Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LOOKING FOR GOLDSCAN 4 Schematic.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • eduardo1979
    replied
    Originally posted by GeoMax View Post

    Hi Eduardo1979,

    Why should you remove D11? This diode is also in other Eric Foster circuits.​ Or have I missunderstood your post?
    Further, what purpose in your circuit has D7-D11 and C13-C16? In other similar circuits with a CD4066 I have not seen this.
    If we remove D7, D8, D9, D10 and C13, C14, C15, C16, the detector does not work. I tried it to save components and reduce the PCB, but the detector does not work. If you look at the original schematic of Eric's GS5 and the first TDI models, those components are also present. I built this detector more than 8 years ago and I don't remember certain things very well. There is a thread in this forum where there is a lot of talk about the GS5 where José drew the schematic. Now I am working on induction pulse detectors controlled by an ESP32 microprocessor and a 256x128 pixel LCD display.

    Leave a comment:


  • GeoMax
    replied
    Originally posted by eduardo1979 View Post

    It's a VUMETER. I used the KA2284 model with 5 LEDS. If you want you can put it, but I assure you that it is not very helpful.
    How is the progress going?
    Do you have a long way to go before you start the detector and tell us how everything is going?​
    I suggest that you do not make changes to the circuit.
    As it is it will work very well. I remember that you said in some post that you wanted to replace the J113 with a 4066.
    Keep in mind that if you are going to do that, the 4066 has to be CMOS type, not just anything will do. You also have to eliminate D11.​
    Hi Eduardo1979,

    Why should you remove D11? This diode is also in other Eric Foster circuits.​ Or have I missunderstood your post?
    Further, what purpose in your circuit has D7-D11 and C13-C16? In other similar circuits with a CD4066 I have not seen this.

    Leave a comment:


  • algan
    replied
    Originally posted by eduardo1979 View Post

    It's a VUMETER. I used the KA2284 model with 5 LEDS. If you want you can put it, but I assure you that it is not very helpful.
    How is the progress going?
    Do you have a long way to go before you start the detector and tell us how everything is going?​
    I suggest that you do not make changes to the circuit.
    As it is it will work very well. I remember that you said in some post that you wanted to replace the J113 with a 4066.
    Keep in mind that if you are going to do that, the 4066 has to be CMOS type, not just anything will do. You also have to eliminate D11.​
    I have ordered the integrals without LT1114, I will use some analog first instead, I think they will arrive in about 10 days, I have almost glued the elements on the board, only the power supply has been turned on

    Leave a comment:


  • eduardo1979
    replied
    Originally posted by algan View Post

    Hi Eduardo, can you write what the idea is and what exactly it does?
    It's a VUMETER. I used the KA2284 model with 5 LEDS. If you want you can put it, but I assure you that it is not very helpful.
    How is the progress going?
    Do you have a long way to go before you start the detector and tell us how everything is going?​
    I suggest that you do not make changes to the circuit.
    As it is it will work very well. I remember that you said in some post that you wanted to replace the J113 with a 4066.
    Keep in mind that if you are going to do that, the 4066 has to be CMOS type, not just anything will do. You also have to eliminate D11.​

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    it is a scale connector. Omit the scale since it follows the signal rises and falls as the audio changes the same.
    Unlike at the Pulse Star 2 where the same scale amplification and driving stage is separated from the audio part and then it makes more sense.
    On tiny signals scale will deflect much before you hear any audio signal. Here on GS4 you will not.
    Omit that scale, no use from it. Unless you want to follow only scale behavior and cut the audio completely .

    Leave a comment:


  • algan
    replied
    Originally posted by eduardo1979 View Post

    Don't worry about the voltage.
    The scheme is correct.
    You have to respect the values of the components.
    The JFET transistors have to be J113.
    You can remove diode D15 if you want, because the detector works without it.​
    Hi Eduardo, can you write what the idea is and what exactly it does?

    Leave a comment:


  • eduardo1979
    replied
    Originally posted by algan View Post

    More precisely, when the Q6 transistor is soldered and the voltage drops to 4.30, I tried with different types of transistors and it still drops, there is some problem, I think there is a problem when I remove the transistor, the voltage is ok
    Don't worry about the voltage.
    The scheme is correct.
    You have to respect the values of the components.
    The JFET transistors have to be J113.
    You can remove diode D15 if you want, because the detector works without it.​

    Leave a comment:


  • algan
    replied
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20240402_142517.jpg Views:	0 Size:	130.8 KB ID:	422353 [QUOTE=algan;n422351]


    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20240402_142808.jpg Views:	0 Size:	123.7 KB ID:	422354

    Leave a comment:


  • algan
    replied
    Originally posted by algan View Post
    ​

    ​
    Hello, Eduardo, I have 4.93 volts at the output of the LM7805, but when I solder diode D15, the voltage of the LM7805 becomes 4.17 volts, when I desolder it, I still have 4.93 volts, what do you suggest, I think that this voltage should not be change
    More precisely, when the Q6 transistor is soldered and the voltage drops to 4.30, I tried with different types of transistors and it still drops, there is some problem, I think there is a problem when I remove the transistor, the voltage is ok

    Leave a comment:


  • algan
    replied
    Originally posted by eduardo1979 View Post

    100nF.
    ​

    ​
    Hello, Eduardo, I have 4.93 volts at the output of the LM7805, but when I solder diode D15, the voltage of the LM7805 becomes 4.17 volts, when I desolder it, I still have 4.93 volts, what do you suggest, I think that this voltage should not be change

    Leave a comment:


  • eduardo1979
    replied
    Originally posted by algan View Post
    Click image for larger version Name:	GS5 B.lay6]EDUARDO_pageZA GEOTECH.jpg Views:	0 Size:	233.1 KB ID:	422274
    ​ Hello Eduardo, I want to ask you what value are the capacitors with the letter C enclosed in the photo, I could not see them in the schematic. Thanks.
    100nF.

    Leave a comment:


  • daluka
    replied
    100 n

    Leave a comment:


  • algan
    replied
    Click image for larger version  Name:	GS5 B.lay6]EDUARDO_pageZA GEOTECH.jpg Views:	0 Size:	233.1 KB ID:	422274
    Originally posted by eduardo1979 View Post
    ​ Hello Eduardo, I want to ask you what value are the capacitors with the letter C enclosed in the photo, I could not see them in the schematic. Thanks.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Just for fun!
    Really fast coil!
    Had dozen scraped inductive cookers on the addict.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20240330_091544.jpg Views:	0 Size:	679.1 KB ID:	422257Click image for larger version  Name:	20240330_091540.jpg Views:	0 Size:	393.1 KB ID:	422259Click image for larger version

Name:	20240330_091546.jpg
Views:	804
Size:	747.8 KB
ID:	422260​​​​​​

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X