Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Superscan PI

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • sinko1
    replied
    pcb for superscan?

    Leave a comment:


  • mikebg
    replied
    Originally posted by rospy View Post
    Καλο σου αρεσε ?
    Rospy, if your location is Greece, why notes in your sketches of Superscan circuit diagrams are written in Polish? I think the error that I showed in posting # 36 and here below is not made by you but by a Pole or Polish men.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • porkluvr
    replied
    Goooood job mon. That's smokin'.

    Leave a comment:


  • mikebg
    replied
    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    I've seen this before on some other schematics. The "thinking" behind it (if you can call it that ) is that +12V refers to the positive battery terminal (no problem there) and -12V refers to the negative battery terminal. Unfortunately, using normal thinking, this makes it look like a 24V supply is being used.
    The drawing is custom made for Qiaozhi
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • ispanyol2
    replied
    friends, this scheme absolutely right, there are running friends. and the super-gravity. PBC, but somehow in the hands of someone who did not send the file layout. still waiting.

    regards

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by porkluvr View Post
    Well. That's just plain crazy, but I know you're right.

    It appears that according to arithmetic of the schematic artist, 12V + |-12V| = 12V, or something like that. That's about as clear as mud, but I can live with it.

    It would have made more sense to call the supply rails something like Marylou, Dietmar, and Fritz and thereby not defy basic laws of mathematics, but that's just an opinion.
    I've seen this before on some other schematics. The "thinking" behind it (if you can call it that ) is that +12V refers to the positive battery terminal (no problem there) and -12V refers to the negative battery terminal. Unfortunately, using normal thinking, this makes it look like a 24V supply is being used.

    Leave a comment:


  • porkluvr
    replied
    I don't care much for the naming convention for the power supplies but I'll give credit to whoever had the patience to trace this from PCB. I know I wouldn't want to have to do it.

    Leave a comment:


  • porkluvr
    replied
    Originally posted by mikebg View Post
    Porkluvr, Supply schematic is designed correct.
    The circuit is powered by three regulated rails: minus 12V, minus 5V and +5V. Incorrect and misleading is only the designation of battery terminals. The plus battery terminal instead +24V should be noted as GND, COM or zero. The minus battery terminal should be noted as -24V or more correct as -Bat.
    Well. That's just plain crazy, but I know you're right.

    It appears that according to arithmetic of the schematic artist, 12V + |-12V| = 12V, or something like that. That's about as clear as mud, but I can live with it.

    It would have made more sense to call the supply rails something like Marylou, Dietmar, and Fritz and thereby not defy basic laws of mathematics, but that's just an opinion.

    Leave a comment:


  • mikebg
    replied
    Originally posted by porkluvr View Post
    That drawing is a bad joke. I want to hear about what happens when somebody puts +24VDC into one end of an LM555 device and -12VDC on the other end. Same goes for the CD4538, CD4066, and etcetera.

    "Oh I built the Superscan according to this drawing but it does not work. What could be wrong? Something smells funny when I turn it on."

    Bwaaa haaa haaa.
    Porkluvr, Supply schematic is designed correct.
    The circuit is powered by three regulated rails: minus 12V, minus 5V and +5V. Incorrect and misleading is only the designation of battery terminals. The plus battery terminal instead +24V should be noted as GND, COM or zero. The minus battery terminal should be noted as -24V or more correct as -Bat.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • porkluvr
    replied
    That drawing is a bad joke. I want to hear about what happens when somebody puts +24VDC into one end of an LM555 device and -12VDC on the other end. Same goes for the CD4538, CD4066, and etcetera.

    "Oh I built the Superscan according to this drawing but it does not work. What could be wrong? Something smells funny when I turn it on."

    Bwaaa haaa haaa.

    Leave a comment:


  • kt315
    replied
    thanks, but I do not see in this schematic nothing productive. still one PI schematic. without discrimination. why you do not wish to buy Hammerhead PCB for only $10 and to do good PI that will such as Superscan? Delta Pulse is full real non-motion detector with very fine long SAT. Hammerhead is very fine nice compilation of your very popular Garrett XL500, Surf PI etc all PI detectors. Carl Moreland did huge work described HH so you have the best in the world description and manual. you even do not need my suggestions, Eric Foster, Chemelec, or anyone doing Hammerhead. nothing fantastic and fresh new in Superscan I do not see of.

    regards

    Leave a comment:


  • Alexismex
    replied
    Hello Forum,
    Before to have PCB , let draw a decent schematic because many notations
    it is not understanding because not English...and many connections you did not know where they goes.....
    i did propose to draw slowly a good schematic together....
    and after it will be more more easy to draw the pcb !!!
    have a nice day,
    Alexis.

    Leave a comment:


  • ispanyol2
    replied
    Dear kt315
    superscan with delta pulse as the difference between shooting better than 50% superscan. Our observations that such a huge difference. The course would be to think otherwise. and for some reason this forum does not interest enough in this device. obviously very sad for us. I insisted I wanted to work on this machine. PBC layout drawn somewhere I have not found it necessary to file could not start. and none of my friends did not want to help. will still be sent to my friends who would like to inform'd be very grateful. [email protected]

    Best Regards

    Leave a comment:


  • okantex
    replied
    Dear KT315 ,
    You know me , I build delta with your helps ,
    I saw and used original superscan ,
    while delta can not detect metal cigarette lighter at 50cm , superscan can detact it at almost two meters.
    it has 2 big size 12V batteries , IC were almost same as delta ,
    uses really big heat sink ,it's coil was almost 80cm circular,but really heavy, I could not hold it with holder even for a minute.
    I you can arrange this circuit , please send me pcb.I would like to build it first.
    kind regards
    Okantex

    Leave a comment:


  • kt315
    replied
    Originally posted by mollax View Post
    that a modified XL-500 .What do you think.
    does anybody due know Superscan was being projected by Eric Foster? I do not see any advantage of Superscan schematic over Delta Pulse. DP is more advanced in S.A.T. control part, for example.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X