Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RELIC HAWK

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Unregistered
    Guest replied
    Hi,
    So frustarited now again.
    I could use some help.Still cand find right solution.

    Ivconic,
    Did you smashed your PCB?If not can you try something please?
    Now I now almost all parts.But still see diferances with Maxs work.This is because of the starting point.The schmatic.
    But some parts are just like on the original RH PCB.Hum.......
    We will see.Did you have a sketch on wirings under this WIMAS 1m 160V?
    Also fustration there.

    Fred,
    What is the point of ground pane on this side?Still some points dont make logic for me?
    Did you finish yours?

    Leave a comment:


  • N@SKO
    replied
    My copy of Relic hawk is Coinseeker2pro
    But I make some changes in shematic and work now
    very good.Only problem with discriminate big Iron from long distance
    If somebody have good quality pic's of Relic hawk psb pls posted here

    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    Hi

    Hi,
    I am glad that you mannage to make it.
    So you see that Max have almost made it only with faked schematic.
    I think that I found this last mistake but I have to check again.
    I will let you now.Because I am still working and you are ready.And can check this right away.Can you make some pictures on your RH and post them here.
    I am interested to see swithes wiring etc....
    Thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • N@SKO
    replied
    Relic Hawk work 100% with Musketeer coil.
    At the moment my copy of relic hawk work with 10" coil.
    Only have a problem with discriminate big Iron from long distance.
    I think ,the problem is in shematic
    Some ideas?

    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    Hi

    Hi,
    Hush.
    I will be very greatefull.
    This will help me to see some conections.
    Thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • Hush
    replied
    Hi Tiktak. I agree with you at all points. Don't know RH connector look like but it's easy to buy Musk connector and resolder coil wires, if it's useable. Didn't meen to make some confusion here, just to help if I can. Measurement is done with unimeter UNI-T UT 70 A, not bad at all- you can measure between all, freq to 10 MHz,inductanse, etc. My PCB isn't paint like some other Minelab's PCBs , it's clean,so I can make pictures but as I see you have very good pictures here.If you need some, I can do it.
    Regards.

    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    Hi,

    Hi,
    Hush.
    Thats interesting but there are few caches here.
    Basicly Musketeer and Relic Hawk are almost indentical and coil from musketeer should work with RH if pin compatible.But dont forget one thing Musk is average model and RH is TOP.
    And at first place what unit you use to took this measurments?
    I have to buy myself some good inductancemeter and solve this finaly.
    The major probleme is that there are some conections under ICs that cant be seen.All have to be desoldered.
    Once we have good working PCB the coil will be easy part.We have experts here.
    Anyway thanks for shared info.
    p.s.More usefull would be if you can took some pictures on Musketeer PCB.

    Leave a comment:


  • Hush
    replied
    Today I mesured coil of my Minelab Muskeeter Advantage Pro and find maybe something interesting for you. TX 1 mH resistance 2 ohm and RX 15 mH resistance 30,5 ohm. As you can see, very similar to Relic Hawk, but smaller- only 10 inch.Does anybody knows, can it be used instead original coil of Relic Hawk? I think it is much more easy to find Muskeeter coil or some owner of this detector. Ones, when you get coil which work for sure, it will be more easy to tune yours home made Relic Hawk. Wish you a luck.
    Regards!

    Leave a comment:


  • Ultimate_Haze
    replied
    I am halfway there too.
    Soon we will see

    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    Hi,

    Hi,
    Eugeen.
    How are you?
    This is good idea and maybe you have a point.But I doubt that this will solve the excisting probleme.And at the end you will have Maxs results.
    So no big diferance at the end results.Also spoted that ground here is vital.So buy spliting in two PCBs might be even worst!
    I think that I found another misstake.And nows the time to finish this PCB and see for myself.
    As I remember Max had problems only with disc.And with discriminate big Iron from long distance.So its probale the mistake I just spoted.

    Leave a comment:


  • Eugene52
    replied
    RELIC HAWK

    Tiktak , When I start building on Relic Hawk again I will use 2 breadboards , one will have the TX circuit ,audio and battery input section. The other will have RX and Discriminate circuits. Then , if it works great I will make two professional circuit boards........ REMEMBER: The original "RH" used smt surface mount components and now we are designing for through hole , It is a big difference !!! So it is good to test on breadboards first , then spend money on Final-Professional circuit boards.........I hope I have some free time , very soon !!...........Eugene
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    hi

    hi,
    I just found this.
    Its outher buxe that goes to coil.
    Ivconic,
    So:
    TX=3.1 ohms
    RX=41.3 ohms both with cable.?Right.

    I will buy inductance meter very soon.

    And about the picture in post 704 I am almost shore now that its TR.Others are BAS16,but this one must be TR.

    About the TGSL audiothuning I were asking you in the thread.I meaned the wordrs that unregistred 1 reposted from Fisher 1266 thread.
    I can make myself PCB now.But the Idea is yours and I cant get it same way.Sorry that I post this here but I didnt wanned to get involved in their argue.
    Thanks
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Eugene52
    replied
    RELIC HAWK

    Originally posted by tiktak View Post
    Hi,
    Eugeen.
    Sorry fo dely.I had probles with internet.
    So I still dont have right datas to repeat original coil.Like number of turns and wire d.But Ivconic have mesaure the inductance accurate the post is in thread.And I am shore that he will find the right datas when we finish corect PCB dont worry.Here are many TOP INGENEERS too.
    And if you read carefull there is no pre-am in search coil.
    See you.
    Hello Tiktak , I am working on this Project again. We do have plenty of time left To finish the Relic Hawk , 2012 is not here yet !!!! ...............Regards................Eugene52
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    I already posted right datas many times. How many times i should repeat same old post???
    Coil doesnt have any electronics inside, not like at Sovereign.

    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    Hi,

    Hi,
    Eugeen.
    Sorry fo dely.I had probles with internet.
    So I still dont have right datas to repeat original coil.Like number of turns and wire d.But Ivconic have mesaure the inductance accurate the post is in thread.And I am shore that he will find the right datas when we finish corect PCB dont worry.Here are many TOP INGENEERS too.
    And if you read carefull there is no pre-am in search coil.
    See you.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X