Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Epe pic magnetometer

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Geo
    replied
    Originally posted by epitopios View Post
    Γιώργο , καλά που το είδα , λάθος ολοκληρωμένο μου είχαν στείλει
    γι αυτό δεν είχα σήμα !!!!!
    θα περιμένω το σωστό και θα σε ενημερώσω
    friendly , epitopios
    I"ll try to call you at afternoom.
    Who IC was wrong??? From Elektor or from Gradiometer????

    Leave a comment:


  • epitopios
    replied
    Originally posted by Krzysztof View Post
    Hi Epitopios.
    What is to Windows. Hex is the processor.
    Is the hex that was what you got to find it.
    Vy 73 Chris.
    dear Krzysztof
    I just received your 3 emails
    i will work on them with a friiend who knows well the PC programmes
    thank you and I appreciate a lot
    friendly , epitopios

    Leave a comment:


  • epitopios
    replied
    Originally posted by Geo View Post
    Γεια σου Πανο.
    Δεν αφηνεις το Γραδιομετρο και να κοιταξεις να φτιαξεις το κυκλωματακι που σου εδωσα!!!!
    Γιώργο , καλά που το είδα , λάθος ολοκληρωμένο μου είχαν στείλει
    γι αυτό δεν είχα σήμα !!!!!
    θα περιμένω το σωστό και θα σε ενημερώσω
    friendly , epitopios

    Leave a comment:


  • epitopios
    replied
    Originally posted by Krzysztof View Post
    Hi Epitopios.
    What is to Windows. Hex is the processor.
    Is the hex that was what you got to find it.
    Vy 73 Chris.
    dear Krzysztof
    yes , its missing an .hex file ,thats my problem
    and if you know if this programme works with windows 98 or windows XP?
    or both ?
    friendly , epitopios

    Leave a comment:


  • Krzysztof
    replied
    Hi Epitopios.
    What is to Windows. Hex is the processor.
    Is the hex that was what you got to find it.
    Vy 73 Chris.

    Leave a comment:


  • epitopios
    replied
    Originally posted by Geo View Post
    Γεια σου Πανο.
    Δεν αφηνεις το Γραδιομετρο και να κοιταξεις να φτιαξεις το κυκλωματακι που σου εδωσα!!!!
    αφού το έχω βρε Γιώργο έτοιμο , γιατί να μην το δούμε και αυτο σε σύγκριση με το άλλο ??? περιμένω και άλλα 2 FGM-3
    απλώς δεν το βλέπει το laptop γιατί του λείπει ενα .hex file
    I just dont have a .hex file of his programme !!!
    and I dont know if it works with windows 98 or windows XP ???
    friendly , epitopios

    Takis , why you worry ???

    Leave a comment:


  • apogonos
    replied
    The cicuits ate us like Julia!!!!
    Tι κύκλωμα για μολογάτε!!!

    Leave a comment:


  • Geo
    replied
    Originally posted by epitopios View Post
    i am still waiting for some help for hex.file


    friendly , epitopios
    Γεια σου Πανο.
    Δεν αφηνεις το Γραδιομετρο και να κοιταξεις να φτιαξεις το κυκλωματακι που σου εδωσα!!!!

    Leave a comment:


  • epitopios
    replied
    Originally posted by epitopios View Post
    I have made Epe pic magnetometer
    1- whats the distance between two sensors ?
    2-if it is possible , I am interesting about data loger2 or (hex file) project for me, I dont have the .hex (file) Please HELP !!!!

    [email protected]

    Friendly, epitopios
    i am still waiting for some help for hex.file


    friendly , epitopios

    Leave a comment:


  • epitopios
    replied
    Epe pic magnetometer

    I have made Epe pic magnetometer
    1- whats the distance between two sensors ?
    2-if it is possible , I am interesting about data loger2 or (hex file) project for me, I dont have the .hex (file) Please HELP !!!!

