Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vallon VMH3CS Mine Detector

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Myntmaster
    replied
    Thanks.
    Everything is for sale on EBAY.
    The cable is very soft, but very strong. PVC insulation + neoprene high wear resistance.


    This one is better ..

    -------------

    I used these connectors on my Whites surfmaster and Garrett Infinium LS.
    Garrett Infinium LS installed these connectors instead of the original ones.
    Tested at a depth of 10 meters, there were no leaks.

    Leave a comment:


  • tifred
    replied
    Nice work MYNSTMASTER!
    can you give us the reference of the coaxial cable and the connector?

    Leave a comment:


  • Ferric Toes
    replied
    Originally posted by brinbrin View Post
    I've tighten the screws that hold the male plug on the upper shaft. The wobble has lessen, but the cracklings are still there. In fact they are not cracklings, but like a weak signal when the coil change direction when searching. Any one has a clue about it ? The coil seems OK, as the machine would give an error message if faulty.

    Also, I'm looking for a manual to disassemble the Vallon. If someone could provide a link...
    Try some contact cleaner/lubricant on the male pins and mating sockets. These detectors have mainly been used in very dusty environments and it penetrated everywhere. Another problem I found with some coils is that if you flex them, they give a weak signal. This seems to be due to the shielding material (Scotch 24) and the weave tightening and slacking off slightly as the coil is stressed. Not much can be done about it except get another coil.

    As for the wobble, I have seen some detectors where the rear of the knurled coupler has been worn down internally by the dust with repeated use. This prevents it being fully tightened.

    Eric.

    Leave a comment:


  • BC547
    replied
    After loosening the little screw, you have to remove the ring around the battery tube.
    It is described here by Eric:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	battery tube positioning.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	572.5 KB
ID:	356231
    Hope this helps. I managed to disassemble the armcuff using this guide.

    Leave a comment:


  • brinbrin
    replied
    I'll reread the entire thread, even if I'm not interested in mods, as the machine is good for me as it is. I knew of the strip down by Mr Foster, but I did not even succeed into dismounting the armcuff. There's a little screw... and then ? Nothings move. Is there anywhere a nomenclature of all the replaceable parts, as O-Rings ? Should I buy some sealant for waterproofing after disassembling ? I'd not like to mess up my machine. Well, I guess I'll try to figure it out and make my own manual. I'll post my results eventually. Thanks for your reply.

    Leave a comment:


  • BC547
    replied
    @brinbrin: here is a link to the "40 minute stripdown" in this excellent thread by Eric Foster:

    Take some time to read this entire thread - and have a close look at all the educational pictures that Eric posted. Especially the start of it including mods for the audio, battery, armcuff, ... etc..

    Leave a comment:


  • brinbrin
    replied
    I've tighten the screws that hold the male plug on the upper shaft. The wobble has lessen, but the cracklings are still there. In fact they are not cracklings, but like a weak signal when the coil change direction when searching. Any one has a clue about it ? The coil seems OK, as the machine would give an error message if faulty.

    Also, I'm looking for a manual to disassemble the Vallon. If someone could provide a link...

    Leave a comment:


  • Myntmaster
    replied
    Second larger homemade coil for the Vallon 27x21 cm.=

    10.6x8.26 inches.
    --------------
    Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1578414010664.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	356230

    Leave a comment:


  • Myntmaster
    replied
    Installing the LT-44 transformer in Garrett MS-2 headphones for direct connection to Vallon.
    Headphones are terrible junk. The only plus is a lot of empty space in them.
    ------
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0004.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	156.7 KB
ID:	356218
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0007.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	206.3 KB
ID:	356219
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0009.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	209.6 KB
ID:	356220
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0014.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	181.0 KB
ID:	356221
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0016.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	234.8 KB
ID:	356222
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0017.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	236.6 KB
ID:	356223
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0019.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	218.7 KB
ID:	356224
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0020.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	261.8 KB
ID:	356225
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0021.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	236.2 KB
ID:	356226
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0022.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	239.6 KB
ID:	356227

    Leave a comment:


  • brinbrin
    replied
    Hello,

    Lonf time since I did post here. Amazing finds with my Vallon. Love it. But it has now a wobble in the lower shaft. No matter how tight I screw it, the lower shaft will wobble. The worse is that this wobbling generates crackling, due to I guess, the movement between the male and female part of the 7 pins plug.

    I'm a bit worried. Did I lose an O-ring ? I guess not - Can't remember if there was one when I bought it. Is the screw worn out ? Has anyone here experienced the same problem ? Here is a close up of the two plugs.

    I hope I do not have to dismount the plugs to check for broken soldering...

    Best regards to all, and happy new year.

    MC

    Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20200105_13_18_42_Pro.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	417.4 KB
ID:	356186

    Leave a comment:


  • Myntmaster
    replied
    Thank you.
    There is still a lot of work.
    We need to finish two coils of 27x21 cm and 38 cm. I hope that they will also be good.
    It is necessary to catch the spring. The sea must give its treasures.

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    Very good videos, I appreciate. Your coil is performing very good.

    Leave a comment:


  • Myntmaster
    replied
    Air test of a homemade coil 20.4x13.5 cm. for gold jewelry and 5 rubles 1898.
    * Normal * mode, sensitivity 10.
    ---------

    Leave a comment:


  • Myntmaster
    replied
    Thanks.
    A couple of short videos, an air test of a homemade coil.
    For different coins. Mode * normal *, sensitivity 10 ...


    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Good work

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X