Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Surf PI Pro

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • diplodus
    replied
    hi,
    this is my first post in this great forum, and after reading a lot about different metal detectors here, i decided to start building Surf pi metal detector and precisely the surf XX posted by ApBerg AND made by Paku, who provided a very good image of his board.
    Now i am waiting for my components to arrive so i can start etching my PCB and solder components, meanwhile i want to share with you my component list based on the board provided by Paku (i added values of each component on the board).
    i hope this is going to work so everyone could make his own MD :



    *********************CAPACITORS******************* *****************


    C1 22nF 0.022uF 100V 5% Mylar Film Capacitors


    C2 2200uF 50V 105C Radial Electrolytic Capacitor 16x32mm
    OR 1000uF 50V 105C Radial Electrolytic Capacitor 13x26mm


    C3 100nF 0.1uF 100V 5% Mylar Film Capacitors
    C4 100nF 0.1uF 100V 5% Mylar Film Capacitors
    C5 220nF 0.22uF 100V 5% Mylar Film Capacitors
    C6 220nF 0.22uF 100V 5% Mylar Film Capacitors
    C7 1uF 100V 5% Polyester Film Box Type Capacitor
    C8 47nF 0.047uF 100V 5% Mylar Film Capacitors
    C9 1nF 0.001uF 100V 5% Mylar Film Capacitors
    C10 1nF 0.001uF 100V 5% Mylar Film Capacitors
    C11 1nF 0.001uF 100V 5% Mylar Film Capacitors
    C12 1nF 0.001uF 100V 5% Mylar Film Capacitors
    C13 220uF 50V 105C Radial Electrolytic Capacitor 10x13mm
    C14 220uF 50V 105C Radial Electrolytic Capacitor 10x13mm
    C15 220uF 50V 105C Radial Electrolytic Capacitor 10x13mm
    C? 220uF 50V 105C Radial Electrolytic Capacitor 10x13mm
    C16 100nF 0.1uF 100V 5% Mylar Film Capacitors
    C17 220pF 50V Ceramic Disc Capacitor
    C19 100pF 50V Ceramic Disc Capacitor
    C20? 100nF 0.1uF 100V 5% Mylar Film Capacitors
    C? 100nF 0.1uF 100V 5% Mylar Film Capacitors






    *********************IC's************************* *******************




    IC1 TLC555
    IC2 NE5534 IC 5534 Low-Noise Operational Amplifier IC
    IC3 LM358N LM358 358 Low Power Dual Op-Amp IC
    IC4 CD4093 4093 IC CMOS NAND SCHMITT TRIGGER
    IC5 L78L05ACZ L78L05 78L05 +5 VOLTS 100mA Voltage Regulator IC
    IC6 ICL7660CPAZ ICL7660 CMOS Voltage Converter IC
    IC7 CD4066 4066 IC CMOS QUAD BILATERAL SWITCH




    *********************DIODS************************ ******************




    D1 1N4148 Switching Signal Diode
    D1 1N4148 Switching Signal Diode
    D1 1N4148 Switching Signal Diode
    D6 1N4001 Diode 1A 50V




    *********************TRANSISTORS****************** *****************




    T1 2N3906 PNP General Purpose Transistor
    T2 IRF9640 Power MOSFET P-Channel 11A 200V
    T6 BC517 Transistor NPN 30V 0.5A TO-92 BC517-AT/P




    *********************POTS & TRIMPOTS********************************




    DELAY 10K OHM Linear Taper Potentiometer
    TRESH 10K OHM Linear Taper Potentiometer
    VOLUME R33 1K OHM Linear Taper Potentiometer
    SENS 100K OHM Linear Taper Potentiometer
    20K OHM OHM Trimpot Variable Resistor 6mm
    100K OHM TRIMMER POTENTIOMETER CERMET 25 TURNS 3296W
    5K OHM TRIMMER POTENTIOMETER CERMET 25 TURNS 3296W




