Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RELIC HAWK

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Eugene52
    replied
    RELLIC HAWK

    Tiktak , Do not forget That the Relic Hawk might require a search coil with a pre-amp , like this one for the 15 inch Sovereign coil . I wonder if Max or Fred ran simulation's using a Pre-Amp Circuit ?? ............Regards......Eugene
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Eugene52
    replied
    RELIC HAWK

    Originally posted by tiktak View Post
    Hi,
    Eugeen.
    I am almost ready!There is a diferance.
    The only one working PCB according Bulgarian schematic is Maxs one.
    And the only probleme were detection of iron from big distanse.Its a mistake somewhere obviusly but the device is working good.
    But enought talks.I will finish recheking first.But to tell you the true they had opened RH when they made this schematic.
    So the work is almost done here buy Max,Ivconic................................
    Only small corections needed.I also wanna make better PCB like the original.
    But freds is good enough for testing.
    Hello Tiktak , Do you remember where the "CORRECT" coil-data is posted on this Forum , for the Relic Hawk "15 inch coil" ???????... ...Thank-you .......Regards....Eugene

    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    Hi,

    Hi,
    Eugeen.
    I am almost ready!There is a diferance.
    The only one working PCB according Bulgarian schematic is Maxs one.
    And the only probleme were detection of iron from big distanse.Its a mistake somewhere obviusly but the device is working good.
    But enought talks.I will finish recheking first.But to tell you the true they had opened RH when they made this schematic.
    So the work is almost done here buy Max,Ivconic................................
    Only small corections needed.I also wanna make better PCB like the original.
    But freds is good enough for testing.

    Leave a comment:


  • Eugene52
    replied
    RELIC HAWK

    Hello Tiktak , IF the schematic is close to 100% perfect and you still have problems with the oscillation or with your Rx or discriminate circuit , in other words the machine is only working at 20% of its potential . Then you know YOU HAVE A major problem with the PCB layout , because it does not match the layout of the original Relic Hawk ..... The ground or supply voltage "trace path" must be canceling out signal's . If that is not your problem then it is the stupid search-coil !!! This project will get done soon !!!!!! Do not worry , just keep plugging away , Persistance is always REWARDING !!........Any other ideas or comments Please post here !!!.Regards.......Eugene

    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    Hi,

    Hi,
    Eugeen.
    I am shore that it wont be so easy.
    There are many under SMD ICS conections that cant be seen without desoldering them.But who will dare mess with such delicate design.
    The Bulgarian schematic is almost 100 % accurate.Trust me.Only minor mistake there.I am still trying to locate.
    The parts places and the conections between them are vital.
    But without Max it will be much harder to achive clone.

    Leave a comment:


  • Eugene52
    replied
    Originally posted by Eugene52 View Post
    A Top-Notch Electronics Engineer that has 20 years design experience , is now running full circuit simulations on our Bulgarian 5 khz RELIC HAWK . I gave him Max's last schematic version on Thanksgiving DAY . I will post results from his work Possibly early Next Year . This may give the Relic Hawk project a big-boost . .............Regards.............Eugene52
    Yes I did post this message , and yes I forgot !!! I will try in the next day or so to see whats up . But , the truth is , IT IS A VERY SLOPPY Looking "UNPROFESSIONAL SCHEMATIC", not done by anyone here on Geotech !!!. Maybe we can re-do the schematic again . AND I will call him back .......... Anyway before I Forget , IS there A GEOTECH MEMBER who lives in Rhode Island U.S.A. ???? There was a RELIC HAWK in EXCELLENT COND. WITH ALL COILS AND ACCESSORIES FOR only $375.00 u.s. Dollars WOW on Craigslist.org . IF a Geotech Member bought it , We would have this project done and over with , in 10 minutes !!!!!!!!!!!!..................Eugene52.

    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    Hi,

    Hi,
    Ivconic.
    How are you?
    I also think that this are diodes.But have some doubts for left.It might be TR.
    According to Bulgarian schematic there are 3 TRs.And if this all are diodes,then on original PCB we have only 3 TRs.
    But I am curies about this track?Where should I conect it?Up or down?Do you remember?
    Also I still cant understand the wirings under this hugh 1m WIMA.And some ICs.Can you help there too?Other wirings are almost ready.
    With some help I will be ready very soon.I am working enough time on this PCB and now have some idea.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    As i recall those two are diodes. Dont take my words 100% true.

    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    Hi,

    Hi,
    I havent seen Max for a while.
    And no progress here!
    Maybe he have some problems.

    Fred did you finish your PCB?

    Ivconic,
    How are you?
    You have desoldered this one so please tell me where this track goes?Up or down?
    Also are this both BAS16.
    Thanks.
    p.s.only few spots misssing now.I hope get them soon.
    Help highly uprishiated.Mistery will be solved finaly!
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    Hi,
    Eugene52
    This will help for shore.Now I have some troubles.But I am almost 100%shore that we still dont have true RH schematic.
    But we will see.

    Leave a comment:


  • Eugene52
    replied
    RELIC HAWK

    A Top-Notch Electronics Engineer that has 20 years design experience , is now running full circuit simulations on our Bulgarian 5 khz RELIC HAWK . I gave him Max's last schematic version on Thanksgiving DAY . I will post results from his work Possibly early Next Year . This may give the Relic Hawk project a big-boost . .............Regards.............Eugene52

    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    Hi,

    Hi,
    Max.
    How are you?
    I think that now it can be fieldtested.Because I just went back from another test.And RH if not right tuned will pickup those.But if its right tuned then its beast.And not so many iron.
    Also you should make good coil.You now its the key.This is toprange unit.
    Did we have datas about smaller coil?That is produced buy minelab for RH?

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by tiktak View Post
    Hi,
    Ivconic.
    Can you please tell me what is this part in pic.1 from post #89 of this thread in the top left corner of the PCB?Is this the 1mH or?It looks prety strange?
    Also can you now post some better pictures of RH PCB so we can all work together.
    Are there any components of the bottom side?
    When I look those pictures that I have from you I can see some diferances with the schematic here.So maybe you are right again.
    But Max have achived so good results.
    Hi,
    yes results were good, in all-metal all perfect, good detection distance with both small and medium sized objects.

    Disc had the problem of far iron detection, otherwise also working, with very good detection of brass, bronze, silver, copper etc

    The md shine at tx stage and balancing (when good tuned) so it's unlike you'll not get such good results and even better if pcb shielded.

    If it works near e.g. tv sets on or other electronic stuff it will pick-up very easy external noise (also at pcb tracks level) so it's not good testing if too much noise around, better shielding pcb in a box if so, otherwise is totally unstable with lot of false signals, unworkable.

    The coil is the major trick, I failed at reproducing it 100% right (I'm about sure of that now) so I missed perfect disc, but all the rest make sense, maybe just small value mismatch at some pcb components.

    So I think it's like Eugene wrote: 95% right schematic+coil, and maybe 99% right at schematic only.

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by N@SKO View Post
    Any body have some idea how to make this 15 mH for audio stage.
    I tray with 22 mH ferite core but only boost signal,no "innnnn" to the end as
    musketeer
    Hi,
    just buy one... no matter much about size, current is not so high inside the wire.

    I made one using a 22mH neosid inductor and scaling down (removing turns) using inductance meter to read that value.

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • N@SKO
    replied
    Any body have some idea how to make this 15 mH for audio stage.
    I tray with 22 mH ferite core but only boost signal,no "innnnn" to the end as
    musketeer

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X