Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TESORO GOLDEN SABRE

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by Ultimate_Haze View Post
    Simonbaker,
    Can you make some conclusions?
    No matter what I try so far this last TGSL just refuse to work like it should.
    Now after so many coils I am shore that coil is problem that can't solve so far.
    I use 0,25 bare wire.0,27 with varnish.

    Old DD27 that were made for previous TGSL device.:
    C12 .096
    C15 .161
    TX 6,21mH 27,9
    RX 6,77mH 29,1
    13kHz
    nulled to .050

    OO coil
    C12 -.073
    C15 -.325 Why both -
    13,7kHz
    TX 6.00 26,6
    RX 6,58 27,6
    nulled to .200

    Both coils shielded.And sealed with epoxy.But I still have this poor performance.Low sens.1 euro coin at 22-23cm.
    RX cap is 15N.Now I put 100k pot for.GEB.

    My last /still not shielded and sealed coil/isD27
    TX 5,93mH 26,7
    RX 6,58mH 28,0
    13,9 kHz
    C12 .209
    C15 -1.185


    I now that I miss something and just looking for solution.Because I like this project.
    Hi,
    the frequency is wrong... too low.

    Must fit in 14Khz to 14.7Khz (about) to get it work and reasonably well.

    Try to stay in the middle or in the range at least.

    So, try to match TX frequency first... add turns if needed. The device is strict on that param about proper disc etc... also at lower freq you lose efficiency at voltage converter though you have small variations and not so big issue in your case about that.

    If wanna make it run on higher or lower freq you must change components expecially at disc section... otherwise don't work any good, cannot balance etc.

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • Ultimate_Haze
    replied
    Simonbaker,
    Can you make some conclusions?
    No matter what I try so far this last TGSL just refuse to work like it should.
    Now after so many coils I am shore that coil is problem that can't solve so far.
    I use 0,25 bare wire.0,27 with varnish.

    Old DD27 that were made for previous TGSL device.:
    C12 .096
    C15 .161
    TX 6,21mH 27,9
    RX 6,77mH 29,1
    13kHz
    nulled to .050

    OO coil
    C12 -.073
    C15 -.325 Why both -
    13,7kHz
    TX 6.00 26,6
    RX 6,58 27,6
    nulled to .200

    Both coils shielded.And sealed with epoxy.But I still have this poor performance.Low sens.1 euro coin at 22-23cm.
    RX cap is 15N.Now I put 100k pot for.GEB.

    My last /still not shielded and sealed coil/isD27
    TX 5,93mH 26,7
    RX 6,58mH 28,0
    13,9 kHz
    C12 .209
    C15 -1.185


    I now that I miss something and just looking for solution.Because I like this project.

    Leave a comment:


  • DEMAC
    replied
    balancing tgsl coil

    Originally posted by talasumo View Post
    Hi guys i made TGSL,work fine but low sensitivity 1euro coin in 20cm Can you tell me with perfectly balanced coil how is Vp-p on pin 7 on U101a?
    there are so much variables to say xxxmv!!Better use the Ivconic's genial
    system,put a coin on nylon wire or so,balance it,move coil,until you get max signal.(start with 22cm or so).sounds crazy,but is VERY EFFECTIVE!!

    Leave a comment:


  • talasumo
    replied
    pin 7

    Hi guys i made TGSL,work fine but low sensitivity 1euro coin in 20cm Can you tell me with perfectly balanced coil how is Vp-p on pin 7 on U101a?

    Leave a comment:


  • Aiko
    replied
    Guys, I am sorry for this false alert - this morning I checked all elements again and I found an error. One of the capacitors in TX circuit was wrong – 220 n in place of 22 n. The device is working very well now. I will make some tests and I will write again.

    Regards!

    Leave a comment:


  • Aiko
    replied
    The assembly of my new TGSL with Mono Stable is completed. Unfortunately the device did not work well. It beeps without a break. I tried with mono stable and without it – the same beeping. When I put my finger on the metallic body of some transistor the device calm quiet and start to detect, but very bad with bad sound.
    Guys please take a look on the pictures and make suggestions, what can be wrong! Thank you in advance! Regards!




    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by Aiko View Post
    Thanks max - did you see any errors at first look? I have a really nice and compact standard box for this project. I will show the final result.

    Regards!
    Hi,
    at first look (very rapid) I didn't spot mistakes, but you must consider that I'm a bit drunk at now...(I'm returning from a party) so, don't take that for sure!

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • Aiko
    replied
    Thanks max - did you see any errors at first look? I have a really nice and compact standard box for this project. I will show the final result.

    Regards!

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by Aiko View Post
    It is almost done

    Nice PCB work. Congratulations.

    This design (big part is Ivconic's original TGSL pcb) is really interesting cause give consistent noise reduction... then you have different audio you can play/wire on it... no need of extra boards.

    It's good if you don't care much about space required for control box.

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • Aiko
    replied
    It is almost done

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Originally posted by Molzar View Post
    Simon,

    On Tesoro TGS:

    Nickel and foil no response.

    Copper and silver good response at ~16 cm.

    Handmade version is on bench and not operational at the time. Also have no easy way to hook up to 8" concentric coil connector.

    Molzar
    Thank you Molzar!

    That helps understand better if TGSL handmade is working like original.

    (By comparison, with new Tesoro Compadre (180 deg discrim), turning discrim all way to max can eliminate all targets, I think.)

    Regards,

    -SB

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by Molzar View Post
    Simon,

    On Tesoro TGS:

    Nickel and foil no response.

    Copper and silver good response at ~16 cm.

    Handmade version is on bench and not operational at the time. Also have no easy way to hook up to 8" concentric coil connector.

    Molzar
    On original coil ?

    Broke a crt monitor stuff... detach the socket at base of crt... then broke it... you get small things that can use to connect to each pin of original connector...

    just insulate them with tape.

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • Molzar
    replied
    Simon,

    On Tesoro TGS:

    Nickel and foil no response.

    Copper and silver good response at ~16 cm.

    Handmade version is on bench and not operational at the time. Also have no easy way to hook up to 8" concentric coil connector.

    Molzar

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Originally posted by Molzar View Post
    Simon,

    1) Yes, Frequency for Tx is correct. ~13.98KHz

    2) 8" Concentric coil (open centre)

    Tx = 23.04 ohms, 5.43mH, Q 1.48
    Rx = 23.37 ohms, 6.36mH, Q 1.71

    3) Yes, .015 uF (15nF)

    Hope this helps,

    Molzar
    Hi Molzar:

    Thanks again for data.

    Would you check another thing with your Tesoro TGS?

    If you put discrimination on maximum setting, can you check what targets are accepted and what depth? (try nickel coin, foil, copper coin, silver coin).

    Also can you do the same with your hand-built TGS?

    I would like to know these examples for reference.

    Thanks very much,

    -SB

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by salim View Post
    hi im starting TESORO GOLDEN SABRE project but in my country i have this kind of lm308



    can i use it instead the other component can some one help me to adapt it to typon


    thanks
    Hi,
    LM308AH (the metallic case kind) is fairly superior vs the plastic dip one. You can use... and with good results.

    Just you need to solder them on board and don't make mistakes with pinout... download its datasheet before making troubles... they are a bit pricey in some places but are worth.

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X