No announcement yet.

Ivconic Magnetometer/Gradiometer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi ivconic, could I have a question about this amazing project?
    May email is [email protected]
    Thank you in advance, sincerely Vladislav.

Comment

• I sent you email.

Comment

• Kits that i am waiting for almost 4 months by now; will probably never come.
        So i have to figure out different solution.
        JLPCB took money and washed their hands from this problem, putting all the guilt and blame to national post office.
        They suggesting me to place new order, new batch, this time to pick DHL option for sending.
        Simply as that.
        As for using copper pipe to make sensor setup, more infos...
        Yes, copper pipe with thin walls (not more than 1mm) is acting as sort of "stabilizer" and affects positively sensors behavior.
        But!
        Also i found out that there is real copper and "copper made in China"! Make no mistake upon this!
        They even f..ked up that too!
        The same as with various cables with "rich copper litz" shielding...where they put steel wires painted in copper color.
        The same situation with "copper" pipes imported from China; not pure copper but some ugly alloy with iron, painted in copper color.
        So beware!

Comment

• How about when too small pipe diameter (Al., Cu) results in a "compact coil"effect?
          I confirm the different quality of copper available on the market, some even installers do not like.

Comment

• Originally posted by Krzysztof View Post
            How about when too small pipe diameter (Al., Cu) results in a "compact coil"effect?
            I confirm the different quality of copper available on the market, some even installers do not like.
            I don't know about that, can you explain?
            Usually i 3D print sensor holders which are helping better alignment of sensors in a pipe.
            So those also acts like sort of "spacers" too, against pipe walls.
            If pipe is with 22mm diameter, 1mm thickness; i print 19.8mm outer diameter holders (0.2mm difference to easy put, slide, move and place holder in pipe).
            FGM-3 is 16mm diammeter, so there is a hole in holder, 16.1 to 16.2mm. Which leaves 3.8mm/2=1.9mm clearance from the pipe wall.
            FG3 sensor is somewhat lower diameter and leaves more clearance.
            And there is always possibility to pick pipe with larger diameter and print different holders, to get more clearance.
            But generally i would like to see explanation of "compact coil" effect!?

Comment

• Such an English translator Bing. In my opinion, so close to the tube without intersection gives large short circuit currents with the displacement of the phase. All due to a high "M" factor retroactively interfering with the current in the sensor coil itself. I use only plastic pipes with a minimum of metal in the area.
              All screens wrapped in MD also take a break on the coil circuit.
              I used to use a bipillar coil (M=1) with solid current magnetization (I<0.1mA) from a current source in close proximity and came out miracles from the interaction to the oscilloscope.

Comment

• Some time ago I bought a KIT from Ivconic. I bought it, I bought some missing elements plus FG-3 + sensors from fgsensors.com/shop and started folding. The electronics box that I had turned out to be too small so I used the ones I had after chocolates 14x19x4cm (terribly weak material for a 1mm case) folded only to run and check if it works. In the field it is better to have it in a box (after chocolates) stiff than everything loosely. Aluminum tube, bushes turned from polyamide, but the sensors on the manufacturer's side turned out to be uneven. On one hand, 11.5mm, and on the other, over 12mm and sleeves had to be lapped with sandpaper. After putting it in a pipe in well-fitted sleeves, everything was arranged nicely in the axis. I used a 0.5mm cable to connect the sensors to the box. After the initial tests, the equipment is very stable and precise. This is my first magnetometer. Technically very good and simple. Aesthetically, this requires a lot of improvement. The box will be smaller and made of 3mm plexiglass. I really liked the colorless housing. I will also replace the cable with another one. The pipe to be painted or I will put it in plastic black. The box with electronics and battery weighs 240g. Aluminum tube 40mm / 3mm, wall 95cm long with sleeves and sensors about 1kg. Another lighter pipe could have been used. Pictures taken right after firing up the equipment as I haven't even cleaned up yet. If I improve the cable and the box aesthetically, I will probably upload photos too.
                I have not seen on the forum that someone from the EU bought and described, and the equipment worth recommending. The program is very well refined.
                Due to customs and taxes, the KIT option was more favorable to me. Due to the fact that magnetometers are not very popular in my country, and I am weak in electronics, Ivconic, two constructors from my country (including mainly Krzysztof from this forum) and a colleague of electronics supported me with my knowledge.
                Attached Files

