Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Surf PI Pro

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • paku
    replied
    Originally posted by Polymer View Post
    Hi Paku,

    I got the same error ordering in the shop too!

    Just write a direct email to silverdog and ask. That worked for me.

    It might take a little time for his reply as there might be holidays in the UK at the moment.
    what is the direct mail

    Leave a comment:


  • Polymer
    replied
    Hi Paku,

    I got the same error ordering in the shop too!

    Just write a direct email to silverdog and ask. That worked for me.

    It might take a little time for his reply as there might be holidays in the UK at the moment.

    Leave a comment:


  • paku
    replied
    Originally posted by homefire View Post
    Try to PM here from this site.

    who

    Leave a comment:


  • homefire
    replied
    Try to PM here from this site.

    Leave a comment:


  • paku
    replied
    when i checkout chard i get error message
    Error: No Shipping options are available. Please
    contact us
    for assistance!


    Originally posted by sinclairuser View Post
    the prices are on the website!
    sorry abut that misread your post, shipping is at standard rates, i cant see it being very expensive.
    http://www.silverdog.co.uk/shop/index.php?route=product/product&path=35&product_id=49


    Leave a comment:


  • sinclairuser
    replied
    Originally posted by paku View Post
    i have request from silverdog page contact,
    about price shipping for the pcb but stil dont get answer
    is that someone dont have manage the contact page
    the prices are on the website!
    sorry abut that misread your post, shipping is at standard rates, i cant see it being very expensive.
    http://www.silverdog.co.uk/shop/index.php?route=product/product&path=35&product_id=49


    Leave a comment:


  • paku
    replied
    i have request from silverdog page contact,
    about price shipping for the pcb but stil dont get answer
    is that someone dont have manage the contact page

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by pkgtool View Post
    Hi everyone.

    What is the latest schematic/pcb/parts_list version of Surf PI, Surf PI Pro, SurfXX, SurfXXX or whatever name?


    Who have these files?

    Regards
    Look at Silverdog's shop -> http://silverdog.co.uk/shop/index.php
    Right-hand side under Library.

    Leave a comment:


  • pkgtool
    replied
    Hi everyone.

    What is the latest schematic/pcb/parts_list version of Surf PI, Surf PI Pro, SurfXX, SurfXXX or whatever name?


    Who have these files?

    Regards

    Leave a comment:


  • paku
    replied
    my best mono coil for surf pi is 0.310mH

    Leave a comment:


  • soverey
    replied
    Originally posted by MorseHan View Post
    Before attempting any mods, it would be best to fully understand the basic concept first... Your coil doesn't seem like optimal to achieve best performance.
    And second, when setting offset and other first time settings, don't attempt to do them inside. Go away at least 10m/30feet from any nails or rebars/concrete walls.
    Based on picture untitled67.jpg it seems You have an overdamped coil... You won't get better sensitivity , by making mods, if Your coil is not optimal.
    Sorry for bad english, hope You understand.
    Your scope pictures shows external electrical interferences as well.
    I do understand the basic principles, I have read "Inside the metal detector book", the oscilloscope reading of the opamp output looks like the one described in the book, I have not scoped directly the coil because I don't know what voltage it rises to, and don't want to fry my oscilloscope. You said It seems I have and over damped coil, can you please explain how you interpreted the oscilloscope readings and how one that is critically damped should look like? Thank you.

    Leave a comment:


  • MorseHan
    replied
    Originally posted by soverey View Post
    I have recently build Surf Pi 1.2 from Silverdog, set offset to 0 v, or more precisely to about 0.016 V, tested it and it seems it works alright. With a radial coil, 28 cm, 0.239 mh 0.9 R, I'm getting about 20 cm on a bras coin 24 mm in diameter. I have attached 2 images one from the output of the opamp(TP2), the second one is from TP1 , but as I'm not a specialist could please someone tell me what it represents?

    I know people are getting better performance from this detector, I would like to try some mods, lowering the sample delay, maybe increasing the pulse width.. , I saw a surf pi pro with the modifications like in the image I have attached. From what I understand one of the mods in the picture enable lowering the sample delay, could someone explain me what the rest of the modifications do?

    Thanks.
    Before attempting any mods, it would be best to fully understand the basic concept first... Your coil doesn't seem like optimal to achieve best performance.
    And second, when setting offset and other first time settings, don't attempt to do them inside. Go away at least 10m/30feet from any nails or rebars/concrete walls.
    Based on picture untitled67.jpg it seems You have an overdamped coil... You won't get better sensitivity , by making mods, if Your coil is not optimal.
    Sorry for bad english, hope You understand.
    Your scope pictures shows external electrical interferences as well.
    Last edited by MorseHan; 06-20-2015, 06:33 PM. Reason: correcting typos

    Leave a comment:


  • Sacchetti
    replied
    Originally posted by soverey View Post
    I have recently build Surf Pi 1.2 from Silverdog, set offset to 0 v, or more precisely to about 0.016 V, tested it and it seems it works alright. With a radial coil, 28 cm, 0.239 mh 0.9 R, I'm getting about 20 cm on a bras coin 24 mm in diameter. I have attached 2 images one from the output of the opamp(TP2), the second one is from TP1 , but as I'm not a specialist could please someone tell me what it represents?

    I know people are getting better performance from this detector, I would like to try some mods, lowering the sample delay, maybe increasing the pulse width.. , I saw a surf pi pro with the modifications like in the image I have attached. From what I understand one of the mods in the picture enable lowering the sample delay, could someone explain me what the rest of the modifications do?

    Thanks.
    Hi!
    To reduce current absorbtion you can use TLC555 from Texas Instruments (TI) instead of normal NE555.
    To increase stability and precision you can use 1% resistor for R2, R25, R26, R28 and R29.
    It is better to check which is the total value in ohm of R2 and the trimmer in series.
    After you can replace them using only one resistor (1% precision) with the commercial value more near to the target.

    Leave a comment:


  • soverey
    replied
    I have recently build Surf Pi 1.2 from Silverdog, set offset to 0 v, or more precisely to about 0.016 V, tested it and it seems it works alright. With a radial coil, 28 cm, 0.239 mh 0.9 R, I'm getting about 20 cm on a bras coin 24 mm in diameter. I have attached 2 images one from the output of the opamp(TP2), the second one is from TP1 , but as I'm not a specialist could please someone tell me what it represents?

    I know people are getting better performance from this detector, I would like to try some mods, lowering the sample delay, maybe increasing the pulse width.. , I saw a surf pi pro with the modifications like in the image I have attached. From what I understand one of the mods in the picture enable lowering the sample delay, could someone explain me what the rest of the modifications do?

    Thanks.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • MorseHan
    replied
    Piece of cake

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X