Originally posted by jmoller99
View Post
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Surf Pi Professional Pcb's back in stock - NEW Prices
Collapse
X
-
Most mono or dual field PI coils will work, but some adaptation with changing dumping resistor will be needed.
-
Silverdog
The boards arrived today, they are beautiful.
I have a question. (TP1 and TP2) is key? Coil has a metallic shield? Or circuit can be mounted in a metal box? Or you can use a 3.7V battery (4x3.7=14.8v).
Many thanks
misko
Leave a comment:
-
Nice solution SVEN1.Originally posted by SVEN1 View PostHave yet to start my PI.
Here's box option if you don't plan on using a tube.
Just came across these new waterproof boxes at Wally World for about $8.00.
Plano Liqua-Bait Wallet #4648
7.375″L x 4.5″W x 1.75″H
Good luck with your homework. Let us to have a look at finished device. Probably you need some foam inside instead of screw fixing?
Leave a comment:
-
Have yet to start my PI.
Here's box option if you don't plan on using a tube.
Just came across these new waterproof boxes at Wally World for about $8.00.
Plano Liqua-Bait Wallet #4648
7.375″L x 4.5″W x 1.75″H
Leave a comment:
-
Hey Silverdog, I'm interested in trying to build one. Hope you still have some board's left. I will try to Pm you tomorrow as this is my first post. Thanks, Tom
Leave a comment:
-
Ah Ha, it was not there when I posted, I swear... It is there now, thanks you are a genius. Much appreciated. Happy New Year!
Leave a comment:
-
BillBert click on the name of the person you want to PM and a list of options will appear.
Dennis
Leave a comment:
-
OKAY, how do I PM... I am new on this board and I can seem to find how to PM someone. I am interested in these boards/kits.
Leave a comment:
-
I will be PMing you, but apparently I needed to make one post first to do so, so here it is. Thanks
Leave a comment:
-
Surf PI up and running.
That was easy.. Thanks Andy!
Just getting ready for final assembly. I still need to come up with a method of waterproofing a set of headphones.
Cheapest rods I can find anywhere - 3 piece conversion rod for White's Classics,
PN 802-5236 - $39.95. I'm lucky enough to have the White's of mid-atlantic distributor
at the end of the street.
Pipe is Schedule 40 1-1/2 PVC. Everything fits perfectly.
Coils shell and resin left over from TGSL projects.
Also, from a prior post from Greybeard he mentioned that USB-2 cables work well. He's right! I separated the shield grounding from the coil leads and noticed an immediate improvement in noise! It's noticeable and a lot of "fuzz" on the signal coming off of the first op-amp disappeared. Just use red + black and white + green and a separate ground
running from the shield to ground on the PCB. I can still get the delay down to about 10us before the detector becomes unresponsive. Anyway, I would be interested in someone confirming what I observed. About 30cm for a 1E.
DonAttached Files
Leave a comment:
-
I ordered mine and received it in about a week. Everything looks great, many thanks Andy.
Leave a comment:
-
Hi silverdog
Thanks you for your fast delivery.
When i get the mail, i will let you know.
Take care and many thanks my friend.
Marry Christmas and happy new year
Nelson
Originally posted by silverdog View PostNelson
Your kit was posted yesterday (I did email you)
thanks for your support
Happy Christmas
Silverdog
Leave a comment:
-
Nelson
Your kit was posted yesterday (I did email you)
thanks for your support
Happy Christmas
Silverdog
Leave a comment:
-
Full surfmaster kit, was pay
Hi Silverdog, yesterday i pay you by paypal U$49, for a complete surfmaster kit
If you need any extra information, just drop me a note to [email protected]
Marry Chrismas
Regards
Nelson

Happy Christmas
Silverdog[/quote]
Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: