Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pinpointer with discrimination "Cat-FM" on ATMega328P

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • void118
    replied
    Originally posted by useus View Post
    do you take away a curiosity? the buzzer at what voltage do you feed it? yours should work at 5v, mine that I have at home are at 12v, now I would not want you to feed your buzzer at a higher voltage because if so it is right that it sounds very loud, while mine which is at 12v sounds normal
    p.s. i use passive piezo buzzers
    Piezo buzzer can work with 12V PWM without problem and resistor connected In parallel to buzzer Is because the buzzer you can think as capacitor.

    Leave a comment:


  • useus
    replied
    Originally posted by void118 View Post
    Hi friends, It's very strange for me, I'm using this one buzzer https://aliexpress.ru/item/32817425949.html
    and It Is very loud.
    do you take away a curiosity? the buzzer at what voltage do you feed it? yours should work at 5v, mine that I have at home are at 12v, now I would not want you to feed your buzzer at a higher voltage because if so it is right that it sounds very loud, while mine which is at 12v sounds normal
    p.s. i use passive piezo buzzers

    Leave a comment:


  • void118
    replied
    Sound

    I think I understand, I think you are trying to use simple speaker Instead PIEZO buzzer!? the speaker will work realy quietly, just replace It to Passive PIEZO buzzer and you will be pleasantly suprised.

    Leave a comment:


  • void118
    replied
    Hi friends, It's very strange for me, I'm using this one buzzer https://aliexpress.ru/item/32817425949.html
    and It Is very loud.

    Leave a comment:


  • void118
    replied
    Originally posted by 6666 View Post
    Void118, what value should the LOCK BIT be programmed to ? is it 00.
    Hi, don't touch It please)

    Leave a comment:


  • MartyJ1963
    replied
    Thanks Useus. It's a shame it can't be redesigned with a different audio section,,,I think it's quite good at detection and I have been looking for a decent Pinpointer project for more than a year. Regards, Marty.

    Leave a comment:


  • useus
    replied
    Originally posted by MartyJ1963 View Post
    Could we lower the 2 x 1k resistors in the audio section? Would that raise the volume? Thanks, Marty.
    the 1k resistor going to atmega328 cannot be replaced.
    the resistance in parallel with the buzzer I have already tried to replace it with a lower value to theoretically lower the ohm of the buzzer (tried 470-100-47-10) but the result does not change.
    I think it is due to the internal resistance of the buzzer, I give an example, my buzzer is 47 ohm,
    void118's is probably lower than mine and yours, so it sounds louder

    Leave a comment:


  • MartyJ1963
    replied
    Could we lower the 2 x 1k resistors in the audio section? Would that raise the volume? Thanks, Marty.

    Leave a comment:


  • MartyJ1963
    replied
    Thanks for the reply Useus. I hope we can find something suitable. Regards, Marty.

    Leave a comment:


  • useus
    replied
    Originally posted by MartyJ1963 View Post
    Can I use an 8 Ohm speaker with this? The piezo is very low volume and I can hardly hear it. Thanks, Marty.
    I am not the only one who has this problem then, unfortunately I believe that void118 is not available to modify the code to be able to use a transistor npn drive, both the pcb and the source should be revised.
    the operating mode of the buzzer on the cat-fm is different and particular compared to the other metal detector schemes

    to be sure of correct operation, you should use the exact same buzzer that the creator uses

    Leave a comment:


  • MartyJ1963
    replied
    Can I use an 8 Ohm speaker with this? The piezo is very low volume and I can hardly hear it. Thanks, Marty.

    Leave a comment:


  • void118
    replied
    Hi friends,

    yesterday I speak with my brother and he told me that he will help to translate my video to English, he was born In England and I think you will get nice manual to my project.

    Leave a comment:


  • MartyJ1963
    replied
    Hi all, I ended up building a 'High Voltage Rescue Shield' that connects to the Arduino Uno. Glad I did because it rescued 4 x ATmega328P-PU's for me so I didn't have to buy anymore. They all programmed successfully after that. If anyone wants a copy of the Sprint layout I re-drew for it I'll post it here. I built my coil for the CAT FM V1.2 last night so I'll be assembling it all later now I have working ATmega's. Thanks again for the project Void118. Regards, Marty.

    Leave a comment:


  • MartyJ1963
    replied
    That's fine Bruce. Thanks for the help, much appreciated. Regards, Marty.

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Originally posted by MartyJ1963 View Post
    @Bruce. Thanks for the help. I have an Arduino Uno board. Could you put me the steps I have to do to use the Uno, USBasp and Extreme burner please? I've programmed chips for the Felezjoo, Pickini and other projects in the past but I don't know if it's my programmer board that's playing up or if the chips are bricked etc? I made a new programmer board layout last night in sprint but haven't printed or etched it yet so I could try your method first. Thanks, Marty.

    Hi Marty I will reply via email if thats ok.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X