Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

felezjoo PI(the best pulse induction metal detector that I made until now)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • waltr
    replied
    Originally posted by useus View Post
    if I use two 9v batteries it works fine but they discharge in 30 minutes. if I use 3x6v 4ah in series (19.5V) lead batteries the 7812 becomes hot instantly and goes into protection. I do not understand why...
    Guess the 9V batteries are to small 'transistor' battery- These are for low current draw and will Voltage drop on higher current.
    Whereas, 4A-Hr lead acid batteries will hold their Voltage with quite a current draw.
    Therefore, The 9V batteries Drop Voltage = less Voltage drop on 7812 = less heat. but very short operation time.
    Then the lead acid batteries do not Voltage droop = higher V drop on 7812 + more current to circuit (TX) = more heat.

    Leave a comment:


  • useus
    replied
    to measure the circuit I would have to repack, I'll do it tomorrow. out of 7812 should be 100ma right?

    Leave a comment:


  • useus
    replied
    950ma measured by the battery... what can it be?

    Leave a comment:


  • useus
    replied
    no, only 7812 are very hot (with heatsink)

    now i try to measure ampere

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    Does the circuit work, anything else getting hot on PCB?

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    The l7812cv is [email protected], this should be adequate for circuit. Assuming you have it on heat sink, then circuit has problems.

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    Put meter in series with circuit and measure current draw. Then put meter before regulator and measure current draw. It could be the regulator itself.

    Leave a comment:


  • useus
    replied
    apparently I have no shorts on the circuit.

    probably if there was a short it would not work even with the two 9v batteries

    Leave a comment:


  • useus
    replied
    L7812CV... to220

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    If I remember correctly, the L7812(TO92) is only rated for 100mA. It will definitely go into thermal shutdown.

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    That's not good. Which 7812 are you using? I assume it is 7812ct(to220 package)?
    Or is it the to92 package?
    If it's the 7812ct, then something is sinking too much current in the circuit.

    Leave a comment:


  • useus
    replied
    if I use two 9v batteries it works fine but they discharge in 30 minutes. if I use 3x6v 4ah in series (19.5V) lead batteries the 7812 becomes hot instantly and goes into protection. I do not understand why...

    Leave a comment:


  • basellafe
    replied

    Leave a comment:


  • chuubaba
    replied
    So there are different types. What type i should buy now? How i recognize its the right type? And BTW which arduino you are using for this I am using arduino uno.
    Originally posted by basellafe View Post
    i think your problem is the tybe of atmega about this connection i write fuses a handreds time

    Leave a comment:


  • basellafe
    replied
    i think your problem is the tybe of atmega about this connection i write fuses a handreds time

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X