Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Serbian "Most Wanted"

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Freddy67
    replied
    DD is normally VLF. Pi has only one winding.

    Leave a comment:


  • jap
    replied
    H i TheBreMar
    What the name of metal detector ?
    -if coil DD type. a percentage large of a VLF!!!!
    best time
    j.

    Leave a comment:


  • TheBreMar
    replied
    Maybe i'm wrong but is it possible that I have a PI metal detector coil instead of VLF? As I said before, resistance of both coils are almost the same, around 6 ohms... Coil is DD type.

    Leave a comment:


  • TheBreMar
    replied
    Is there any type of metal detector that uses coils which have the same resistance and inductance (Rx and Tx)? And their resistance goes from 5 to 8 ohms?

    Leave a comment:


  • jap
    replied
    Hi Freddy67
    Be sure to wire diameters exactly - smaller diameter increased resistance and vice versa.
    best time
    j.

    Leave a comment:


  • Freddy67
    replied
    Hi Jap

    Thank you for this answer .
    I will remove the thread on TX for me approaching 2.1 ohms.

    Best time

    Leave a comment:


  • jap
    replied
    Hi Freddy67
    - coil is 0.9mH;2,1ohms/14,72mH;30,6ohms.
    -RH coil is 0.9mH;3,9ohms/15,83mH;40,6ohms.
    your 7.5 ohms for TX very rong --- 31.3 ohms for RX,true
    best time
    j.

    Leave a comment:


  • Freddy67
    replied
    I think you have the same problem as me. There may be a way to change the values ​​by putting resistors in series and changing the value of the capacitors. I'm a beginner too.

    Greetings

    Leave a comment:


  • TheBreMar
    replied
    Thank you Freddy67 for quick reply This coil I have is not made by me or anybody I can contact with, this coil is also sealed in plastic so I can't make any changes. I'll try to make coil for "ceaser" electronic, maybe is not the best option but I'm only a beginner Cheers!

    Leave a comment:


  • Freddy67
    replied
    For Jap

    In post 254, the resistances are 7.5 and 30.6 ohms. As I'm over these values ​​should I remove turns of wire unless I can catch up by changing the values ​​of the capacitors but I do not know how to calculate these values, and I do not have L meter

    Leave a comment:


  • Freddy67
    replied
    Hi TheBreMar

    In post 254 we see that the resistance are 2.1 and 30.6 ohms. So there must be a problem with the number of turns somewhere.

    Leave a comment:


  • TheBreMar
    replied
    Hi everyone! Is it normal that my so called universal 2D VLF coil has on Rx side resistance of just 7 ohms??? Resistance of Tx side is 5 ohms and I think that that is ok but what about Rx? Also, when it's powered up there is no voltage at Rx coil. My coil have a 5-pin connector and I have tested all possible combinations between pins and beside 7 and 5 ohms all I get is infinity resistance... Is my coil broken???

    Leave a comment:


  • jap
    replied
    Hi Freddy67
    Fine tuning
    Data DD coil 28cm is:
    TX - 75 coils, wire of 0.45 mm-----you 60 TU xxxx
    RX - 160 coils, wire of 0.27 mm
    - use a L-meter . and Use one of the methods to set the two coils over some for where coils Position(Adjust the balance).
    best time
    j.

    Leave a comment:


  • Freddy67
    replied
    Resistance 7.5 ohms for TX and 31.3 ohms for RX.
    Is this about right and what are the caps for these values (I'm not very good for this kind of calculations ).
    I do not have a device to check the inductances.

    Leave a comment:


  • Freddy67
    replied
    Hi Jap

    Thank you for the answer.
    I made 2 D 255 x 137 m / m, 160 turns of 0.25 and 60 of 0.45. So everything would be okay at this level. I'll check resistances and impedances this afternoon.

    Greetings

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X