Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

felezjoo PI(the best pulse induction metal detector that I made until now)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • jladre
    replied
    Originally posted by Dabbo View Post
    Dear Jladre, thanks for your videos. II am building the felezjoo pi. If you can, I need information. which resistance and inductance needs to have the coil? which diameter it is better for discrimination? I can replace tantalum capacitors with electrolytic capacitors? thanks a lot Dabbo
    Hi! You dont need to replace the tantalum because machine work best with it. For best result of coil for this machine used a stranded type wire..but solid wire also works you must do it in spider web style and maintain wire spacing in every turn to reduce capacitance, because this machine is so allergic to capacitance. Resistance may 350-400 uH.. Note: use lf 357 to achieve discrimination.

    Leave a comment:


  • pigeon
    replied
    hi all

    Can someone give me the
    pcb

    thank you

    Leave a comment:


  • Dabbo
    replied
    Dear Jladre, thanks for your videos. II am building the felezjoo pi. If you can, I need information. which resistance and inductance needs to have the coil? which diameter it is better for discrimination? I can replace tantalum capacitors with electrolytic capacitors? thanks a lot Dabbo

    Leave a comment:


  • jladre
    replied
    Originally posted by lc516 View Post
    Who is using cable coil with this PI and successful ?

    I failed, Screen Tip: "Coil Error" . The cable coil, (Diameater of coil: 130 cm) (Tums
    : 10) (Inductance: 410 uH) (R: 1.3 ohm)
    [ATTACH]34618[/ATTACH]

    please help expert analysis solution, very grateful!

    I've been tried making simple mono coil for this machine but seems this machine is choosy about coil..i suggest you to used stranded wire..my experience with simple mono coil are: coil error will appear suddenly, cannot properly descriminate, poor detection deep and noisy in real field.

    Leave a comment:


  • dennisgold
    replied
    felezjoo 3.20

    there is the code
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • lc516
    replied
    Who is using cable coil with this PI and successful ?

    I failed, Screen Tip: "Coil Error" . The cable coil, (Diameater of coil: 130 cm) (Tums
    : 10) (Inductance: 410 uH) (R: 1.3 ohm)
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image_20151214104431.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	14.0 KB
ID:	344266

    please help expert analysis solution, very grateful!

    Leave a comment:


  • jladre
    replied
    With LF357 machine is now working with discrimination.

    Leave a comment:


  • jladre
    replied
    Is there anyone her have the complete file for the new version 3.20? Atmega32p is not enough room fir the new hex code.

    Leave a comment:


  • jladre
    replied
    Hello IBGold! Notify me the result of your field test.. Im still waiting for my LF357 to arrive next week and my spider wave coil 50" x64" is ready to used..i hope i see descrimination after this.

    Leave a comment:


  • IBGold
    replied
    Hi jladre,

    I have tried a whole range of coils the best response I have had is with a Minelab 11" mono but I have tried coils from 10 1/2" x 3 1/2" right up to 28" x 24" elliptical some it will work with some it will not but I am not sure why as they all work on other PI systems what interests me is the output from the Opp amp is not at all what I expected I am using a LF356 in lieu of the LF357 as they are not available here and I am using one of Eclipse's boards.

    And as far as the discrimination goes it does seem to work but more testing out in the field is needed to see how good it is the main problem here will be the ground mineralisation.

    Regards, Ian.

    Leave a comment:


  • lc516
    replied
    Originally posted by jladre View Post
    Yes Oiazhi PI's tends to work in mineralized ground but im supprised that this pi doesnt work or maybe im just using too big coil in that area..im using 56cm coil, but what make me think about is my vlf works in that soil but this pi failed..i will try using small coil for next test.
    Actuate small coil isn't strong suit of PI.

    Is that right?

    Leave a comment:


  • jladre
    replied
    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    Early on in this thread I tried to point out some of the drawbacks with this design, and it appears that these are now coming to light in a practical way.
    I also notice that no-one is raving about the ferrous discrimination capabilities claimed for this detector. In fact, they don't even seem to get more than a passing mention. However, I am somewhat surprised about the detector's failings in mineralized soil, since PIs tend to ignore the ground by their very nature< and especially since the main sample delay is quite long when compared to most PIs.
    Yes Oiazhi PI's tends to work in mineralized ground but im supprised that this pi doesnt work or maybe im just using too big coil in that area..im using 56cm coil, but what make me think about is my vlf works in that soil but this pi failed..i will try using small coil for next test.

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Early on in this thread I tried to point out some of the drawbacks with this design, and it appears that these are now coming to light in a practical way.
    I also notice that no-one is raving about the ferrous discrimination capabilities claimed for this detector. In fact, they don't even seem to get more than a passing mention. However, I am somewhat surprised about the detector's failings in mineralized soil, since PIs tend to ignore the ground by their very nature< and especially since the main sample delay is quite long when compared to most PIs.

    Leave a comment:


  • dragomir
    replied
    With a small antenna should not be a problem with zemyata.Az tried by 11 inches and antenna tuning done on a large rock and ore sensitivity of 12 is set to kamaka.Mislya that this appliance to work in mines lands will have little antena.Ne expect fantastic results from this ured.Niskata frequency will give him think better results in mineral lands of VLF.

    Leave a comment:


  • jladre
    replied
    Originally posted by IBGold View Post
    Try with Ground set on 1 or 2 and see what happens but after a few days of testing here I find the results are average at best and I have only tested on mildly hot ground up to this date but more time is needed playing with the different settings and it is very fussy about coils.

    Regards, Ian.
    Hi ian, what type of coil you are using?

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X