Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LOOKING FOR GOLDSCAN 4 Schematic.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • pito
    replied
    High voltage on the coil is ?

    Tx power @50 cm
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	377
Size:	781.3 KB
ID:	420876​

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    No, only one, monocoil is used.
    Former is 3D printed for "Omega coil" and I just used it to speed up that trivial task.
    Mosfet is IRF840. (Thanks Moodz for wasting my money on 8x IRF840 mosfets!!!) LOL
    Reduced range is because of the mixing two channels.
    In All Metal mode it is twice the deeper from what you see on video.
    I just didn't record the All Metal mode, it was not in my primary focus right now.

    Leave a comment:


  • pito
    replied
    It was successfully discriminated only when directed longitudinally towards the center of the coil.
    When placed sideways; "discrimination" does not work and is detected.
    = do you have 2 coils ?​

    albeit with a reduced range. = try different MOSFET to increase Tx power, IRFZ44 and IRF510.
    From which distance from the coil you can see signal changes for coins on oscilloscope on U11 pin #2 and #6 ?

    Video test - move the objects side to side, that what you do when you do searching.


    ​

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Ok, I've been putting off making the Goldscan IV detector for years. For various reasons. And I finally decided to do it.
    I read in detail the existing threads and everything written by colleagues who have already made it.
    Everything is set up according to the instructions.
    As "targets" for testing I used ancient Roman coins:
    1) "Antoninianus",
    2) "Sestertius" and
    3) a bronze applique/buckle.


    And from iron;
    1) "modern" pliers and
    2) nail from the 5th century.


    I used an antique brick piece from the 5th century to check and adjust the GEB.

    And the detector works as you will see in the video.
    I have a few questions/complaints. Maybe one of you has the right answers, advice.

    1) In the "Off" mode, it is very deep (it is not shown the "Off" mode on the video), while in the other modes it loses the depth noticeably.
    2) In "All", "Sel1" and "Sel2" modes GEB works GREAT! Roman brick (the most common problem) has been successfully "GEB"-ed.
    3) The first problem!
    In "Sel1" and "Sel2" modes; except iron; "discriminated" were also the larger Roman coin "Sestertius" (a highly desirable find) as well as a bronze applique/buckle (also a desirable find).
    While the smaller Roman coin "Antoninianus" was well detected, albeit with a reduced range.
    This is a BIG PROBLEM! This means that some bronze coins will be successfully found and some will not!?
    4) Second problem!
    In the second part of the video, you will see a nail from the 5th century. It was successfully discriminated only when directed longitudinally towards the center of the coil.
    When placed sideways; "discrimination" does not work and is detected.
    This is also a BIG PROBLEM! Because in the fields where there are ancient coins; there are too many similar iron objects like that nail.

    Conclusion:
    This kind of detector is, of course, a step forward and an improvement compared to the previous PI detectors that I made. Because it has a very good GEB.
    But when it comes to "discrimination"... I'm afraid there will be a lot of trouble!
    Now that I have listed all the details, I would like to hear your opinion and possibly tips and ideas; how to improve the part about discrimination...
    And here's the video:




    Leave a comment:


  • ZOUjiarui
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20221123_091003.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	588.5 KB
ID:	363589Thanks, I see. Then here should be c18, looks like c10

    Leave a comment:


  • Alexismex
    replied
    Zoujiarui, It is for stabilize the voltage (Decoupling with one resistor and one capacitor)...

    Leave a comment:


  • GeoMax
    replied
    Hi,

    if you take a closer look at the schematic again you will see that the resistor is connected between -12v and -12. This are two different voltages.

    Leave a comment:


  • ZOUjiarui
    replied
    Both sides of the resistor are -12

    Leave a comment:


  • ZOUjiarui
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20221122_201422.png
Views:	1
Size:	371.8 KB
ID:	363588What is the principle?

    Leave a comment:


  • pustareka
    replied
    Привет !

    Подлинная временная диаграмма Голдскан 4 от Эрика Фостера


    Google say:
    Genuine time chart Goldscan4 from Eric Foster


    Click image for larger version

Name:	GS4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	492.9 KB
ID:	363227

    Leave a comment:


  • aft_72005
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    btw... i already "transfered" previous pcb draw into SL5, just to have better control over it and to much more easily perform some checks.
    This is just first step in process of drawing new board.
    Enjoy
    :
    very good

    Leave a comment:


  • ahmad mosa
    replied
    Hello friends, I want to make the Golden Scan metal detector two-tone. I want you to make the right scheme

    Leave a comment:


  • TufaN
    replied


    thanks jose. a short video of my first tests

    Leave a comment:


  • Jose
    replied
    Originally posted by kt315 View Post
    see the first page, scheme published by KT315

    ---
    Jose
    i have 2 files in DipTrace and see in its header an authour 'Jose'. this are you done?
    The two schemes that I published in diptrace, correspond to Goldscan 5, The first part and the audio, are very similar to the Proto scheme published by Altra.
    I have a functional prototype, but the schemes and the pcb are not complete or updated.

    Leave a comment:


  • kt315
    replied
    see the first page, scheme published by KT315

    ---
    Jose
    i have 2 files in DipTrace and see in its header an authour 'Jose'. this are you done?

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X