Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Delta Pulse

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • kt315
    replied
    Originally posted by Noemio View Post
    Hi,

    just a little problem: I've not been able to find a 100 µA meter. The one I found is about 150-180 µA.
    What should I do to use it to full scale?
    Could be a good idea to have a higer value for R37? Or a lower value for R40?

    Thank You in advance
    to add R37 value. for example I use 1kOhm with 100 uA meter. no need to change R40, it sets a current in time you push RESET. only on this moment.

    Leave a comment:


  • porkluvr
    replied
    unregistered xman: I will confess my ignorance. DP has enough circuitry that is unfamiliar to me so that I would want to scope it just to try and understand what it is doing. The circuit has, for the most part been tossed into the Geotech arena, with little or no explanation of what its parts do. Some of it is obvious, but some of it is not.
    If I built DP and it seemed to function OK I would still want to look at timing and flyback, also make sure the preamp is not saturating. I would want to look at everything. But, maybe I'm just funny.
    If you stick to the original parts and use a certified PCB, then it should work right the very first time, right? (Not with MY luck, it wouldn't. )

    I am not the best source of advice on DP because what I am doing is duplicating the 556 timer. That is the end of the similarity, so far, I'm still working out my own design. I'm not so much interested in relics, but there is gold in my town. I think it's lonely and needs attention. "I hear you, I'm coming". DP allows control over pulse frequency and pulse width completely independently, which is something that can be very useful and is not limited to a simple waveform.

    Maybe I should build DP to get a better understanding of the signal processor section, and see what else I could use. But I actually have very little use for a relic hunter at this time. Still, its a thought...

    Noemio, yes, lowering R37 is probably the best way to adapt a 150 or 180ua meter. Here is where someone else looked for help with the same problem (ain't no big deal):

    Leave a comment:


  • Noemio
    replied
    meter

    Hi,

    just a little problem: I've not been able to find a 100 µA meter. The one I found is about 150-180 µA.
    What should I do to use it to full scale?
    Could be a good idea to have a higer value for R37? Or a lower value for R40?

    Thank You in advance

    Leave a comment:


  • Unregistered xman
    Guest replied
    HI....

    Originally posted by porkluvr View Post
    Goldmont, the resistors are mostly 1/4 watt, 5% tolerance. There are a few exceptions that are illustrated in the schematic. The damping resistor should be at least 1W. It should also be able to handle 400V. You might have better luck finding a 2W resistor that will handle 400V. No harm in that, so long as you can make it fit the board. Use 2W, 400V metal film resistor for lowest noise. R5 is 1/2W. Resistors in the low level receive section should also be metal film (R5 for instance). Use matched components for R23 & R24, and R25 & R26. The precise value is not so important but both elements of each pair should be very close to each other in value. I've seen 1 part in 1000 (.1%) suggested, but that is a tall order. If you can get them within 1% that might be good enough.

    The optimum voltage rating for capacitors is the voltage that it will see, plus a safety margin (25% or more) so it won't fail. Since DP is a 12V system, 16V should be adequate for the capacitors. It won't hurt if you use higher voltage, but don't use lower voltage parts unless you know what you are doing.
    It looks to me from your question like you want to jump in without even reading through what has already been posted. Please try to wade through the previous posts so that you do not wear out the others with questions that have been answered before. This is not an easy beginner project. You read Geo say it was easy project...? Well, did you know that Geo has been building these things for many years. Easy for him, maybe not so easy for others. Do you have an oscilloscope to use for setup? It would be foolish to do the DP without one - just my opinion.
    i ahve a question...

    the oscilloscope is to set up the coil with the circuit... playing with the potentiometers?
    or for what is? sorry my question i guess for you this is a stupid question but, "if you dont ask you dont learn"

    Leave a comment:


  • Dido
    replied
    Hello! Thank you for your response. Until now I achieved good results with the following information:
    coil - 50 cm diametar. Windings - 24-25. Wire -0.8 mm. Big Resistor - 1.2 kilooma 1W. In the scheme of Delta Pulse can make changes. To improve the performance of sound, to be replaced with another 555 timer.

