Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TESORO GOLDEN SABRE

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • dfbowers
    replied
    Originally posted by Janotaking View Post
    hey, thanks for the attention, I've got a scope, but I don't know how to use it. Its from my father but I don't want to bother him with it. lol Can you later teach me how it works?

    Thanks a lot.

    It's often said that most things we learn in life are learned while we are trying to do something else.. So did you want to learn to use a scope as well?

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by Janotaking View Post
    hey, thanks for the attention, I've got a scope, but I don't know how to use it. Its from my father but I don't want to bother him with it. lol Can you later teach me how it works?

    Thanks a lot.
    No need to have a teacher. You can teach yourself by reading this ->

    Leave a comment:


  • Janotaking
    replied
    hey, thanks for the attention, I've got a scope, but I don't know how to use it. Its from my father but I don't want to bother him with it. lol Can you later teach me how it works?

    Thanks a lot.

    Leave a comment:


  • dfbowers
    replied
    Originally posted by Janotaking View Post
    Thanks, but is guarantee that if I build one like in the schematics it works? It seems that every schematic that I see don't work. lol

    One of the best project here! The Guarantee is that all the information is correct and the end project can be made to work as good or better than a commercially built one. But.. It's up to the builder to duplicate.. You may invest a week of your time and about 50 bucks. Can be difficult without a scope but not impossible!!

    Leave a comment:


  • Janotaking
    replied
    Thanks, but is guarantee that if I build one like in the schematics it works? It seems that every schematic that I see don't work. lol

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Originally posted by Janotaking View Post
    Where can I get the schematic?
    The most complete info for building the TGSL is here:



    Then lots of questions and answers in these TGSL threads.

    Regards,

    -SB

    Leave a comment:


  • Janotaking
    replied
    Where can I get the schematic?

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    diode protection

    Given the big voltage drop between the 12V battery and 8V LM7808, it seems reasonable to add a permanent protection diode in the power circuit schematic for the TGSL. Schottky should give most battery life. Maybe keep lunamay out of trouble...

    -SB
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Janotaking
    replied
    Originally posted by Leto View Post
    Guess what..
    I looked at shematic and almost all the parts were also in my el. junque box.
    As I was free yesterday I etched and populated the board..
    .. few parts are still missing -10caps and IC-sockets

    My question would be ->
    What are those 4.7uF "BI" caps? On blury shematic "B.Pol[?]"
    Probably bi-polar (non-polarised)??
    I can attach large 4.7uF (100V) polyester caps, but are really BIG.

    Why IC-sockets? -> because If I'd bet:
    I guess it's about 4:1 in favor of project-non-working..Remember Ivconic's Gold Demon?
    So I'd like to save at least IC's when my hammer strikes.

    Where are the CI's???

    Leave a comment:


  • maikl
    replied
    Originally posted by Virdi_248 View Post
    Hello, Voya tgsl attempt to operate properly.

    Discuss the detector has a problem, but it is touch and blasts false starts.

    I have several reels, with shield and without shield. I think the sounds she makes are not normal even though the coils are poorly constructed.

    I uploaded a video.




    What is happening?


    I need guidance.
    The video: 1.-Faraday shield is not set on the coils. 2.-Try replacing the cable between the control box and the coil with a USB-2 cable is thicker than (0.27 mm) wire coils. 3.-Electronics box should be made of metal and connected to 0.

    Leave a comment:


  • ofi
    replied
    Originally posted by dfbowers View Post
    Ofi;

    Go by the schematic as some of the packages vary, depending on where you are in the world. Look at the specific datasheet for what you have in hand or test the component before installation. Do not go by the image for component placement as it may be backwards from what you have.

    I guess I should ask what schematic you are using though.
    It is ok. I was wrong. Thanks for help.

    Leave a comment:


  • dfbowers
    replied
    Originally posted by ofi View Post
    Hi,

    I have question about TGSL pcb from the locked thread here. Is the BC547 placement correct? According to the datasheet (of 547) the base of bd140 and emitters of bc547s (TO-92) on pcb are connected, but on the schema they are connected with collectors... Can somebody confirm this?

    Ofi;

    Go by the schematic as some of the packages vary, depending on where you are in the world. Look at the specific datasheet for what you have in hand or test the component before installation. Do not go by the image for component placement as it may be backwards from what you have.

    I guess I should ask what schematic you are using though.

    Don

    Leave a comment:


  • ofi
    replied
    Hi,

    I have question about TGSL pcb from the locked thread here. Is the BC547 placement correct? According to the datasheet (of 547) the base of bd140 and emitters of bc547s (TO-92) on pcb are connected, but on the schema they are connected with collectors... Can somebody confirm this?

    Leave a comment:


  • lunamay
    replied
    i will check your sugestion and dfbowers's..my cable connector is poor..i have to make another pair of coils with diffrent(bether) shape..my coil is ggod..but not enought

    best regards to all

    Leave a comment:


  • Dennis the Mennis
    replied
    Originally posted by lunamay View Post
    Virdi_248
    i have same behavior of my coil..i still can't get no informations why but i think its because not proper shelding

    best regards
    Hi Lunamay ,

    Another possibilitie is that resonance frequency of the coils are too close which can cause very high sensitivity with unwanted side effects as shown in your video .

    Try different values for your Rx caps with a capicitor bank like -SB suggested in previous threads .

    regards

    Dennis the Mennis

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X