No announcement yet.

Ivconic Magnetometer/Gradiometer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have all those on my disk for long time.
    I don't have any schematic that involves any use of feedback pin though.

Comment

• Finally arrived 4 sensors from:

https://www.tutti.ch/de/vi/aargau/ga...389?redirected

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	new-1.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	538.4 KB
ID:	353354

Comment

• I have not found yet a proper schema, I present my piece.
          Power supply with LP2951-3,3V; output from current regulator on the feedback winding.
          Unfortunately, in the image of an oscilloscope on the controller current appeared strong multiple sine wave from your generator (due to a large output resistance of the controller).
          They cannot be block to the ground, because capacitors change the frequency and the amplitude of the generator.
          The reason was a big factor of magnetic coupling M.
          Consequently, I quit my idea to use feedback winding.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	S1.png
Views:	1
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	353362
          I had difficulty with the message straight from KiCad.

Comment

• Hello together,

can some of the Admins please delete my post above........something went wrong there and I cant delete or edit it......:-(

Have built a Malish FM and a Magnus the last month in my free time and wasnt often in our great forum here in the past months. Now ive seen this fantastic project from Ivconic!!! Wow....thank you for let us be with you on your project and let us see the process steps you make with it. I wanted to build the Becker Grad in the past.....but ive seen that the original built of Beckers Grad has not enough memory to save bigger projects at once. I have two original FGM3 sensors here at home. If you sell your device in the future let me know. Or if you only sell ready build devices.....I could send you my FGM3 sensors for building.....and eventually you can sell me one device a bit cheaper;-)

Anyway.....great project......great work and the posts here are very interesting. Wish much success;-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Prospekteur View Post
              can some of the Admins please delete my post above........something went wrong there and I cant delete or edit it......:-(
              Done.

Comment

• Originally posted by Prospekteur View Post
                Hello together,
                Have built a Malish FM and a Magnus the last month in my free time and wasnt often in our great forum here in the past months. Now ive seen this fantastic project from Ivconic!!! Wow....thank you for let us be with you on your project and let us see the process steps you make with it. I wanted to build the Becker Grad in the past.....but ive seen that the original built of Beckers Grad has not enough memory to save bigger projects at once. I have two original FGM3 sensors here at home. If you sell your device in the future let me know. Or if you only sell ready build devices.....I could send you my FGM3 sensors for building.....and eventually you can sell me one device a bit cheaper;-)
                Anyway.....great project......great work and the posts here are very interesting. Wish much success;-)
                That's one of the annoyances i wanted to correct with my magnetometer. So i use SD card as "memory".
                I made two complete devices so far. Preparing to make third one. Speaking on SD card... come to think... i don't actually need the slot for SD card at front panel at all.
                It is also annoyance in process of finishing it; to perfectly match and fit SD card reader slot with hole on front panel.
                Because those "Catalex Micro SD card modules" (look a likes made in China) are coming to me always with slightly different dimensions and volumes!???
                So the 3D file for front panel that i made to fit the first Catalex module i used; now is not matching the new ones for even few mm's.
                The whole point of me buying the 3D printer was exactly to avoid torturing around enclosures and sharp knives... and all the troubles of making proper and nice holes for components and elements on the enclosure itself.
                So i decided to omit the slot on front panel for inserting the micro SD card. It will stay permanently inside the device. Acting as large memory. As much larger "eeprom".
                There is a bluetooth for transferring SD card content to outer world anyway... as well as in-Menu options to manipulate, generate and delete SD card content too.
                So my next, the third, device will not have hole on front panel for inserting the card.
                Next annoyance i wanted to correct and improve was obsolete and sometimes pretty problematic RS232 pc connection. Use of bluetooth solved it all.
                Microcontroller is different, the code is different, sampling method is different, UI is much more modern and improved... but in essence it is the same kind of device as Beckers.
                I think i achieved a main goal with it. Now am tempted to go step forward. Will see.
                In meantime i tried to establish some sort of partnership "network" first in EU and later world wide, for selling this as kit completes.
                I failed. Must be something very wrong in my approach. Yet i failed to find at least one decent and straightforward and fair partner.
                Few people answered my appeal from several months ago (July and August 2018.), telling that they are ready to join... at the end they just wasted my precious time with pretty empty talks and nonsense rhetoric.
                I wrote miles and miles of emails, explanations etc... Wasted so much time and energy on very wrong people. I lost any hope and enthusiasm by now for any similar idea.
                I will not make this open source and public domain. That's my definite decision. It will stay only at my home. And eventually die unreleased.
                Not because it is something special, rare or very valuable... but because i invested indeed huge deal of my precious time and energy on it. And later was pretty disappointed from what i experienced with people who supposed to join and make this live market product.
                As i explained so many times so far, pretty fairly and honestly; i am not in nice and easy position to make any sort of similar business only by my own. Due some subjective and mainly some objective reasons.
                I guess that was the main "trigger" in some peoples minds to start to believe that they will easily take advantage from that situation and earn some money for themselves ... WITHOUT having to invest anything from their part.
                Not gonna happen. Not in this lifetime. Not with me. I will rather bury all my work than to accept such way of thinking and behavior.
                So... that's the situation as it is.
                For my own pleasure, exercise and educational purposes; i am continuing with work on this. Much more ideas to realize. Much more additions and functionalities to add and finish. Probably porting to next more powerful platform soon.
                Just preparing Arm3 development system to start porting this project on it.
                Etc.
                As for honest individuals, hobbyists and enthusiasts ... colleagues from this forum; i am not shutting the door completely. I am ready to provide all what's necessary for this project to be diy-ed by those, if anyone really interested.
                I only don't know yet the most proper method how. Sending pre-programmed Atmegas is an option. Export taxes from here to EU (and abroad generally) are such that will affect the final price significantly.
                Also i don't have secure and established "channel" yet to be ready to send Atmega immediately after the request. I don't want to get into situation to lie people here. Someone will request pre-programmed Atmega, for example, and i will not be able to provide in shortest possible time... due some objective yet pretty lunatic reason. Just because Serbia is out of EU, just because local taxes and regulations are not compatible with outer world etc...
                I experienced this so many times so far. I missed to earn decent sums of money so far on my previous works. I got so much demands in the past on this and that. I always stuck to a high "wall" of problems and issues. Everything is so complicated here.
                Therefore i don't want even to try until i provide stiff and secure methods of dealing with abroad markets. My philosophy is better to stay totally broke for a life time; than to earn first few cents and than totally embarrass on a first trivial obstacle that may appear.
                Tell me to tell you...
                Tell me how; and i will provide you at least pre-programmed Atmega. So you will be able to diy it by yourself.
                Putting it in envelope and simply post it; will cost money and time from here.
                And there is huge chance never to reach destination.
                Black hole!
                I opened my hearth here again. Those are the reasons why this story keep going on and on and still is not realized.
                Until totally decent and completely honest and straightforward partner appears, ready to invest some money in this to make it going on.
                The guy from CH, i recently bought a batch of Speake FGM-3H sensors... maybe will decide to accept to sell my kit completes from there, from CH.
                Still negotiating.
                I will have to find a way to provide him also a batch of kits. And than he will be in position to ship them worldwide immediately on demand.
                Will see.
                If we make some agreement; i will announce that here at once.