    *********************RESISTORS******************** ******************



    R1 100K OHM 1/4W 5% Carbon Film Resistor
    R2 3.9K OHM 1/4W 5% Carbon Film Resistor
    R3 1K OHM 1/4W 5% Carbon Film Resistor
    R4 100 OHM 1/4W 5% Carbon Film Resistor


    R4bis 2.2K OHM 1/4W 5% Carbon Film Resistor


    R5 100 OHM 1/4W 5% Carbon Film Resistor


    R6 i couldnt find 360 OHM 2W SO I WILL USE 1K OHM TRIMMER POTENTIOMETER temporarily OR


    750 & 680 OHM 1W 5% Carbon Film Resistor in parallel to get 356 OHM 2W ( almost 360 OHM)



    R7 1K OHM 1/4W 5% Carbon Film Resistor
    R8 1K OHM 1/4W 5% Carbon Film Resistor
    R9 1.2M OHM 1/4W 5% Carbon Film Resistor
    R11 22K OHM 1/4W 5% Carbon Film Resistor
    R12 10K OHM 1/4W 5% Carbon Film Resistor


    R? 12 OHM 1W 5% Carbon Film Resistor ( i only have a 1/4 W and i don't know if its going to work)


    R13 1K OHM 1/4W 5% Carbon Film Resistor
    R14 1K OHM 1/4W 5% Carbon Film Resistor
    R15 330K OHM 1/4W 5% Carbon Film Resistor
    R16 330K OHM 1/4W 5% Carbon Film Resistor
    R18 47K OHM 1/4W 5% Carbon Film Resistor
    R20 22K OHM 1/4W 5% Carbon Film Resistor
    R21 1K OHM 1/4W 5% Carbon Film Resistor
    R22 220K OHM 1/4W 5% Carbon Film Resistor
    R23 22K OHM 1/4W 5% Carbon Film Resistor
    R26 51K OHM 1/4W 5% Carbon Film Resistor
    R28 240K OHM 1/4W 5% Carbon Film Resistor
    R29 51K OHM 1/4W 5% Carbon Film Resistor
    R34 22 OHM 1/4W 5% Carbon Film Resistor
    R35 100K OHM 1/4W 5% Carbon Film Resistor






    *********************IC Socket Adaptor********************************




    4x8 pin DIP IC Socket Adaptor Solder Type
    2x14 pin DIP IC Socket Adaptor Solder Type




    PS: please correct me if i made any mistake.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by diplodus; 10-08-2015, 02:37 AM. Reason: image

    Leave a comment:


  • junkhunter
    replied
    everything housed in tube and comes apart for waist belt one bolt to take apart
    earphones are ear muffs with two buzzers sealed still quite loud under water on full vol

    Leave a comment:


  • junkhunter
    replied
    i looked everywhere and then found this $11 au .had to cut it down heaps and pop rivet ends on with sealer so its water proof cut 2 end caps and c4 auto tranny pump seal perfect size .8 aa batties
    Click image for larger version

Name:	P9020115.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	546.9 KB
ID:	343617

    Leave a comment:


  • multieagle
    replied
    What type batteries, and where are they housed?

    Tks.

    Leave a comment:


  • junkhunter
    replied
    Originally posted by Boadil View Post
    the pcb in pdf format would be possible? please¡¡
    try changing U7 = 4066 sound amp if no sound

    Leave a comment:


  • junkhunter
    replied
    try changing U7 = 4066 sound amp if no sound

    Leave a comment:


  • junkhunter
    replied
    new coil an old one die grinded it out re resined it 11 turns with the wire out of old whites coil works great and looks great

    Click image for larger version

Name:	P9010110.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	561.1 KB
ID:	343608
    Click image for larger version

Name:	P9010109.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	559.5 KB
ID:	343609
    Click image for larger version

Name:	P9010108.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	543.6 KB
ID:	343610
    Click image for larger version

Name:	P9010107.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	529.8 KB
ID:	343611
    Click image for larger version

Name:	P9010114.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	526.4 KB
ID:	343612
    Click image for larger version

Name:	P9010111.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	555.9 KB
ID:	343613

    Leave a comment:


  • Boadil
    replied
    Originally posted by andva View Post
    Hi all!

