Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Superscan PI
Collapse
X
-
Leave a comment:
-
Hi Geomax. I'm very glad we share the same style of electrical circuit design. I encourage you to build the GS5 LITE with the Supercan's timings instead of building the Superscan without ground balance. The Superscan is a detector without ground balance, so it's not worth building. All the schematics I publish are 100% correct.
- Likes 1
Leave a comment:
-
Hi Eduardo1979,Originally posted by eduardo1979 View Post
Hi Geomax I don't know the designer of this circuit, but I think this diode in series with the 4.7kΩ resistor acts as a kind of limiter or rectifier, since this combination is in parallel with another 47kΩ resistor. In any case, this circuit design isn't compatible with my style of designing electronic circuits. I find it quite confusing and unclear.
Thanks for the SuperScan LITE schematic. I agree with you, the drawing style of the SuperScan EM-3 is terrible. I like your style better because it's very similar to my own style for schematics. Very clean and clearly drawn.
The SuperScan EM-3 must have really existed at some point. I found an advertising flyer for the detector.
Maybe I'll build the SuperScan Lite myself sometime.
- Likes 1
Leave a comment:
-
Hi Geomax.
If you want a Superscan LITE circuit that works really well, here it is.Attached Files
Leave a comment:
-
Hi Geomax I don't know the designer of this circuit, but I think this diode in series with the 4.7kΩ resistor acts as a kind of limiter or rectifier, since this combination is in parallel with another 47kΩ resistor. In any case, this circuit design isn't compatible with my style of designing electronic circuits. I find it quite confusing and unclear.Originally posted by GeoMax View Post
Leave a comment:
-
Leave a comment:
-
Hi Nasios.Originally posted by nasios View Post
Hello Eduardo1979,
i build the rospy pcb but in the GAIN, RESET and REJECT don't have info what we add there?
In the attached schematic, you'll see a 250K potentiometer labeled SPEED. This potentiometer adjusts the integrator's sampling rate, and you can add it to your ROSPI. You can change the ROSPI's operating frequency to approximately 90Hz, similar to the Superscan, by replacing the capacitor connected to pins 2-6 of the 555 timer with a 47nF capacitor. It's currently 15nF if you look at the schematic or the PCB layout. There are many variations and combinations you can make to create a good detector.Attached Files
- Likes 1
Leave a comment:
-
Hello Eduardo1979,Originally posted by eduardo1979 View PostHi Nasios.
I've attached the updated GS-5 LITE files. You can change the synchronization times and frequency to those of the Superscan, and that way you'll get a Superscan with ground balance. I recommend you first build the GS-5 LITE as is and then start with the new modifications. I also built the ROSPI a few years ago and it worked very well for me, but as you know, we're dealing with another detector without ground balance, like the Superscan. That's why I encourage you to build the GS-5 LITE, since it's a metal detector that many people have built with good results. Good luck.
Thank you muchas gracias, i will start to build soon
Leave a comment:
-
Hello Eduardo1979,Originally posted by eduardo1979 View Post
Hi Geomax.
I used the detector with a 1m x 1m frame coil made from Cat-5 network cable. I built this detector quite some time ago. It's a good detector, like the Superscan, but without ground balance. If you use the detector in mineralized soils, such as red clay, it detects the ground. You can increase the delay to eliminate the ground effect, but you lose a lot of depth. The RosPI has a higher frequency than the Superscan; this can be seen in the value of the capacitor connected to pins 2 and 6 of the 555 oscillator. This detector is very similar to the Superscan; the only differences are the frequency and the switch that toggles between the 12V and 24V power supply for the IRF740. I remember the Superscan also had a potentiometer to adjust the integrator speed, something the RosPI doesn't have, but it can be easily added.
i build the rospy pcb but in the GAIN, RESET and REJECT don't have info what we add there?
Leave a comment:
-
Hi Geomax.Originally posted by GeoMax View Post
Hello Eduardo1979,
Thank you very much for the schematic. I've taken a closer look at it. It was fun to study the schematic. It looks like it's a design mix of Minipulse and Goldscan 4 to me.
You mention that you used the detector with a large coil. What is "large coil" for you? Have you used it with a big frame coil 1,5x1,5 meter or with for example a 40cm coil? Thanks.
I used the detector with a 1m x 1m frame coil made from Cat-5 network cable. I built this detector quite some time ago. It's a good detector, like the Superscan, but without ground balance. If you use the detector in mineralized soils, such as red clay, it detects the ground. You can increase the delay to eliminate the ground effect, but you lose a lot of depth. The RosPI has a higher frequency than the Superscan; this can be seen in the value of the capacitor connected to pins 2 and 6 of the 555 oscillator. This detector is very similar to the Superscan; the only differences are the frequency and the switch that toggles between the 12V and 24V power supply for the IRF740. I remember the Superscan also had a potentiometer to adjust the integrator speed, something the RosPI doesn't have, but it can be easily added.
Leave a comment:
-
Hello Eduardo1979,Originally posted by eduardo1979 View Post
Hi Geomax.
On the forum, I only found the PCB design without a schematic. I drew the schematic based on the PCB layout that was posted here. I've attached both the schematic and the PCB layout. Both are correct. The only thing I did was replace the uA709 with an NE5534, since it's newer and more readily available. I added a potentiometer and an additional resistor to the schematic for adjusting the offset. It's not shown on the PCB layout, but with a large coil, it works without the offset potentiometer.
Thank you very much for the schematic. I've taken a closer look at it. It was fun to study the schematic. It looks like it's a design mix of Minipulse and Goldscan 4 to me.
You mention that you used the detector with a large coil. What is "large coil" for you? Have you used it with a big frame coil 1,5x1,5 meter or with for example a 40cm coil? Thanks.
Leave a comment:
-
Hello Op04,Originally posted by Op04 View Post
Hi Geomax,
I think he mean Rospy, it was hand drawn by him. check post #22
thank you very much for the information about "ROSPI". I've now read the first few pages of the article on Geotech. Somehow I missed it back then. "ROSPI" refers to a user named ROSPY who created the Superscan hand-drawn diagrams. I had seen them elsewhere before but didn't know who had made them.
- Likes 1
Leave a comment:
-
Hi Geomax.Originally posted by GeoMax View PostHello Eduardo1979,
You mentioned "ROSPI" in your post. I've never heard of this detector. Could you please post the circuit diagram? Thanks!
On the forum, I only found the PCB design without a schematic. I drew the schematic based on the PCB layout that was posted here. I've attached both the schematic and the PCB layout. Both are correct. The only thing I did was replace the uA709 with an NE5534, since it's newer and more readily available. I added a potentiometer and an additional resistor to the schematic for adjusting the offset. It's not shown on the PCB layout, but with a large coil, it works without the offset potentiometer.Attached Files
- Likes 1
Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: