Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PIM-2 Digital Metal Detector Project

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • detecto
    replied
    Originally posted by golden_greek View Post
    DETECTO have do changes from prototype project? because and me dont have this results.
    i have made a coil 30cm with 3 rounds UTP=24 windings
    what settings use?
    your coil how ohms is?

    I forgot exactly resistance of coil, if i remember it was abouth 3-3.5ohm
    I didn't change anything except fet.
    Settings:
    Power 10
    Ground 5
    Delay 0
    Trashold 0-3
    I used 1% tolerancy resistors. it's crucial to use 1% tolerancy for R51, R52, R53, R54. R55
    Also instead IRF740 i used IRF840, I actually tried both, maby 5% better results with IRF840.
    IRF840 is little stronger.

    Leave a comment:


  • golden_greek
    replied
    Originally posted by detecto View Post
    I have v0.5 software in my PIM-2, discrimination works ok, and results are even bether than i toth. With 30cm coil 24 windings of 0.4mm giwing good results, dumper is 680ohm 1W.
    Gold ring 2g abouth 17cm
    1e coin 32-33cm
    1l paint box over 1m
    pertinex 12*12cm over 1.2m
    Computer case over 1.7m
    I am planing to make one round coil 50cm, and one square coil 1x1m.
    I tested it indore, and i have a lot of EMI, so it couses a little instability outdore will be better. What version of software do you have?
    Generaly i am satisfied with PIM-2.

    DETECTO have do changes from prototype project? because and me dont have this results.
    i have made a coil 30cm with 3 rounds UTP=24 windings
    what settings use?
    your coil how ohms is?

    Leave a comment:


  • detecto
    replied
    Regards for elbombaci.! Werry well done project!

    Leave a comment:


  • detecto
    replied
    Originally posted by turboaleks View Post
    I use the v05 hex. As sonn as my battery pack arrives, i will post you distance with 1 € coin (using the "default" coil from the turkish forum). As i only have "dirty" power supply at he moment, my results are not as good as yours. Would be interesting to know, if there is much improvement with v06 and hardware changes.
    Probably YES, we will see yet. I ordered MCU with full code for DP-3 from Turkey its will be nice project too (better than PIM-2 for shure)
    I am planing to change BYV28-200 (FRD 250-270pF cross ower capacitance) with murs320 (FRD 110-120pF cross ower capacitance) BTW murs320 is used in GPX3500 circut.
    And we will see improvment.
    I am bicoming more and more interested in PI detectors (they left a lot of place to experimenting, and they are the future for shure)
    Regards
    Detecto

    Leave a comment:


  • turboaleks
    replied
    I use the v05 hex. As sonn as my battery pack arrives, i will post you distance with 1 € coin (using the "default" coil from the turkish forum). As i only have "dirty" power supply at he moment, my results are not as good as yours. Would be interesting to know, if there is much improvement with v06 and hardware changes.

    Leave a comment:


  • detecto
    replied
    Originally posted by turboaleks View Post
    @detecto, do you have v06 or v05 version? I am experimenting with v05 and with the exception of the usage limit it is a hihgly recommeneded soft- and hardware, at least for me.
    I have v0.5 software in my PIM-2, discrimination works ok, and results are even bether than i toth. With 30cm coil 24 windings of 0.4mm giwing good results, dumper is 680ohm 1W.
    Gold ring 2g abouth 17cm
    1e coin 32-33cm
    1l paint box over 1m
    pertinex 12*12cm over 1.2m
    Computer case over 1.7m
    I am planing to make one round coil 50cm, and one square coil 1x1m.
    I tested it indore, and i have a lot of EMI, so it couses a little instability outdore will be better. What version of software do you have?
    Generaly i am satisfied with PIM-2.

    Leave a comment:


  • turboaleks
    replied
    @detecto, do you have v06 or v05 version? I am experimenting with v05 and with the exception of the usage limit it is a hihgly recommeneded soft- and hardware, at least for me.

    Leave a comment:


  • smity
    replied
    This is interesting. Please send me the program v6. [email protected]

    Leave a comment:


  • detecto
    replied
    PIM-2 is one of the best sharing project, i made this detector and i am more than satisfied.
    I strongly recomand PIM-2!!!

    Leave a comment:


  • selim
    replied
    pim-2 v.06 test





    Leave a comment:


  • Uykusuz
    replied
    Hi to all.

    I attached documents of PIM-2 V06 here. There is no demo software of V06. You can cancontact with me for programmed atmega8.

    [email protected]

    Best regards.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Uykusuz
    replied
    Added coil control


    Leave a comment:


  • Uykusuz
    replied
    Hi RobertsW, thank you.

    I have not finish V06 software and hardware yet. PIM-2 V02 is under testing now.

    Gold and iron test with PIM-2 V06



    For Detailed informations:


    Best Regards
    Uykusuz

    Leave a comment:


  • RobertsW
    replied
    Hi elbombaci
    Nice work .
    Please upload Hex here .
    Regards.

    Leave a comment:


  • Uykusuz
    replied
    Hi to all.
    This videos are stability tests when PIM-2 V06 in manual and auto tune mode.




    Follow us


    Best Regards.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X