Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TESORO GOLDEN SABRE

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • simonbaker
    replied
    Originally posted by Darko View Post
    I don't use 22k pot intending to leave it there, but this is just fault. I'm not check pot value before solder it. I must say that TGSL was works wery stable until some time when start to give chaters. I try to back movie back to see what happens.
    Neznam baš da napišem na engleskom. Od jednog trenutka je počela nestabilnost, možda kad sam postavio podnožja.Ne mogu da se setim šta sam radio pa je postao nestabilan. Imao sam odličnu detekciju i stabilnu ali sam hteo više i eto.
    Mnogo je to dobra mašina i siguran sam da će da proradi opet kao što i treba. Hvala Ivice. Bez tebe ne bih stigao daleko od početka.
    Maybe batteries low????

    Ivconic advice on mechanical stability == elec stability very true ( hardest challenge for me). Especially if it worked stable before.

    Would still like to see oscilloscope waveforms for interest.

    -SB

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by Darko View Post
    I don't use 22k pot intending to leave it there, but this is just fault. I'm not check pot value before solder it. I must say that TGSL was works wery stable until some time when start to give chaters. I try to back movie back to see what happens.
    Neznam baš da napišem na engleskom. Od jednog trenutka je počela nestabilnost, možda kad sam postavio podnožja.Ne mogu da se setim šta sam radio pa je postao nestabilan. Imao sam odličnu detekciju i stabilnu ali sam hteo više i eto.
    Mnogo je to dobra mašina i siguran sam da će da proradi opet kao što i treba. Hvala Ivice. Bez tebe ne bih stigao daleko od početka.
    Could be ic sockets (moisture and corrosion). Also could be minor drift at coil. And of course could be due some bad component...
    Kad je jednom proradio - proradice opet.

    Leave a comment:


  • Darko
    replied
    Hi Ivconic

    I don't use 22k pot intending to leave it there, but this is just fault. I'm not check pot value before solder it. I must say that TGSL was works wery stable until some time when start to give chaters. I try to back movie back to see what happens.
    Neznam baš da napišem na engleskom. Od jednog trenutka je počela nestabilnost, možda kad sam postavio podnožja.Ne mogu da se setim šta sam radio pa je postao nestabilan. Imao sam odličnu detekciju i stabilnu ali sam hteo više i eto.
    Mnogo je to dobra mašina i siguran sam da će da proradi opet kao što i treba. Hvala Ivice. Bez tebe ne bih stigao daleko od početka.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    "....disc pot 22k..." ???!??

    Darko your handmade obviously differs much from original (according to what you posted).
    So....what do you expect? What kind of stabillity you expect?
    It is pretty often and usuall to see here; "...i finished TGS/TGSL....and it is not stabille..." or " ....it can not reach 30cm on 1e coin..".
    So...people; what do you expect? You are not respecting given datas, schematics, coil datas, proper way of wirements....etc..etc.... and still you expecting something and complaining?!
    So...all what have been posted here on previous 150 pages worth NOTHING, cose you guys are not in a mood to read and obey? You have your own vision of TGS/TGSL? Wildly changing component values and making various unsuitable coils...? I dont understand you?
    Dont complain and dont ask for help here. Or...ask...do whatever you want, it is your choice. I wish you luck.

    Leave a comment:


  • Darko
    replied
    Re

    - TX – 5.87 mH 21,4 ohms ; RX 6.28 mH 22.3
    - Tx freq 13.890
    I will check rest of things tomorrow. I have several coils with different parimeters and all of them operate at some way. No one of them sealed with epoxy yet.
    - Disc Pot is old. I will change this with new one. Firstly there was 22k pot and with no instabillity wen I put 100K detector go to be unstable.
    - Aluminium enclosure
    - All of parts have original values and LM308 is AN version. But maybe I make mistake there, when due to experiment reasons I was put LF353 and both of 308 in IC sockets.
    Thank you guys. Tomorrow I will check voltages. I must go for now.
    Best regards

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by Darko View Post
    Can I do smething more to get better stabillity?
    Best Regards
    Originally posted by Max View Post
    I suggest you recheck coil if much unstable.

    If have TL062, change with something lower noise... even TL082 is better.

    If lot of solder flux at soldering layer, remove with cotton + isoprophilic alcohol.

    Use new potentiometers... avoid long wires and mechanical instability... things that move.

    Kind regards,
    Max
    Are you using a plastic enclosure for your TGSL? If so, then line the inside of the box with aluminium foil and connect to the 0V rail.
    If instead you're using a metal enclosure, also connect it to 0V.

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by Darko View Post
    Thanks Max.
    The local supplier offers only P version of LF353. My TGSL working unstable with good nuled coil and that was reason why I start thinking about P mark on this IC. Now, there's noting left form me to do but to change all of 100p, 15p and 10p caps with multilayer ones and we will see.. Can I do smething more to get better stabillity?
    Best Regards
    I suggest you recheck coil if much unstable.

    If have TL062, change with something lower noise... even TL082 is better.

    If lot of solder flux at soldering layer, remove with cotton + isoprophilic alcohol.

