Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RELIC HAWK

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by robopatt View Post
    Hahaha
    I have try what I can.Same result.
    Then decided to try posted in last schematic audio.
    Gues what?The speaker fired itself!Wow.
    So now I will restore like it was and will search again

    ?Eh!?
    Note in last schematic that i changed pullup resistor from 22K to 4K7? Did you saw that? Also speaker is not 8 ohms any more but 16ohms....you saw that?

    Leave a comment:


  • robopatt
    replied
    Hahaha
    I have try what I can.Same result.
    Then decided to try posted in last schematic audio.
    Gues what?The speaker fired itself!Wow.
    So now I will restore like it was and will search again

    Leave a comment:


  • Unregistered
    Guest replied
    In TGSL bc 327 in osc.stage dont work,but 2n2907 work fine.Maybe same problem.

    Leave a comment:


  • robopatt
    replied
    So,
    will tweek around tx and will inform you.
    I will try to buy some good ML coil this days.But 19 not 37.
    So you say that abcence of negative voltage is because the oscilator dont work?
    -2,5v is there so you might be right.
    The spykes are there no metter that no coil attached.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    No it is not a problem. 4007 will do just fine.

    Leave a comment:


  • robopatt
    replied
    OK.
    This solved one of my troubles.
    I used this too 2xbc327 and 1xbc337.
    I will try bc 547 and 2x bc 557.Or bc547;bc557+bc327
    Is it problem that I used 1N4007?I couldnt find 5400.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Ohhh....SORRY!
    Those should not be +5 and -5 at all. You have proper voltages already. Don't worry!
    Like many times in the past, i am using only available symbols in ExpressPCB. There are only standard +5,+9 and +12 as well as -5,-9 and -12 symbols for power paths.
    That's why i used +5 and -5 and later forgot to delete "5".
    Dont bug your self trying to achieve those voltages, you will not.
    For a moment focus only to TX stage.
    Proper choice of transistor there is critical.
    I planned BC327 (2x) and BC337 for TX stage. But even those must be pretty simillar in hFe.
    Change transistors there until you get oscillations.
    Also look here for previous Max's post about coil&tx stage issues.
    Max found out that oscillator will not run if coil exceed some resistive values. This is mostly due fact that we still dont know which one is main transistor in TX.
    I never payed attention on that cose i do have original RH coil...

    Leave a comment:


  • robopatt
    replied
    Yes I now.
    But how?
    I have noticed that V+ and V- are not 5 /-5 like they should be.
    I get +13,6 and no -!Gnd is 4,5.
    Have placed 1N4007 because dont have 5400.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by robopatt View Post
    Ups rx is 13,7mH.So it should do the job for test.
    Yes I have frequencmeter.Directly from TX no frequecy.So tx is not working.
    To see this wirements will be helpfull because I have spend last few days trying to find some week spot in my work.But I couldn't.
    Take your time its only a hobby.
    No this audio is rely good idea.

    Ehh...! TX is not working...
    That explains rest of behavior. First you have to make it work...

    Leave a comment:


  • robopatt
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    I see....
    TX 1mH is ok, but RX 34mH is not. Original RX is 15-16mH.
    You havent answered me about ocsillations..? Do you have conditions to find out is TX working or not? Any frequencmeter?
    Looks like TX not runing..
    I will redraw all wirements again so you can compare with your handmade and see if there is some mistake. Give me day or two, cose right now i am to busy.
    Finally if i was wrong about audio, than it will be easy to solve it. I'll be back soon.
    Ups rx is 13,7mH.So it should do the job for test.
    Yes I have frequencmeter.Directly from TX no frequecy.So tx is not working.
    To see this wirements will be helpfull because I have spend last few days trying to find some week spot in my work.But I couldn't.
    Take your time its only a hobby.
    No this audio is rely good idea.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    To clear up any doubts about audio, remove audio components from pcb and apply new ones like on this schematic. This audio MUST work, although it will give weak, faint and quietly sound, but enough good for testing purposes...
    Do that and inform us here...
    Also...check if TX is runing at all...
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    For a start check wirements.
    I am sure you "deciphered" it right, but in any case just check those..
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by robopatt View Post
    All parts brand new.1mH resistor like.
    Coil is tx 1mH rx 34mH.
    But with no attached coil you can hear the same sparks form the spekar.
    This might help.
    I see....
    TX 1mH is ok, but RX 34mH is not. Original RX is 15-16mH.
    You havent answered me about ocsillations..? Do you have conditions to find out is TX working or not? Any frequencmeter?
    Looks like TX not runing..
    I will redraw all wirements again so you can compare with your handmade and see if there is some mistake. Give me day or two, cose right now i am to busy.
    Finally if i was wrong about audio, than it will be easy to solve it. I'll be back soon.

    Leave a comment:


  • robopatt
    replied
    All parts brand new.1mH resistor like.
    Coil is tx 1mH rx 34mH.
    But with no attached coil you can hear the same sparks form the spekar.
    This might help.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Argue - not! Debate - yes!
    I have my doubts, that's why posted those in public. If those are wrong than i am sorry.

    Ok...subject;
    do you have any oscillations at TX? Oscillator works?
    If yes than go further.
    Coil? What about coil?
    RH can act like you described if coil is mismatched.
    And last thing; audio modification on my pcb. That could cause simillar problem. But, through those cracks you must recognize some detection. If yes, than audio modification must be checked (levels etc...).
    If you can not recognize any detection, only hear same cracks, than it is not about audio, it is some bad component or wrong wirement.

    You provided here so few informations, it is hard to trace possible cause of mailfunctioning.
    Check all those and perform all standard measurements, than post results here. I will be glad to help you to solve the problem. Without informations nobody can help you.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X