Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whites Surf PI schematic

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • homefire
    replied
    Yep, Amplifying tons of Noise on the wire.

    Leave a comment:


  • kt315
    replied
    you have to use shielded cable for the pot anotherway you get strong unstability.

    good luck

    Leave a comment:


  • homefire
    replied
    ??? Don't know. Save the cost of a Pot? LOL It's not like a VLF needing to Tune Down to handle Ground conditions I guess. The Surfs not the deepest of PI so no need to turn down to stop digging 2ft holes for fishing weights ? I have a untouched Silver Dog kit sitting here Idle. I'll put the Pot on just because I can.

    Leave a comment:


  • chemelec
    replied
    Originally posted by homefire View Post
    Easy Enough to do. Replace the Feedback Resistor 1M on NE5534 to a Pot.

    Not tried the Motion no Motion mod. It didn't keep the Threshold Tone going any longer ?
    Yes I Know it is Easy to add that Gain Control, but why don't they add it in their kits.
    Is it useful or not?

    Leave a comment:


  • homefire
    replied
    Easy Enough to do. Replace the Feedback Resistor 1M on NE5534 to a Pot.

    Not tried the Motion no Motion mod. It didn't keep the Threshold Tone going any longer ?

    Leave a comment:


  • chemelec
    replied
    Originally posted by homefire View Post
    Yes it's a motion detector. I think there was a mod to fix that.
    Why do most of the Kits available for this, Don't have the GAIN CONTROL.
    Is it Not useful?



    ALSO, I HAVE TRIED THIS, BUT IT DOESN'T SEEM TO MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE

    Leave a comment:


  • cagatelorito
    replied
    Thanks again!!!

    Leave a comment:


  • homefire
    replied
    Yes it's a motion detector. I think there was a mod to fix that.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • cagatelorito
    replied
    Please another question, I got to start the surfmaster and it detects a coin of euro next 25-28 cm, and ring of gold 12-14 cm, I think its good but if I keep de coin when it is beep and don´t move it after 2 or 3 seconds stop beeping and is necessary to move again, that is normal?...

    Leave a comment:


  • cagatelorito
    replied
    Thanks!!!

    Originally posted by homefire View Post
    This should help.

    Leave a comment:


  • homefire
    replied
    This should help.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • cagatelorito
    replied
    Please, I need a little help,
    how do I adjust R10 without osciloscope? What is the value?
    Thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • württemberger
    replied
    This was my build...


    Click image for larger version

Name:	CZ_Surf_v1.03_Sch_1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	405.6 KB
ID:	347109

    Leave a comment:


  • cagatelorito
    replied
    Good morning and cordial greetings,
    I´m new in this foro and I have a little question, there are many schematics, pcb´s, modifications and discussions about Surf Pi but is very dificult to find which is good, best or ultimate...can someone tell me the most advisable option?
    Thanks !!!

    Leave a comment:


  • eclipse
    replied
    Originally posted by DOOLEY View Post
    hello Ashkelon,

    NO.........
    values of C4 / R12 are just fine,

    experimented with changing the values in the past,
    and,
    although not TO critical, 10k and 100nf seen to work the best.
    Some schematics use 10uF/20uF (ESR < 0.05R) cap and 100K resistor.
    You can try these values if you feel like experimenting, although guys will say electrolytic cap is source if noise

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X