like me to correct that?

    Gerorge,

    Yes, this is the clear example of a typing error. Then I did not know if trying to correct it would lose my account


    I would be very grateful if you made this change. Thank you very much


    Cheers to all

    Phantom

    Leave a comment:


  • bernte_one
    replied
    coil shell

    i want to draw a concentric coil shell for 3d printing

    it should have 280mm outer diamater,
    what inner diameter is best choice / relation ?

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    PCB's have arrived no thanks to dhl,
    they look good, now the longer wait for the book.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by Phatom View Post


    George,

    For years as part of my work I had to write technical documents. I read each document some times to correct misprints and mistakes. But if you are the author, you can read a hundred times and you aren't able to see a lot of them. You pass over as the document was perfect.

    Later, when you put the document for review by the rest of the team members, that's when the errors appear and hit you in the eyes. This is inevitable, don't worry too much.

    Regards to all

    Phantom
    Yes, I know. Same thing happened with ITMD. Carl and I read and re-read it 100s of times.

    Talking of errors ... I notice that your account name is Phatom, but you sign off as Phantom. Would you like me to correct that?
    Last edited by Qiaozhi; 10-25-2020, 09:48 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Phantom
    replied
    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    Yes, that should be Fig. 3-16. I'll add that to post #1.
    I can see a future proof reader ...



    George,

    For years as part of my work I had to write technical documents. I read each document some times to correct misprints and mistakes. But if you are the author, you can read a hundred times and you aren't able to see a lot of them. You pass over as the document was perfect.

    Later, when you put the document for review by the rest of the team members, that's when the errors appear and hit you in the eyes. This is inevitable, don't worry too much.

    Regards to all

    Phantom

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by Phatom View Post
    George,


    Reading a little more of this interesting book, a new question arises. On page 29, when describing TP5, at the end of the paragraph it says:


    ... the Troy coil (Fig. 3-18 ).


    Shouldn't it say the following?


    ... the Troy coil (Fig. 3-16).


    Greetings to all

    Phantom
    Yes, that should be Fig. 3-16. I'll add that to post #1.
    I can see a future proof reader ...

    Leave a comment:


  • Phantom
    replied
    George,


    Reading a little more of this interesting book, a new question arises. On page 29, when describing TP5, at the end of the paragraph it says:


    ... the Troy coil (Fig. 3-18 ).


    Shouldn't it say the following?


    ... the Troy coil (Fig. 3-16).


    Greetings to all

    Phantom

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    I'm in strong objection to the name of this project.
    Sounds like I may never return from a treasure hunt!

    "It was the Voodoo detector that finally did him in"...."we found his body half way down a 2 meter hole clutching a shovel in his hand....the metal detector he was supposedly swinging was nowhere to be found"

    I'll order the book. Thanks for the project.

    Leave a comment:


  • MartyJ1963
    replied
    @Qiaozhi,,,Thanks for the info and the document,,,learnt something new! @Lamois,,Thanks for the link but I think this bagful I have here, according to the info, will do the job. Thanks, Regards, Marty.

    Leave a comment:


  • surfdetector
    replied
    Originally posted by waltr View Post
    I stopped using XTALs a long time ago with PICs. What I use are ceramic resonators with built in cap.


    These are way more than accurate enough for anything we need.


    The price is certainly a good one.

    Leave a comment:


  • waltr
    replied
    Originally posted by MartyJ1963 View Post
    Can anyone give a pat number or a link on where to buy the 20mhz 'Parallel' cut crystal please? All the items I've looked up don't say whether they are parallel cut or series cut so I dont know what to purchase. Thanks, regards, Marty.
    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    The majority of crystals are parallel cut, so the chances are that the ones you have will work.

    Apparently any crystal that is listed with a load capacitance is a parallel resonant crystal.
    This attached document has some useful information.
    I stopped using XTALs a long time ago with PICs. What I use are ceramic resonators with built in cap.


    These are way more than accurate enough for anything we need.

    Leave a comment:


  • lamoiz
    replied
    Originally posted by MartyJ1963 View Post
    Can anyone give a pat number or a link on where to buy the 20mhz 'Parallel' cut crystal please? All the items I've looked up don't say whether they are parallel cut or series cut so I dont know what to purchase. Thanks, regards, Marty.

    quartz hf ..

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by MartyJ1963 View Post
    Can anyone give a pat number or a link on where to buy the 20mhz 'Parallel' cut crystal please? All the items I've looked up don't say whether they are parallel cut or series cut so I dont know what to purchase. Thanks, regards, Marty.
    The majority of crystals are parallel cut, so the chances are that the ones you have will work.

    Apparently any crystal that is listed with a load capacitance is a parallel resonant crystal.
    This attached document has some useful information.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • MartyJ1963
    replied
    Can anyone give a pat number or a link on where to buy the 20mhz 'Parallel' cut crystal please? All the items I've looked up don't say whether they are parallel cut or series cut so I dont know what to purchase. Thanks, regards, Marty.

    Leave a comment:


  • lamoiz
    replied
    Originally posted by MartyJ1963 View Post
    @Qiaozhi,,Thanks for the info again. @Silverdog,,,Nice one Andy,,Looking forward to you annoucing when the boards arrive and the prices. It'll be handy to be able to buy a programmed chip too as it will save a lot of builders a lot of frustration who have trouble with programmng. Thanks and regards, Marty.
    we are there to help us, if you have any problem for programming with the PICs I can simply do it for you ... just postage

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X