Comment

• I see you made it! Bravo!
                  Next step is to make proper enclosure.
                  But you passed the most important step, it is working and alive, that's good!
                  Yes, i also have the same remark upon sensors.
                  It would be better if those are made in straight cylinder without differences at sides.
                  "...
                  I have not seen on the forum that someone from the EU bought and described..."

You would be the first one. Because i sold none of those before you ordered it.
                  I sold only finished devices. Those few customers are not members of this forum, nor i think they are interested in "foruming".
                  And i delayed the sale of kits because i actually never planned to sell that version as kit.
                  It is version that is planned only to put inside finished and completed device.
                  And for kits i planned SMD version.
                  But as i complained few times so far, SMD version pcbs never arrived from China.
                  4 months delay. Damn China post office.
                  So i decided to sell pcbs which i have in stock, ready for complete devices... UNTIL and IF EVER i get SMD pcbs from China.
                  Very bad luck for me. It puts chaos in all my plans, that delay.
                  I lost too much time. Too much energy and resources, funds also.
                  And nothing i can do about it... except maybe to risk and order new batch from JLPCB or similar.
                  Will see.
                  Anyway i am very glad to see that you finished it and that it is working.
                  Cheers!

Comment

• Bravo! I'm glad there will be more magnetometer users on the Forum.
                    Good luck!.

Comment

• This is my latest "product".
                      Magnetometer probe.
                      Very sensitive!
                      I am amazed!
                      But since outdoor is very ugly and bad weather; i can not test it outdoor yet.
                      It has:
                      Audio volume
                      Retune
                      Sensitivity.
                      uPC based, i wrote different code.
                      Only one sensor inside
                      Very agile and sensitive.
                      Producing two kind of tones; "negative" and "positive" .
                      Many locals here in my country complains on complexity of my main magnetometer product (yoyos, who don't want to read neither 2 lines of explanations in User Manual, same yoyos who expects miracles with only one knob to turn and at the same moment to discover huge fortune)
                      So i made this "probe" for such lazy and limited minded people!
                      (hell of advertisement this would be!!! nobody who read statement from the above ; will certainly not decide to buy it, because if buy it; admits stupidity, am i the duke of the advertisements&sales or what??)
                      I will put nice shiny label on it with brand "El Stupido" for USA market... and "Durak" for Russian markets!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200211_171240.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	239.7 KB
ID:	356540

Name:	20200211_171253.jpg
Size:	236.4 KB
ID:	356541

Name:	20200211_171301.jpg
Size:	232.5 KB
ID:	356542

Comment

• Comment

• [КУОТЕ = ивцониц; 266251] [видео = иоутубе; бклвСјД1етк] хттпс://ввв.иоутубе.цом/ватцх?в=бклвСјД1етк [/ видео] [/ КУОТЕ]
                          Super!!: супер:: супер:: супер:

Comment

• Maybe a little smaller housing and a clock analog signal strength indicator and very good practical equipment. An amazing idea.

Comment

• Congratulations!
                              For the video, for now, your Mage senses a change in the horizontal lines of the earth's magnetic field forces. After the reset always silent, then it gives a positive or negative deviation depending on the rotation.
                              Give better video with mag vertical setting, then it will signal nails in the floor.
                              Best contraption under the name 'The Mag for Dummies'.

Comment

• Originally posted by Orbit View Post
                                [КУОТЕ = ивцониц; 266251] [видео = иоутубе; бклвСјД1етк] хттпс://ввв.иоутубе.цом/ватцх?в=бклвСјД1етк [/ видео] [/ КУОТЕ]
                                Super!!: супер:: супер:: супер:
                                Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X