    Use new potentiometers... avoid long wires and mechanical instability... things that move.

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Originally posted by Darko View Post
    Thanks Max.
    The local supplier offers only P version of LF353. My TGSL working unstable with good nuled coil and that was reason why I start thinking about P mark on this IC. Now, there's noting left form me to do but to change all of 100p, 15p and 10p caps with multilayer ones and we will see.. Can I do smething more to get better stabillity?
    Best Regards
    Some questions:

    General tech discussions on all types of metal detectors: VLF, 2-box, BFO, off-resonance, PLL, etc. Questions, ideas, and anything else that moves you.


    -SB
    Last edited by simonbaker; 08-07-2009, 05:47 PM. Reason: make link

    Leave a comment:


  • Darko
    replied
    lf353

    Thanks Max.
    The local supplier offers only P version of LF353. My TGSL working unstable with good nuled coil and that was reason why I start thinking about P mark on this IC. Now, there's noting left form me to do but to change all of 100p, 15p and 10p caps with multilayer ones and we will see.. Can I do smething more to get better stabillity?
    Best Regards

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by Darko View Post
    What is the diference between LF353N and LF353P.
    In practice ?

    None.

    The N version is low-cost plastic dual in line; the P version is plastic dual in line.

    In practice, some brand use N for "normal",meaning low-cost mass produced parts and occasionally also P for other production lot of same range.

    Different manifacturers uses different suffix for same range of devices.

    You can then safely assume there will be no relevant difference between an LF353N and an LF353P.

    Things are different, instead, if you get LF353AN: in that last case the A means the part is better than average/common parts.

    This is an old convention due maybe to Texas Instruments labeling system.

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • Darko
    replied
    Hi to all

    What is the diference between LF353N and LF353P.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    "...low minerals.."
    Yes, you got that right! Tejon is extra deep detector.....but it chatters much for my taste! I had chance to test it outdoor. It is very deep. And it chatters constantly!
    A bit solace is in fact that ..for example; coin signal differs significantly from ordinary chatter so operater can easilly distinguish good signal among all those chatters.
    Same behavior i experienced with XP detectors; more with one on 4.6kHz and a bit less with one on 18kHz....
    All this noticed when mentioned machines are adjusted to run pretty hot. Otherwise those are not deep at all - those are average.

    So... our TGSL is not bad at all....after all! Even when it is adjusted to run very hot - it remains pretty calm and cool!

    That's why i LOVE TGSL and also respect much Minelab Musketeer Colt. Colt is extra cool even when adjusted to run 100% hot! I like it! Small beast!

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    I had chance to see Vaquero. Nice machine. Tejon looks even better. Reffering Vaquero; i measured coil....right now i dont have notebook with those datas, yet i remember datas were pretty close to Minelab coils!!??? Something arround 1mH and 16mH!?? So...what i done? I connected 39cm Minelab Relic Hawk DD coil to Vaquero and guess what? It was worked excellent and very deep!
    I also spotted some long chip inside. Didnt have time to examine it closer. Also there was some sticky label on it, covering its original label. I guess it would be hard to copy it, cose of that chip..Not sure what it is?
    I had Vaquero just for half hour to test and examine..so i didnt have enough time...
    Tejon sounds like excellent super sensitive machine, good basic controls. Just reading other peoples' experience maybe best for soil with low minerals, but who knows. It would be interesting to compare circuitry on Vaquero, Tejon, Lobo. Some day in future...

    -SB

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    I had chance to see Vaquero. Nice machine. Tejon looks even better. Reffering Vaquero; i measured coil....right now i dont have notebook with those datas, yet i remember datas were pretty close to Minelab coils!!??? Something arround 1mH and 16mH!?? So...what i done? I connected 39cm Minelab Relic Hawk DD coil to Vaquero and guess what? It was worked excellent and very deep!
    I also spotted some long chip inside. Didnt have time to examine it closer. Also there was some sticky label on it, covering its original label. I guess it would be hard to copy it, cose of that chip..Not sure what it is?
    I had Vaquero just for half hour to test and examine..so i didnt have enough time...

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    Yes i support and understand your attitude. Besides...i experimented much also. Thinking......again must be the coil, cose really original TX/RX at TGS does not need some modifications, it works very clean and good. Like i posted so many times in the past; i dont like only audio part at it.
    TGS/TGSL needs mostly better audio. I gained better audio...much better, with last BD140 mod. Yet...it is half way to become good. Not satisfied yet.
    I would be more happy to see various ideas on that subject here.
    TGS/TGSL the way it is projected now is splendid coinshooter. Maybe needs more power to go deeper on larger items and for sure needs much better audio. I am to much occupied latelly to continue my works on it. Also Eldorado now looks more promising to me. If i ever continue to deal with that i will rather take Eldorado as starting platform for experimenting.
    Cheers!

    I hope someday you can look at Vaquero -- that is purest machine I think. But too new I guess. Standard coil is concentric with very small center coil, but it gets good depth -- how??! Electronics must be very good.

    We'll look forward to your work with Eldorado!

    Regards,

    -SB

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X