    [email protected]

    Friendly, epitopios

    Leave a comment:


  • mmlove2007
    replied
    pleas send full Epe pic magnetometer & data loger2 or (hex file) proje for me

    [email protected]

    best regards

    Leave a comment:


  • damiafix
    replied
    Hi Olsteffe,
    many thanks for the clarifications, I understand perfectly; so when I'll finish the Carl's Gradiometer, and I'll have aligned correctly the two FGM-03 I'll start to build, the EPE Magnetometer (many thanks to ivconic for the docs). But at this moment I've serious problems with the aligment of the sensors. In my test, I've removed all metals and magnetic perturbations around the probe (I've tested it in mountain) but when I place the probe vertically to the ground, the VCO play sounds continually. It's very strange, I will check all the connections, but the tool seems to be sensible to the metals (but a low sensibility)!
    Look here:


    All the best, D.

    Leave a comment:


  • olsteffe
    replied
    Originally posted by damiafix View Post
    Hi Olsteffe,
    Do you think that the auto calibration of the SCL007 is better then the Epe? I've build a Gradiometer from the Carl's project; can I use it with the EPE?
    I'm thinking to start a EPE Magnetometer, but now I've the problem of the correct aligment of the two FGM-3 (I've start a 3d about, in this room, no replyes for now)!

    All the best, Damiafix.
    Hello damiafix
    it is no doubt that the autocalibration of SCL007 is better, it measures each sensors max and min value and calculates the sensor offset so they will respond in a similar fashion in earths magnetic field. It does not however correct for non linear sensor properties (most of the sensors are pretty linear so this is not the biggest problem). The problem is that it is not possible to interface with the epe magnetometer.
    You could try the EPE datalogger if you need logging capability. The free VISIT visualization software could be used for displaying your results.
    The problem with both the epe and scl gradiometer is that they are using period counting so you have to stand still for one second to get a stable reading at one spesific location then move on to your next reading. So if you are looking for small artifact and not shipwrecks take your time and the result will give good resolution ie 4 samples per meter should give good results.
    The epe magnetometer is however superior in capabilities with gps and that it takes separate readings there is opportunities for post processing of the data ie ignore differences higher or lower than preset value.
    I am working on teaching myself microcontroller programming hoping to modify the epe magnetometer with calibration routine and reciprocal frequency counting of the sensor output to obtain high resolution area sampling at walking pace.
    PS when aligning the sensors think of removing all metall ie credit cards metal frame glasses belt buckles eyelets in your shoes (ok dont take them out just put on some slippers)
    Regards olsteffe

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by olsteffe View Post
    I believe you kind of misunderstand eachother. There is a significant difference between the epe magnetometer and the speake gradiometer. The speake gradiometer (Carl) is doing a proper calibration of the sensors storing max min values of both sensors and adjusting for sensor offsets. The epe gradiometer is just doing a nulling of the sensors in the present field without taking into account the difference sensitivity of the two sensors.
    A perfectly aligned gradiometer should give a close to zero reading in a homegenous field meaning no external disturbances (anamolies).
    Commercial Fluxgate magnetometers as used in archeology are capable of at least a .01 nT sensitivity.
    stephane is finding 10 nt variation useless for his purpose and I do not think You can argue him on that. Diurnal variation as You mention is of no regard in a gradiometer setup as this will be seen by both sensors simultasionly and nulled. This is the whole point of the gradiometer setup.

    Regards
    olsteffe
    Of course not! You are right. And i am not trying to. I am only saying that his posts looks to negative, saying EPE is useless. Reading such claims man can get wrong impressions.
    It is not like that. EPE is ok. Works very good. Very accurately locating medium and large underground anomalies. Already proved on the field.
    I already said about rusty iron piece 12cm x 6cm , i located with EPE on 85cm in soil! Neither one conventional detector could not locate it.
    Next is drain channel in front of my home, located clear at approx. 3 meters. Pretty clear "picture" of it. Also done numerous tests and checks on test field.
    It is workable and usable. It is accurate.


    "just doing a nulling of the sensors in the present field without taking into account the difference sensitivity of the two sensors."

    Yes this is true. And it is not drawback.

    Regards!

    Leave a comment:


  • damiafix
    replied
    Hi Olsteffe,
    Do you think that the auto calibration of the SCL007 is better then the Epe? I've build a Gradiometer from the Carl's project; can I use it with the EPE?
    I'm thinking to start a EPE Magnetometer, but now I've the problem of the correct aligment of the two FGM-3 (I've start a 3d about, in this room, no replyes for now)!

    All the best, Damiafix.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X