Comment

• Let's go back to some basics.
                  Quite amazing and worth to be watched:

Comment

• Several most important concepts are mentioned in those videos.
                    General concepts that also backups well on what we are trying to do on these forums.
                    Just enjoy watching and try to catch the concepts.

Comment

• Is this magnetometer "directional" so it can compute the increase of the field if some
                      iron object is near no matter from which direction you are approaching?

Because this would be much better than "painting groundmaps" first by walking
                      around in narrow lines over a larger area, 3m distance grid between the lines etc.

Perhaps I would buy one but it must make more noise, vibration or whatever signals when
                      I'm coming closer to the iron object no matter if east, north, UP, DOWN or south-south-west.

Comment

• Unfortunately, do also noise from your watch, shoes and trouser bar and power lines. You have a choice: either the sensitivity in the axis ' Z ', or the width of the-then a small depth.

Comment

• This sounds not good !!!

Perhaps the best method with this magnetometer is walking east to west or vice versa
                          and use the metal-detector north or south if the magnetic field changes plus or minus.

Comment

• Bad idea.
                            This is a magnetometer differential (gradiometer). Is sensitive in the 2 sensors. Set it exactly vertical.
                            Any deviation from the vertical bring unwanted changes to the operating point on characteristics of B (H) and the possibility of a small false indications.

Comment

• I want a directional magnetometer/gradio and nothing else!
                              Perhaps it works by artificial created strong pure magnetical field
                              and when iron/steel comes in contact with it, the field changes.
                              These pure passive earth-field measurements are too unreliable.

Comment

• Unfortunately, in this thread only truly passive, magnetic sensors sensitive to changes in the magnetic field in the Earth's crust.
                                Detect 5 to 10 m depth depends on the amount of iron.
                                Then visualize the 2,5D or 3D.
                                Similar effects you can get only by using GPR - there you will find real forced a strong electromagnetic field.
                                In another section you propose super detectors - they work directly on the gold.
                                In your areas probably rarely hidden the gold in iron crates

Comment

Working...
                                X