Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pinpointer with discrimination "Cat-FM" on ATMega328P

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • MartyJ1963
    replied
    @Bruce. Thanks for the help. I have an Arduino Uno board. Could you put me the steps I have to do to use the Uno, USBasp and Extreme burner please? I've programmed chips for the Felezjoo, Pickini and other projects in the past but I don't know if it's my programmer board that's playing up or if the chips are bricked etc? I made a new programmer board layout last night in sprint but haven't printed or etched it yet so I could try your method first. Thanks, Marty.

    Leave a comment:


  • useus
    replied
    Originally posted by void118 View Post
    What are you talking about friend?, It's very loud, try to use another one, I'm using 12x9 mm passive buzzer
    you have a pm

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Originally posted by MartyJ1963 View Post
    @Void118, I am building another pcb to program the V1.2 Hex with because my other programmer board seems to no longer work. I will post results when I have completed this. Thanks again for the help. Regards, Marty.

    Hi Marty, I know very little about these avr's, but I have successfully programmed some 328's with hex codes useing a UNO board and a usbasp dongle thing and Extreme burner program.
    Just replace the 328 in the uno board plug in the usbasp connect to ICSP and burn.

    Also found this
    "After the FLASH is programmed, and both Lock bits are set, it is possible to erase the entire FLASH, EEPROM, and the Lock bits, and then reprogram the FLASH and EEPROM. The read security of the FLASH and EEPROM then relies on a complete erase of the FLASH and EEPROM before the Lock bits are erased. To guarantee that this is always the case, the erase procedure follows a certain sequence that ensures that the FLASH and EEPROM will always be erased before the Lock bits are erased.
    So, when you perform a chip erase on your AVR, all the Lock Bits will become unprogrammed (reset), and you will be able to re-program your AVR for a firmware update. After the firmware upgrade is done, you can secure your firmware against external inspection by programming the Lock Bits again."

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Void118, what value should the LOCK BIT be programmed to ? is it 00.

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Originally posted by void118 View Post
    Friends,

    I've made new video but I have no Idea when youtube will add subtitles to It.
    https://youtu.be/phZfdfi7Wio

    The subtitles are now working by changing settings

    Leave a comment:


  • MartyJ1963
    replied
    @Void118, I am building another pcb to program the V1.2 Hex with because my other programmer board seems to no longer work. I will post results when I have completed this. Thanks again for the help. Regards, Marty.

    Leave a comment:


  • void118
    replied
    However, 655 views of my topic and there Is no stars on It, may be nobody needs It?

    Leave a comment:


  • MartyJ1963
    replied
    Thank you @Void118 and Zakari, Regards, Marty.

    Leave a comment:


  • zakari
    replied
    Hi marty
    For reprograming use external xtal between 8_16mhz
    Best regard
    Zakari

    Leave a comment:


  • void118
    replied
    Originally posted by useus View Post
    a solution to slightly increase the volume of the buzzer?
    What are you talking about friend?, It's very loud, try to use another one, I'm using 12x9 mm passive buzzer

    Leave a comment:


  • useus
    replied
    a solution to slightly increase the volume of the buzzer?

    Leave a comment:


  • void118
    replied
    Originally posted by MartyJ1963 View Post
    @Void118. Great work on the latest video! and many thanks for all the necessary information you included. It was very kind of you to offer this interesting project. The subtitles have not been added to your youtube video yet so I will download it again later. Thanks again, Marty.
    The problem Is that English not my native language, but I'll ask my brother (hi lives In England) to translate my video or make subtitles for It, but I'm not sure because he's a lawyer

    Leave a comment:


  • void118
    replied
    Originally posted by MartyJ1963 View Post
    Thank you Void118 and Useus. Does anyone know where I can find a diagram to make a new Atmega328P target pcb please? I programmed my first Atmega328P with the V1. Hex and it programmed OK. But when I came to use my target pcb to re-program it for the new External button Hex it couldn't recognise the Target IC. I may have to build another target pcb for my USBasp or is there another method I can use to program the chip? Thanks again guys, regards, Marty.
    Hi Marty, tell me please did you program "lock bits" or not?, I dont't recomend to touch In, second Idea, may be you set "Reset Disable" bit?, It can lock MCU from programming via SPI too. Anyway, first - check connections, second - try to erase chip, and use "eXtreme Burner" utility to make the process easier.
    Or may be you confused low and high bytes?

    See In attachment fuse bits for AVRDude, and download nice utility I sad before.

    "eXtreme Burner"
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZYfU81vVVEhajylHBZ_r0KQclQl-xTvK/view?usp=sharing


    fuse bits for AVRDude:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/17WFF9bvedS9Mx81n2RCXChocCOlb6bSm/view?usp=sharing

    Leave a comment:


  • MartyJ1963
    replied
    @Void118. Great work on the latest video! and many thanks for all the necessary information you included. It was very kind of you to offer this interesting project. The subtitles have not been added to your youtube video yet so I will download it again later. Thanks again, Marty.

    Leave a comment:


  • MartyJ1963
    replied
    Thank you Void118 and Useus. Does anyone know where I can find a diagram to make a new Atmega328P target pcb please? I programmed my first Atmega328P with the V1. Hex and it programmed OK. But when I came to use my target pcb to re-program it for the new External button Hex it couldn't recognise the Target IC. I may have to build another target pcb for my USBasp or is there another method I can use to program the chip? Thanks again guys, regards, Marty.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X