Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Delta Pulse

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by Geo View Post
    Hi. I tried it one's before time. I connected the shield at -E, +E, and gnd. At Delta Pulse was the same . I believe because there are capacitors between e, +e and gnd. Finally i connected it to +E.
    Wishes
    As far as an AC signal is concerned, the power supplies and ground are the same. Only when dc levels have to be taken into account will you need to choose the correct one. For a Faraday shield it doesn't really matter where you make the connection (+V, -V or GND). However, digital ground is usually kept separate from the analog ground to minimize interference, so it's probably not good to use this for the shield.

    Leave a comment:


  • Geo
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post

    Yes! To ground. In this case GND is +pole....althought there is digital ground on pcb....i am wandering about it? I never used f.cage,since my previous devices worked on low freq. and i made only large coils so far...
    It is good question! Where to connect shield??? On +pole or to digital ground?
    Any ideas?
    Geo?
    :confused:
    Hi. I tried it one's before time. I connected the shield at -E, +E, and gnd. At Delta Pulse was the same . I believe because there are capacitors between e, +e and gnd. Finally i connected it to +E.
    Wishes

    Leave a comment:


  • PulseStarIIUser
    replied
    Thanks Gentlemen,

    I need one more clarification. Do you suggest to connect aluminium faraday wire to positive pin (Pin #4)?

    Best wishes,

    Bob
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • PulseStarIIUser
    replied
    Thanks Ivconic and Chris2. I appreciate your help very much!

    Leave a comment:


  • Chris2
    replied
    Where to connect the shield....?

    Hi Ivconic, PulseStarIIUser

    “…Where to connect the shield….” It’s a very good question. I would not connect any shield in any design direct to "digital" ground. By the way the Delta Pulse does not have a digital ground. The Delta Pulse has a "virtual analogue ground" generated by IC D6A to operate the OPAMP’s.

    I looked at some other circuits like Whites PI 2000-3000 schematic or DBP2010. The Whites PI has the shield connected to "minus" pole of the battery. The DBP2010 has it connected to the "plus" pole. That’s the opposite!

    Here my conclusion:
    I would connect the shield at the nearest “power point” (electrical path) to the battery that is “seen by the coil”. This can be the “minus” or the “plus” pole of the battery, depending on your design.

    Take a look at the White PI 2000-3000 schematic. Here is one side of the coil connected direct to the “minus” pole. The designer connected the shield to the “minus” pole of the battery too.
    In the DBP2010 schematic is the coil direct connected to the “plus” pole of the battery and as you can see the shield (see big loop option; Elektor book, page 16 is connected to the “plus” pole as well.

    In the Delta Pulse schematic is the coil direct connected to the “plus” pole (E+) of the battery. My conclusion is that I would connect the shield to the “plus” pole, because the plus pole is the nearest power point, seen by the coil.

    So, Ivconic is right if he connects the shield to the plus pole in his Delta Pulse.


    Any comments / critics are well come….

    Chris

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Yes!


    Yes! To ground. In this case GND is +pole....althought there is digital ground on pcb....i am wandering about it? I never used f.cage,since my previous devices worked on low freq. and i made only large coils so far...
    It is good question! Where to connect shield??? On +pole or to digital ground?
    Any ideas?
    Geo?
    :confused:

    Leave a comment:


  • PulseStarIIUser
    replied
    One more question about making PSII Coil

    Thanks Ivconic for advice on building PSII universal coil,

    I found this wire quite cheap (US $0.50/foot). It is 12 conductor wire. Do you think it will be suitable?

    One more question: what to do with the aluminium shield wire? Is it to be connected to one of the terminal wires?

    Thank you again,

    Bob
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    R1=???

    :confused:

    "With PR1(200k)+R1(680k)..."

    I know this. On your picture R1 does not look as 680K.....not even close?
    Not even Kohms....but in ohms??? Or picture is not clear enough....blur?
    Anyway, regards!

    Leave a comment:


  • dan129
    replied
    too high frequency

    Originally posted by nelson View Post
    Hi Ivconic, Geo or anyone that can help.
    First of all, happy new year to everyone.
    I had re-checked mi delta pulse circuit, and all seems to be working, but still no sound.
    A measure fequency, it running from 400 to 650 hz.
    A measure EMF, it get strong signal when i raise noise potentiometer.
    When i disconect the power you can heard a fading and short sound.
    Some times when you apply power to the unit, you can heard a fast cliking tone that is going down for a couple of seconds, until stops cliking very slowly.
    For me it seems that the circuit is working, but it has something wrong with capacitors.
    For example, almost all mi electrolitics capacitors are for 16 volts, specially C27 (220uF, 16 volts) I took a look to the pictures of other DP circuits, and i compared the size with mine, wich looks phisicaly small than the others projects.
    Sorry, but i not very skilly on electronics.
    In advance many thanks
    Nelson

    verify these values of component. while turning PR1 you should vary between 90 and 150 Hz. Perhaps the problem does not come from there, but starts already with this checking. with such a raised frequency, the coil should whirr


    PR1 = 200 k or 220 k
    R1 = 680 k
    C1 = 15 nf
    R2 = 6,8 k

    NE556, i don't use LM556

    Leave a comment:


  • dan129
    replied
    fréquence modif.

    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    :confused:
    DAN129, what is value of this resistor you put on your DP?
    I can see quite different colors than expected!?
    regards!
    hi ivconic,

    I tested increased frequency of the DP by modifying R1 or PR1. With PR1(200k)+R1(680k) you can turn PR1 to have F = approximately 99 to 150 Hz roughly. If one decreases the value of R1, one increases the work frequency of the deltapulse. The problem it is that the coil of detection starts to whirr. I dont' remenber the value i soldered, i'am at office. bye

    Leave a comment:


  • nelson
    replied
    Delta Pulse capacitors

    Hi Ivconic, Geo or anyone that can help.
    First of all, happy new year to everyone.
    I had re-checked mi delta pulse circuit, and all seems to be working, but still no sound.
    A measure fequency, it running from 400 to 650 hz.
    A measure EMF, it get strong signal when i raise noise potentiometer.
    When i disconect the power you can heard a fading and short sound.
    Some times when you apply power to the unit, you can heard a fast cliking tone that is going down for a couple of seconds, until stops cliking very slowly.
    For me it seems that the circuit is working, but it has something wrong with capacitors.
    For example, almost all mi electrolitics capacitors are for 16 volts, specially C27 (220uF, 16 volts) I took a look to the pictures of other DP circuits, and i compared the size with mine, wich looks phisicaly small than the others projects.
    Sorry, but i not very skilly on electronics.
    In advance many thanks
    Nelson


    Originally posted by kt315 View Post
    I have only a list, wrote by Jean-Charles. do you mean this list?

    Composant Valeur
    C1 15nF
    C2 1nF
    C3 10nF
    C4 1,5nF
    C5 1,5nF
    C6 1,5nF
    C7 220µF
    C8 10µF
    C9 100nF
    C10 100nF
    C11 100nF
    C12 100µF
    C13 15pF
    C14 100nF
    C15 100nF
    C16 100nF
    C17 47pF
    C18 100nF
    C19 100nF
    C20 100nF
    C21 10µF
    C22 100nF
    C23 100nF
    C24 100nF
    C25 220nF
    C26 47nF
    C27 220µF
    C28 100nF
    C29 100µF

    CI1 LM556
    CI2 CD4538
    CI3 CD4538
    CI4 LF357
    CI5 TL062
    CI6 TL062
    CI7 TL062
    CI8 NE555
    CI9 CD4066
    CI10 CD4066

    P1_1 47k
    P2 470k
    P3 22k
    P4 22k
    P5 10k

    PR1 220k

    R1 680k
    R2 6k8
    R3 47k
    R4 5k6
    R5 2k2
    R6 680
    R7 15k
    R8 27k
    R9 68k
    R10 100k
    R11 100k
    R12 10k
    R13 10k
    R14 1k
    R15 820
    R16 12k
    R17 120k
    R18 120k
    R19 4k7
    R20 2k2
    R21 47k
    R22 47k
    R23 4k7
    R24 4k7
    R25 4k7
    R26 4k7
    R27 4k7
    R28 56k
    R29 1M
    R30 1M
    R31 5k6
    R32 330
    R33 4k7
    R34 22k
    R35 5k6
    R36 56k
    R37 560
    R38 10k
    R39 1k
    R40 12k
    R41 6k8
    R42 22k
    R43 6k8
    R44 330
    R45 39
    R46 2,2
    R47 2k2
    R48 8k2

    T1 IRF840
    T2 BC546
    T3 BC557
    T4 BC546
    T5 BC546
    T6 BC546
    T7 BC546
    T8 BC546
    T9 BC557
    T10 BC557

    VD1 1N4148
    VD2 1N4148
    VD3 1N4148
    VD4 1N4148
    VD5 1N4148
    VD6 1N4148
    VD7 1N4148
    VD8 1N4148
    VD9 1N4148
    VD10 1N4148
    VD11 1N4148
    VD12 1N4148
    VD13 1N4148
    VD14 Zener 8V2
    VD15 Zener 9V1

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    ??? res

    :confused:
    DAN129, what is value of this resistor you put on your DP?
    I can see quite different colors than expected!?
    regards!
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • amtech2005
    replied
    Delta Pulse

    Dan129 , Nice Work !!! The Delta Pulse and also photos on dbp-2010 , A good way to start 2007 , Have a Happy New Year Too !!! Eugene

    Leave a comment:


  • dan129
    replied
    Originally posted by Geo View Post
    With 20...25 cm coil you must detect a 2Euro coin at 30 cm and a soda can (330ml) at 70..75 cm with good stability. But DP is an excellent low frequency metal detector for large objects. For small coins there are other PI detectors better than DP.
    BTW you made very good pcb's
    thanks géo,

    not far from my home I have several stores of components, I have the choice. I make manufacture the pcb on the Web for a few euros (about 13 euros). I do not do sufficient circuit to buy materiel. it is more economic to make them realize by somebody else. I do not have to test my deltapulse yet on the ground. I have make the tests of detection at home, and there is many metal a little everywhere. Perhaps that I will have better result outside...

    Leave a comment:


  • Geo
    replied
    With 20...25 cm coil you must detect a 2Euro coin at 30 cm and a soda can (330ml) at 70..75 cm with good stability. But DP is an excellent low frequency metal detector for large objects. For small coins there are other PI detectors better than DP.
    BTW you made very good pcb's

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X