    Leave a comment:


  • porkluvr
    replied
    Goldmont, the resistors are mostly 1/4 watt, 5% tolerance. There are a few exceptions that are illustrated in the schematic. The damping resistor should be at least 1W. It should also be able to handle 400V. You might have better luck finding a 2W resistor that will handle 400V. No harm in that, so long as you can make it fit the board. Use 2W, 400V metal film resistor for lowest noise. R5 is 1/2W. Resistors in the low level receive section should also be metal film (R5 for instance). Use matched components for R23 & R24, and R25 & R26. The precise value is not so important but both elements of each pair should be very close to each other in value. I've seen 1 part in 1000 (.1%) suggested, but that is a tall order. If you can get them within 1% that might be good enough.

    The optimum voltage rating for capacitors is the voltage that it will see, plus a safety margin (25% or more) so it won't fail. Since DP is a 12V system, 16V should be adequate for the capacitors. It won't hurt if you use higher voltage, but don't use lower voltage parts unless you know what you are doing.
    It looks to me from your question like you want to jump in without even reading through what has already been posted. Please try to wade through the previous posts so that you do not wear out the others with questions that have been answered before. This is not an easy beginner project. You read Geo say it was easy project...? Well, did you know that Geo has been building these things for many years. Easy for him, maybe not so easy for others. Do you have an oscilloscope to use for setup? It would be foolish to do the DP without one - just my opinion.

    Leave a comment:


  • goldmont
    replied
    components?????????????

    Originally posted by Geo View Post
    I build it. Simple is a very good machine especially with large coil

    Hi

    I am new in this... but i want to build the delta pulse no other...i have the pcb files and diagrams.. and the component list too, but is not clear what kind of resistors and capacitor to use... i mean ,that does not say what watts can be the resitors and what voltage must be the capacitors... are there a way to know this.... how to learn to calculate? can you know that, just watching the diagram?

    i saw your post where you say this:

    NEED Component List DELTA PULSE.
    I DONT KNOW NUMBER:
    RESISTORS = ? WATT AND HOW %? 1/4watt........ 1...5%
    CAPACITORS :
    C7 220UF = ??V All capacitors at 16V minimum


    But... what is the optimum values fot the best perfomance??

    i will apreciate your help... i just want to learn...

    i have been looking for a good ipmetal detector plans and this like seen be the metal detector that i want to built, i can buy one but that is not fun...

    Thanks.... This forum is GREAT......tHANKS

    Leave a comment:


  • goldmont
    replied
    Hi

    I am new in this... but i want to build the delta pulse no other...i have the pcb files and diagrams.. and the component list too, but is not clear what kind of resistors and capacitor to use... i mean ,that does not say what watts can be the resitors and what voltage must be the capacitors... are there a way to know this.... how to learn to calculate? can you know that, just watching the diagram?

    i saw your post where you say this:

    NEED Component List DELTA PULSE.
    I DONT KNOW NUMBER:
    RESISTORS = ? WATT AND HOW %? 1/4watt........ 1...5%
    CAPACITORS :
    C7 220UF = ??V All capacitors at 16V minimum


    But... what is the optimum values fot the best perfomance??

    i will apreciate your help... i just want to learn...

    i have been looking for a good ipmetal detector plans and this like seen be the metal detector that i want to built, i can buy one but that is not fun...

    Thanks.... This forum is GREAT......tHANKS

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    It is pretty apstract to talk about coils for PI. From case to case, depends of other things, not only on coil.
    But..if you like to experiment, i can suggest you coil 42cm diammeter, 27 - 29 windings, wire 0.45 to 0.65mm . I made simillar coil once and gained extra good results with it. Paralle resistance on DP was 1K8 than, and coil resistance was 2.9 ohms ..if i remembered correctly..

