Ivconic Magnetometer/Gradiometer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ivconic Magnetometer/Gradiometer

Looking for a associate, a partner (whatever) from EU, USA etc.
    To produce pcb for this one and to sell as kit or ready device.
    It is magnetometry logger made completely by me.
    I wrote the code and i designed the project.
    Completely genuine.
    It is portable, adaptable and expandable (more upgrades are planned).
    It is using common fluxgate sensors. Though i can adapt the code for any other type of sensors too.
    I've been spending last 3-4 years mostly on learning programming. Now is time to offer something from it.
    But since i do live in non EU country; shipping across the customs is much more expensive and complicated than if i was in EU or USA.
    So i was thinking to offer in public and look up for associate or partner in this.
    Kits should not be expensive. PCB and preprogrammed Atmega. The rest of components are trivial and easy obtainable everywhere.
    If there are interested persons for further talking; please contact me on one of my emails: [email protected] or [email protected]

I plan version with two sensors and version with one sensor.
    I plan kits and ready made device.
    I plan Arduino shield version.
    By now it is having these features:
    1) 3 buttons: REC, 180 DEG and NULL
    a) REC - on press; stores momentary data in CSV file on SD card in order: Top sensor (absolute value), Bottom sensor (absolute value), Difference (relative difference between sensors, with or without nulling offset).
    b) 180 DEG - on press; tells the code that following data are next row in matrix, each press = next row.
    c) NULL - same function as on Becker's Magnetometry logger; sets the "Null" ("Balanced") value, offset between sensors as "null" (middle point on scale, middle point in audio ("center" = no audio)).
    2) LCD display, top line; Top sensor absolute value, Bottom sensor absolute value, bottom line; difference (offset), progress bar scale with center (left and right scale, "negative" and "positive" anomalies).
    3) Audio output; silent on centered value, high pitch tone corresponding right bars on scale, low pitch tone corresponding left bars on scale. Additional indicator for signal.
    4) SD card. For storing logged data in any desired format or order. At the moment it stores in CSV format.
    Very accurate and very stable. Reading and saving absolute values. I managed to write very delicate method for taking out the signals from sensor(s).
    I also planed addition of GPS/GPRS feature for future versions, with the same printed board.
    I also planed addition of BT or any other kind of RF communication and data/command transfer between the device and pc computer, mobile phone or tablets.
    Recently i developed (for quite another application and purpose) very interesting low power and long distance digital RF data transfer, so right now i am in thinking what to do here; should i implement that technology in this Magnetometer or should i implement common BT communication.
    Either one of those are applicable.
    In a certain purposes; long distance RF data transfer is better choice (Seismography per example).
    In personal "on the spot" use; BT is probably better choice.
    In short; this project is pretty much versatile and planned as "platform" for developing wide variety of similar devices.

Comment

Cestitam ivice lots of sales success !

Comment

Originally posted by Orbit View Post
        read Forum rules

much success too!

Comment

Originally posted by bernte_one View Post
          read Forum rules

much success too!

I guess it's not a problem; Nenad (Oribt) is trusty old member.
          He only congratulates me. Nothing else.

Hvala Nenade!
          Videćemo. Planirao sam ovo kao kit komplet, upravo da bi cena bila niža a tržiÅ¡te veće.

Thanks Nenad!
          We will see. I planed this as kit complete, right for the reasons of lower prices and wider market.

Comment

Ah yes!
            In addition... i used FG-3+ sensors from:

https://www.fgsensors.com

Several years ago, making several Becker's Magnetometry loggers; i used Speake&Co FGM-3 sensors.
            But it was pretty much complicated and tedious for me to obtain those sensors from UK.
            I had to find a willing EU person to place a deposit via bank to Mr. Speake's account.
            Than i had to wait that EU person to receive sensors from UK, than send to me here... and so on and so on...
            Usually it took 40 days to 2 months those sensors to arrive.
            Now is much easier. It takes not more than a week to get sensors from link above.
            I compared Speake FGM-3 with FG-3+ and couldn't tell the difference.
            Except the nice fact from the other day; FG-3+ sensors are having better settled power supply filtration, no need for external components.
            And it shows in real work. I noticed greater stability.

Comment

Originally posted by Orbit View Post
              Congratulations Ivice ! lots of sales success !

Comment

Great job Ivconic for posting it here, I remember mined also but used FLC100 sensor and used OKM Visulaizer 3D.
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hG4Yqhsatw

Comment

Moving from breadboard to pcb.

Comment

whoah that looks amazing any idea of when product will be available yet i haven't yet played with magnetometers but remember building a gigantic job from amazing1 (usa) from one of their books many years ago and i would detect large bodies like cars moving down the street etc but had no real resolution.

Comment

Originally posted by qute1 View Post
                      whoah that looks amazing any idea of when product will be available yet i haven't yet played with magnetometers but remember building a gigantic job from amazing1 (usa) from one of their books many years ago and i would detect large bodies like cars moving down the street etc but had no real resolution.
                      Very soon, hopefully.
                      Very soon i will announce selling of affordable kits for this one.
                      I insisted on lower price, to cover wider market and to make it affordable for every hobbyist on planet.
                      So... it is in progress. When exactly it will be ready; tough to be precise, some aspects are not depending on my will.
                      I plan several options, several versions and long term upgradeability.
                      For detecting large bodies like cars moving down the street; i have interesting variation of this mag with very unique solutions.
                      But it would not be smart from me to disclose details at this moment.
                      There are lot of smart people, visiting these pages and picking up good ideas for free.
                      We could probably talk the details on that variation at the end of August.
                      Right now i am focused on basic version, to reach the market asap.
                      Important point of this story is that i planned it from the plain hobbyists standing point.
                      What's good for me; must be good for others too. Affordable price with correct capabilities on the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by RS_Phil View Post
                        Great job Ivconic for posting it here, I remember mined also but used FLC100 sensor and used OKM Visulaizer 3D.
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hG4Yqhsatw

I missed this post?
                        If i could get FLC; i would adapt code for it.
                        But i can't by now.
                        There is no way me to obtain them from here.

Comment

Originally posted by ivconic View Post

I missed this post?
                          If i could get FLC; i would adapt code for it.
                          But i can't by now.
                          There is no way me to obtain them from here.
                          Send to me a email i can give two Gift.
                          Welcome

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolas View Post
                            Send to me a email i can give two Gift.
                            Welcome
                            What email?

Comment

Originally posted by ivconic View Post
                              What email?
                              [email protected]

Comment