    I have finished building my Surf PI detector, the PCB was Surf XX which can be found in this forum. I tried using it on field, the results were good. Sensitivity to coins in air testing was about 20-27cm depending on coin size and material. When the detector was turned on in the house, with minimal treshold there was a little noise on the speaker because of electric devices. In outdoors, this noise was no more audible. The coil didn't detected the ground even without shielding, so I thought I've built a very good detector.

    Then an accident happened.....

    I used a poor quality wire that connected the PCB to the coax head cable connector, and somehow this crap wire broke and made the coil short - during operation.....
    I removed this wire and built in a new one. When i turned the detector on the next time I realized that the sensitivity fell down about 1/2 of the original, so now the machine detects coins at about 10cm. The other bad thing what I found there is no more noise when I turn it on indoors. So the detector is still working, but it became very-very-very insensitive...
    Which part could be damaged? I tried changing the IRF9640 FET, the 2200uF capacitor, 5534, 4066, 4093 and lm358 IC-s but it had no effect.
    Does anyone have an idea how to repair? Should I change all the semicondutors including IC-s, diodes and transistors? I guess the resistors should not be broken.

    Thank you for your attention and help, and sorry for my bad English!
    the pcb in pdf format would be possible? please¡¡

    Leave a comment:


  • soverey
    replied
    Originally posted by soverey View Post
    The mod should enable lower sampling delay, I would have lost audio if the sample was faster than the coil, but this is not the case, it is just a massive drop in sensibility, before it would have picked external noise interference ,but now the threshold is perfectly stable...
    Any suggestions please.., meanwhile I managed to check all IC and they are alright.. but besides those I can't figure out what to check.., I fitted back all the components I have removed in order to lower the sample delay..and still no improvements.

    By the way, I forgot to mention that I replaced the buzzer that came with the kit, with headphones.. but I don't think this is the reason for the lowered sensibility. And also the opamp output seemed harder to aquire on the osciloscope.. it had the correct shape but just harder to center it on the display as it was kind of moving across the display.

    Leave a comment:


  • soverey
    replied
    Originally posted by paku View Post
    have you try change all you modify component to default original schematic ?
    The mod should enable lower sampling delay, I would have lost audio if the sample was faster than the coil, but this is not the case, it is just a massive drop in sensibility, before it would have picked external noise interference ,but now the threshold is perfectly stable...

    Leave a comment:


  • paku
    replied
    have you try change all you modify component to default original schematic ?

    Leave a comment:


  • soverey
    replied
    Just a quick update on my build and some request for troubleshooting advice.

    I managed to adjust my surf pi 1.2 kit, and I was getting good coin detection at 11 inches. I decided to put it in a box, so I replaced the onbord delay pot, volume and threshold with potentiometers, also changed the R25 resistor with a 5k resistor and the delay pot with a 10k one, like in the surf pi pro schematic. After doing all these modification, I'm getting very poor sensibility, detection of coins at 3 inches, I adjusted my damping resistor so it is ok, I have volume control, threshold control, delay seems to work, I think I have damaged a component.., I did all the re soldering with the IC's in place... is it bad?. I did check for solder bridges, went over with the soldering iron over all joints, but still no improvement.
    Can someone tell me please what should I check ?

    Thanks.

    Leave a comment:


  • paku
    replied
    Originally posted by silverdog View Post
    I have been away for a long anniversary weekend with Mrs Silverdog, 24yrs now , time goes so quick !
    No shipping options available is normally because I am unable to ship to your country - I'm afraid certain countries have proven too unreliable via airmail or other restrictions mean I cannot ship to you country
    ok thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • bernte_one
    replied
    All the best to you!

    Leave a comment:


  • silverdog
    replied
    I have been away for a long anniversary weekend with Mrs Silverdog, 24yrs now , time goes so quick !
    No shipping options available is normally because I am unable to ship to your country - I'm afraid certain countries have proven too unreliable via airmail or other restrictions mean I cannot ship to you country

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X