    Leave a comment:


  • Dido
    replied
    Hello, Ivconic.
    I understand you have much experience with the DP. Can you answer me - for what at least your head get the best results in the search appliance. What size, number of coils, diameter tel. S what frequency is . Ohm coil and how much is rezistor.Ima great views of the coils and I can not understand what is the correct version. Best of me.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by kt315 View Post
    DP was been projected not for gold nuggets finding. it is first we must remember always. you can do all you want and dream about, but would it be only maybe waste of time? we have great goldscan4 schematic, why do you not take attention on goldscan? hammerhead is best platform too for the nuggets . otherway DP is conservative schematic, very specific, we do not know there is more fresh updates of DP or no. take Clone-PI, Tracker-PI, Koschej-5IM schematics etc. all these used DP's principe but based on u-chip/software.
    your right... but DP is only deeper search unit, not needed to accommodate it to another things.
    I absolutelly agree. 24 DP's already made and i collected certain experiences. But i was not thinking only to change pps and mod only oscillator stage. I was thinking also to mod other stages relating to signal processing. It is easier to try that on already made and workable device than to start all over again and make some othe project. GS is very interesting to me. But i cant make it on smt, dont have working conditions for that. HH is ok, i intend to make it again. Was tried in the past but wasnt satisfied with results. Main reason, i guess was cose i didnt used all new components, probably i used some bad component at the time. But that pcb is good and i am saving it in my collection.
    DP is worth of trying to be changed. Will see...

    Leave a comment:


  • kt315
    replied
    Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    that is a good idea,but could be better use new components? but if that is not a problem and i dont have another choice i will take this option.

    thanks
    yupy.... it's your HOLY RIGHT to use new components in very oldie schematic and oldest soviet lamp bulbs in absoliutely fresh Hi-Fi sound power amplifier schematic. you have any choice to do what you want. here and now.

    good luck.

    Leave a comment:


  • Unregistered
    Guest replied
    that is a good idea,but could be better use new components?

    Originally posted by kt315 View Post
    all that you can find out at old digit plates. modern civilization delivers the details you need bring in huge massive scale to your door. so there is NOT existing problem you ask us of.
    simply take oldie hard discs, floppies, CD-ROM's, CRT monitors and will see all you need.
    1N4148 is analog of soviet diodes KD521 and KD522. take any glass diodes you see at the trash I mentioned above. BTW, trash-technology is term of modern, you must to teach this one by hands yourself.

    that is a good idea,but could be better use new components? but if that is not a problem and i dont have another choice i will take this option.

    thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • kt315
    replied
    Originally posted by goldmont View Post
    Hi

    This forum is great.

    I want to work with the deloa pulse detector, i already have almost all the components.. but i cant found the D2 4538, D9- 4066 and the 1N148.. can you help me?
    The coil is conected directly to the pcb or do i need a conector?


    Thanks
    all that you can find out at old digit plates. modern civilization delivers the details you need bring in huge massive scale to your door. so there is NOT existing problem you ask us of.
    simply take oldie hard discs, floppies, CD-ROM's, CRT monitors and will see all you need.
    1N4148 is analog of soviet diodes KD521 and KD522. take any glass diodes you see at the trash I mentioned above. BTW, trash-technology is term of modern, you must to teach this one by hands yourself.

    Leave a comment:


  • kt315
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    KT315
    I agree what you said. But never mind the accu's. Not a problem to use some with much more capacity. I presume question is asked for other reason. Is it good to try to mod DP to be used with smaller coils and preferably to locate small coloured items like coins, rings and nugets? I have same ideas latelly.
    To adapt DP to be used as super sensitive nuget hunter and conshooter, why not? With coils let's say...20-25cm in diammeter. Kind a tired to make huge coils and use it only as very slow low frequency PI detector. Rising just a frequency on it is not solving problem completelly.
    DP was been projected not for gold nuggets finding. it is first we must remember always. you can do all you want and dream about, but would it be only maybe waste of time? we have great goldscan4 schematic, why do you not take attention on goldscan? hammerhead is best platform too for the nuggets . otherway DP is conservative schematic, very specific, we do not know there is more fresh updates of DP or no. take Clone-PI, Tracker-PI, Koschej-5IM schematics etc. all these used DP's principe but based on u-chip/software.
    your right... but DP is only deeper search unit, not needed to accommodate it to another things.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X