Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Superscan PI

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • GeoMax
    replied
    Hello Eduardo1979,

    You mentioned "ROSPI" in your post. I've never heard of this detector. Could you please post the circuit diagram? Thanks!​

    Leave a comment:


  • eduardo1979
    replied
    Hi Nasios.
    I've attached the updated GS-5 LITE files. You can change the synchronization times and frequency to those of the Superscan, and that way you'll get a Superscan with ground balance. I recommend you first build the GS-5 LITE as is and then start with the new modifications. I also built the ROSPI a few years ago and it worked very well for me, but as you know, we're dealing with another detector without ground balance, like the Superscan. That's why I encourage you to build the GS-5 LITE, since it's a metal detector that many people have built with good results. Good luck.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • nasios
    replied
    Originally posted by eduardo1979 View Post
    Hi Nasios.
    As Geomax mentioned, that's absolutely correct. I built the Superscan a few years ago. It's a fairly deep detector for high-conductivity targets due to its low operating frequency, but lacking ground balance, it's completely useless for searching in highly mineralized soils like those in your country. If you want to experiment, I recommend building the GS5-LITE that I posted on the forum, but modifying the frequency and timing to match the Superscan's settings. That way, you'll have a Superscan with ground balance.
    Hola amigo eduardo1979, I started learning Spanish, so I hope next year I can come and visit spain,
    About the gs5 lite, I would really like to try it. If I understand correctly, if we change the frequency and timing to the Superscan settings, we can have something like a Superscan but with ground balance. Is that right?
    Do you have the PCB files for the GS5-LITE? I would like to build one and experiment with it.
    I already built one superscan from the Rospy PCB I found here, and I finished it, but I have a few problems. There are three things I cannot find in the PCB information, and I’m not sure if they are buttons or potentiometers. I’m also afraid I may have burned something while testing it.
    I’m retired now, and my children live in Australia, so I have plenty of time for experiments. I really enjoy building and testing detectors, even if sometimes I make a mess and have to start again!
    What I’m really interested in knowing is if we change only the frequency and timing, can we keep the good depth of the Superscan and at the same time have ground balance for the mineralized ground in Australia or other because i travel?
    I’d really like to try this as a new project.
    ​

    Leave a comment:


  • nasios
    replied
    Originally posted by GeoMax View Post

    Hi Nasios

    What else would you like to try with the Superscan? The Superscan doesn't have a ground balance circuit. Therefore, the detector is unusable for most projects/regions in Australia. In your case, I suggest to build the GS5 or the GS5-lite. Both detectors have almost the same front-end and transmitter circuitry as the Superscan, but the GS5 or GS5-lite also has a ground balance circuit.
    Hi GeoMax
    For the SuperScan, I would like to build something new as a project. To be honest, I would also like to build it together with someone who is starting out with it, so we can discover problems and find solutions along the way.
    As for the GS5, if I remember correctly, I built the minipulse about 15 years ago, i buy Silverdog’s pcb. i think is same ?
    I wasn’t particularly satisfied with it, and I think I either gave it to my nephew or it is still somewhere around here.
    I remember that it could get quite good depth, but I wasn’t very happy with its overall performance. The Delta Pulse, on the other hand, was a detector I really enjoyed experimenting with. It had quite a few problems with false signals and instability, and sometimes you would dig a hole and find nothing. But for testing, air experiments, and generally experimenting with different ideas, I really liked it.
    So I would prefer to do something new with the SuperScan because i read have better depth from DP
    ​

    Leave a comment:


  • eduardo1979
    replied
    Hi Nasios.
    As Geomax mentioned, that's absolutely correct. I built the Superscan a few years ago. It's a fairly deep detector for high-conductivity targets due to its low operating frequency, but lacking ground balance, it's completely useless for searching in highly mineralized soils like those in your country. If you want to experiment, I recommend building the GS5-LITE that I posted on the forum, but modifying the frequency and timing to match the Superscan's settings. That way, you'll have a Superscan with ground balance.

    Leave a comment:


  • GeoMax
    replied
    Originally posted by nasios View Post

    Hi GeoMax, nothing my friend , from flag i look we are far because i stop to use and i can give you for try, now my next project i want to build the superscan for try something other
    Hi Nasios

    What else would you like to try with the Superscan? The Superscan doesn't have a ground balance circuit. Therefore, the detector is unusable for most projects/regions in Australia. In your case, I suggest to build the GS5 or the GS5-lite. Both detectors have almost the same front-end and transmitter circuitry as the Superscan, but the GS5 or GS5-lite also has a ground balance circuit.

    Leave a comment:


  • nasios
    replied
    Originally posted by GeoMax View Post
    Hi Nasios,

    Thank you for your reply. Yes, those are the usual parameters I'm familiar with for a frame coil like yours. Thanks for confirming.​
    Hi GeoMax, nothing my friend , from flag i look we are far because i stop to use and i can give you for try, now my next project i want to build the superscan for try something other

    Leave a comment:


  • GeoMax
    replied
    Hi Nasios,

    Thank you for your reply. Yes, those are the usual parameters I'm familiar with for a frame coil like yours. Thanks for confirming.​

    Leave a comment:


  • nasios
    replied
    Originally posted by GeoMax View Post

    What coil were you using? And what are the specs of the coil? Any pictures?
    9 round 0.8 wire 1.2x1.2 the other i have to find because i have long time to use

    Leave a comment:


  • GeoMax
    replied
    Originally posted by nasios View Post

    deltapulse i build is 2 meter deep
    What coil were you using? And what are the specs of the coil? Any pictures?

    Leave a comment:


  • nasios
    replied
    Originally posted by ZOUjiarui View Post
    Ultimately, the detection distance stopped at 30-40cm, and it only worked on large iron blocks. I will try to find an oscilloscope or frequency meter to readjust it.
    deltapulse i build is 2 meter deep

    Leave a comment:


  • nasios
    replied
    Originally posted by ZOUjiarui View Post

    The drawings are correct.
    yes but i don't have for i can build, you can share here? i want to build

    Leave a comment:


  • ZOUjiarui
    replied
    Originally posted by ZOUjiarui View Post
    [ATTACH]56293[/ATTACH]What's the problem? Make it impossible to work? What a headache.
    The drawings are correct.

    Leave a comment:


  • ZOUjiarui
    replied
    Ultimately, the detection distance stopped at 30-40cm, and it only worked on large iron blocks. I will try to find an oscilloscope or frequency meter to readjust it.

    Leave a comment:


  • ZOUjiarui
    replied
    Originally posted by nasios View Post

    Hello ZOUjiarui, Would you be willing to share the schematic and PCB files? I'd love to build one myself so we can test it and explore it together.

    ​
    Hello, the schematic diagram uses the hand-drawn version. Any part of the PCB layout is correct, I think. Just pay attention to the orientation of some transistors.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X