Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whites Surf PI schematic

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • daverave
    replied
    whatever you should still be able to get zero threshold...must be circuit fault or wrong component value

    Leave a comment:


  • multieagle
    replied
    I might add I'm using a shielded 300uH coil (measured at coil before coax connected). Coil is copper tape shielded with ground connected to the shield. The coax is shielded with multi-strand central conductor. The board ground wire is connected to the coax shield. The coil was designed for a different metal detector. I might add, nothing is overheating on the Surf PI board.

    Any ideas?

    Leave a comment:


  • daverave
    replied
    you should be able to adjust threshold to silence...i can adjust both my 2 surf pi's to silence...i used linear pots

    Leave a comment:


  • multieagle
    replied
    Okay, my board is working and detecting. I have been watching videos on Youtube to get an idea what to expect. One thing I noticed is the Threshold/Tune variance. On my build, which has a guitar pot A254 (250K), I cannot reduce the threshold to silence. It has a constant background tone. The Youtube examples range from where mine is down to silence, with maybe a tick or two.

    Not being an electrical genius, looked up the various types of pots and found the 254 variety comes in A & B. A254 is apparently logarithmic and B254 linear. If I change the pot to the linear variety would that make a difference in my threshold range? Or is my problem elsewhere? Or, is it normal for a Surf PI 1.2 to have this variance, depending upon build factors?

    Leave a comment:


  • bisba
    replied
    Originally posted by bernte_one View Post
    all you need attached
    print 1:1
    [ATTACH]27855[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH]27854[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH]27856[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH]27857[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH]27858[/ATTACH]
    thanks a lot friend...

    Leave a comment:


  • bernte_one
    replied
    all you need attached
    print 1:1
    surfmaster2.pdf
    surfmaster1.pdf
    surfmaster3.pdf
    surfmaster4.pdf
    surfmaster5.pdf

    Leave a comment:


  • bisba
    replied
    Originally posted by maxm3s View Post
    do not despair there at the end of the tunnel start your work with that
    http://md4u.ru/forum/download/file.php?id=10588
    thank you my friend...

    can you upload the pcb at jpeg format with correct dimensions please???
    this pcb working 100%

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Search for 7zip unzipper program

    Leave a comment:


  • multieagle
    replied
    maxm3s, if your reply is in answer to mine (case shielding), I cannot open that type zip file.

    Leave a comment:


  • maxm3s
    replied
    do not despair there at the end of the tunnel start your work with that

    Leave a comment:


  • multieagle
    replied
    Question: This may be covered elsewhere, if so please advise. I did a search and came up with coil shielding info. I want to enclose my surf pi 1.2 in a 2" ABS pipe. Have it pretty much planned out, and looks good. However, as it is plastic, should I worry about case shielding to reduce possible EMI? If so, would a graphite paint around the outside work? From searching, this is probably not a significant problem.

    Secondary question: Must the PCB be grounded to the external shield?

    TIA

    Leave a comment:


  • bisba
    replied
    Originally posted by bisba View Post
    i read the most of this thread but im comfuse with all post...

    please the single side pcb and parts list

    please help to find the edge
    someone please

    Leave a comment:


  • bisba
    replied
    i read the most of this thread but im comfuse with all post...

    please the single side pcb and parts list

    please help to find the edge

    Leave a comment:


  • sinclairuser
    replied
    its all in this very thread!, search the thread, better still READ THE THREAD.
    i'm not trying to be rude, and i understand its a long thread but sheesh.

    Leave a comment:


  • bisba
    replied
    Originally posted by DIRCEU View Post
    Hi! CORDIUS

    Many thanks.

    I made SURFMASTER apberg's version and I used IRF9640.

    Best Regards

    DIRCEU ZANELLA
    hi there...

    my first post and i want to ask if someone can post the correct schematic and pcb for thiw project...i hear good results!
    i made the lucas pi with good results and i want to make surfm...
    please be sure for schematic and pcb please or some mods...
    thank you for your time guys

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X