Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Bipolar Boost TX and Front End

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mdtoday
    replied
    Originally posted by KingJL View Post
    @Mdtoday, Could please post your part numbers and sources for the hardware items (pushbutton switch, power switch, connectors, etc) that you have designed the enclosure around? I imagine that I could find others to fit, but I would like to order the ones the enclosure was designed for. Great work!!!
    JL, here is the power switch data, this particular one is APEM manufactured.



    and the boot to suit is



    I will post a suitable push button soon but it looks like the one I designed into housing is no longer available, there are similar, I will have to check them out but IP67 rated.

    Leave a comment:


  • KingJL
    replied
    @Mdtoday, Could please post your part numbers and sources for the hardware items (pushbutton switch, power switch, connectors, etc) that you have designed the enclosure around? I imagine that I could find others to fit, but I would like to order the ones the enclosure was designed for. Great work!!!

    Leave a comment:


  • Mdtoday
    replied
    Finally at the stage of 3D printing the updated enclosure parts.

    Here is an exploded view of the parts to be printed

    Click image for larger version

Name:	KingJL_Exploded2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	355209 Click image for larger version

Name:	KingJL_1_Exploded1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	355210

    First part done, not yet cleaned up. For those interested, printed at 0.2mm layer height, 1.2mm shell and 70% infill. After tweaking future parts will be 0.16mm and 40% infill and 1.6mm shell.
    This printed part weighs 138 grams.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	KingJL_Right_side.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	355211

    Leave a comment:


  • Mdtoday
    replied
    More work on the front panel, this is the snap in OLED mounting bracket which fits into grooves on the front panel

    Click image for larger version

Name:	OLED COVER v4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	355166

    PMOD connector is fitted first then module snaps in to panel

    Click image for larger version

Name:	King_JL_Front_Panel_2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	355167

    Leave a comment:


  • Mdtoday
    replied
    Originally posted by KingJL View Post
    I have had a vision in my mind of the processing sequence, but have been struggling on a method of conveying that process to others. I have put together a fairly high level outline of the processing steps without getting mired into the details.
    This is a very good outline for the target processing JL, easy to understand, thanks for sharing and looking forward to the next stage.

    Leave a comment:


  • KingJL
    replied
    Target Processing outline

    I have had a vision in my mind of the processing sequence, but have been struggling on a method of conveying that process to others. I have put together a fairly high level outline of the processing steps without getting mired into the details.

    1 .Set timing parameters for TX/RX
    2. Disable TX, record S0 value (RX offset determination)
    3. Enable TX, increase damp delay until S0 goes negative, back up until S0 goes positive, save damp delay
    4. Signal coil up, record S1, S2, & S3 coil decay values
    5. Signal coil down, record S1, S2, & S3 ground signal value (coil down value ? coil up value)
    Normal operation loop with S1, S2, & S3
    6. When RX interrupt received, subtract RX_offset (step 2) from target RX value & feed it to target CIC
    Steps 7 thru 11 occur when target CIC interrupt is received
    7. Subtract step 4 value from target CIC value
    8. Subtract step 5 value from current result
    9. If NOT pinpoint mode, feed current result to slow CIC filter
    10. Subtract filtered output of slow CIC from current result
    11. Feed current result to FIR finishing filtered
    Steps 12 & 13 occur upon receiving a FIR filter interrupt
    12. If FIR output positive, target_valid = ((target_valid>>1)+1) ELSE target_valid = target_valid<<1
    13 . If target_valid == 7, sound target alarm & save FIR output value as target response
    14. Goto step 6



    The slow CIC filter and steps 9 & 10 in effect constitute a SAT and dynamic ground compensation filter. Steps 12 & 13 in conjunction with steps 9 - 11 constitute a modified exponentially weighted single cell Constant False Alarm Rate(CFAR)/Quantizer. The value of target valid can only be 0,1,3,or 7 with a value of 7 being a probable target. As I stated earlier, this is a 50,000 ft high level view of the processing. With all of the filtering, TX/RX timing , and user interface processes running concurrently within the FPGA and not in the embedded processor, the processor only has to service interrupts to implement the above scenario... basically a traffic cop gluing together all of the hardware (HDL) defined functions.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mdtoday
    replied
    Next task was to spray the electronics enclosures with Super Shield nickel based product. It's its great gear but very toxic stuff to spray so a respirator, eye protection and a spray booth with appropriate extraction filter is a must.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	Electronics_Enclosure_Zinc.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	111.5 KB
ID:	355161

    more later

    Leave a comment:


  • Mdtoday
    replied
    Originally posted by KingJL View Post
    Let's stay with shaft diameter as designed!!!
    Ok will do!

    Leave a comment:


  • KingJL
    replied
    Originally posted by KingJL View Post
    I have a question for the supplier of the Detech rod set that has an answer pending.
    Let's stay with shaft diameter as designed!!!

    Leave a comment:


  • KingJL
    replied
    Originally posted by Mdtoday View Post
    Ok, not a problem JL.
    I have a question for the supplier of the Detech rod set that has an answer pending.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mdtoday
    replied
    Originally posted by KingJL View Post
    Let me chew on that for a bit, while I consider all of the issues and trad-offs.
    Ok, not a problem JL.

    Leave a comment:


  • KingJL
    replied
    Originally posted by Mdtoday View Post
    If you would like me to do your enclosure and arm rest at 22.15 let me know and I'll change the design to suit your preferred shaft set, it is not a problem and was allowed for in the design.
    Let me chew on that for a bit, while I consider all of the issues and trad-offs.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mdtoday
    replied
    Originally posted by KingJL View Post
    Found that the Steve's Detector Rods upper shaft for the Equinox rod is 22.15 mm (by asking Steve).
    If you would like me to do your enclosure and arm rest at 22.15 let me know and I'll change the design to suit your preferred shaft set, it is not a problem and was allowed for in the design.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mdtoday
    replied
    Originally posted by KingJL View Post
    @Mdtoday, what is the outside diam of the shaft for the housing as designed. I cannot find any of the diameter specs for the shafts offered by different suppliers. They only designate the shafts by machine... e.g Equinox, Whites TDI, etc. I am looking at 2 suppliers: (1) that you supplied for Detech Chaser shaft, and (2) Steve's Detector Rods for the Equinox. I really like the system offered by Steve's Detector Rods (with the counter weight option). But as of yet, I have no indication of their outside diameters.
    JL, the shaft pocket was designed for 25mm shafts as per the Detech but it is an easy matter to change that to suit whatever size you would like up to a maximum of 30mm.

    Leave a comment:


  • KingJL
    replied
    Originally posted by KingJL View Post
    @Mdtoday, what is the outside diam of the shaft for the housing as designed. I cannot find any of the diameter specs for the shafts offered by different suppliers. They only designate the shafts by machine... e.g Equinox, Whites TDI, etc. I am looking at 2 suppliers: (1) that you supplied for Detech Chaser shaft, and (2) Steve's Detector Rods for the Equinox. I really like the system offered by Steve's Detector Rods (with the counter weight option). But as of yet, I have no indication of their outside diameters.
    Found that the Steve's Detector Rods upper shaft for the Equinox rod is 22.15 mm (by asking Steve).

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X