TGSL + P.P.
Ok now is complete....
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
TESORO GOLDEN SABRE
Collapse
X
-
Hi,Originally posted by ivconic View PostGood thing to add on TGSL is PP mode..so
Let there be rock!
that's interesting... I think will be the only important feature missed in original design!
I'm doing pinpointers these days...
Found a schematic posted by KT315 of an Automax pinpointer... uhm... I've mounted on perfboard in 30 minutes... and say what ? It works cool!
It get 1 eur at 2inches easy... and more with other stuff... like 2eur coins that's enough for me to say it works just cool!
Just I had to add some mods... and use an guessed coil cause I have no data about!
So... I think I will pack it and use on the field very soon.
If anyone interested I could provide data for coil and other missing parts...
The mod of above is interesting for some new revision of the gift-pack...
Kind regards,
Max
Leave a comment:
-
LET THERE BE ROCK !!!
Good thing to add on TGSL is PP mode..so
Let there be rock!
Attached Files
Leave a comment:
-
R47, R55
Are R47, R55 (4K7 resistors on final LM393 output) on TGSL 1265 PCB? Don't see them.
Sorry if repeat question
. (annoying we can't search small words.)
Cheers!
-SB
Leave a comment:
-
We say the same thing...Originally posted by ivconic View PostTrust me, chatters are not coil related and dependant. After 30 coils so far i am free to claim that.
Even now with center tapped coil chatters are present...
Not to mention 26 devices so far. Chatters on every one.
Ha,ha...recently i tested original Vaquero - chatters there also!??
What to say?
But what is really strange ; outdoor, on soil, chatters are rare??? Ocassionall.....without any rule??
I mean interferences... outdoor are less... but sometimes make it sing macarena! 
I have a couple of places where TGS sings quite well... but are "hot" places: near is a powerful radar complex... and lot of cables in the soil!
So... these are not good examples of neutral soil...
Kind regards,
Max
Leave a comment:
-
Trust me, chatters are not coil related and dependant. After 30 coils so far i am free to claim that.
Even now with center tapped coil chatters are present...
Not to mention 26 devices so far. Chatters on every one.
Ha,ha...recently i tested original Vaquero - chatters there also!??
What to say?
But what is really strange ; outdoor, on soil, chatters are rare??? Ocassionall.....without any rule??
Leave a comment:
-
Hi,Originally posted by ivconic View PostI was tired today to experiment a bit more. You know what? Now iron is not that hard rejected as with previous coils. With previous coils iron was hard to detect even in All Metal mode.GEB trimmer was approx. at middle point. Disc was "slow", man had to turn it more to up to reject foil. Now, iron is detectable even in Disc mode at "1" to "2", over "2" is rejected totally. Ferrite rod is not detectable any more at all. In both modes turning GEB trimmer fully from minus to plus ferrite rod remains not detectable at all???
1e coin is bairly detectable!? Other hand, nickel is very good detectable!?
Day after tomorrow i am expecting new oscilloscope to get (finally), so i will not perform "wild and blind" experiments any more. Day after tomorrow i will perform full experiments and finally make some conclusions.
Although present situation with center tapped coil is not yet clear, i have strong feeling that it will perform much better than ordinary coil. Why? I cant explain, i just have such strong feeling.
Please give me some suggestions...
P.S. it is obvious that phase is shifted more here... Question is; will be more easy now to GEB it on real soil...or not? Further...those infamous chatters....are those will exist again? So far i think those will exist. It is not about coil, it is about something on pcb...
don't know... the chatters still could reappear on soil... I hope they will disappear forever... but till now no coil solved them totally. I tested with many coils... like DD22, 9x8'' and the large, usual, 11'' DD as you. With all the TGS form time to time exibit chatters at max sens when on soil... with complete ground balancing.
But I don't tested with center tapped coils....at least I tested with the original 9x8 by tesoro but I don't know if it's center tapped.
I think that sometimes it's due to currents flowing in the soil like where powerlines are involved... but other times the origin is unknown... probably an unknown VLF emission strong enough to make it sound and become instable at max sens. This sure must sum with internal noise that's another big issue.
Maybe the center tapped coil will solve that ? I hope so... will be really a good news just forgetting chatters forever!
Kind regards,
Max
Leave a comment:
-
Center taped RX coil (center connected to ground) will have a better noise rejection on cables. Using the coil in differential mode, the noise typically will be same on the coil cables and on differential mode, they will be subtracted out. This will increase the SNR.Originally posted by ivconic View PostI was tired today to experiment a bit more. You know what? Now iron is not that hard rejected as with previous coils. With previous coils iron was hard to detect even in All Metal mode.GEB trimmer was approx. at middle point. Disc was "slow", man had to turn it more to up to reject foil. Now, iron is detectable even in Disc mode at "1" to "2", over "2" is rejected totally. Ferrite rod is not detectable any more at all. In both modes turning GEB trimmer fully from minus to plus ferrite rod remains not detectable at all???
1e coin is bairly detectable!? Other hand, nickel is very good detectable!?
Day after tomorrow i am expecting new oscilloscope to get (finally), so i will not perform "wild and blind" experiments any more. Day after tomorrow i will perform full experiments and finally make some conclusions.
Although present situation with center tapped coil is not yet clear, i have strong feeling that it will perform much better than ordinary coil. Why? I cant explain, i just have such strong feeling.
Please give me some suggestions...
P.S. it is obvious that phase is shifted more here... Question is; will be more easy now to GEB it on real soil...or not? Further...those infamous chatters....are those will exist again? So far i think those will exist. It is not about coil, it is about something on pcb...
The LC oscillator is heavly loaded (impedance). Maybe a high input impedance op-amp buffer (~100 k) could be used and then fed to the circuit parts. Keeping the LC oscillator loading low will stabilize the LC oscillator.
It could bring some improvements. But the experiment should proof this one day.

Aziz
Leave a comment:
-
Originally posted by amtech2005 View PostHello Ivconic , Max . Are all tesoro coils center tapped ??? Also Qiaozhi pointed out , some tesoro coils are designed to be out of phase for pre-discrimination , is this on all Tesoro coils ????...........Thanks ...........Eugene
I really dont know. That is what i intend to establish..sooner or later.
Leave a comment:
-
Originally posted by wild_desert View PostDon't mistake friends
MicroSim Pspice is not baby toy ... I made many circuits with aid of it from 1995 to now. I have dialup connection and 60MB upload is unpractical to send it fou you.
Just change R5 from 100K to 220K so TGSL works with every Coil
... believe ... test it
R5 is just part of "fuse" stage there, does not have any relation with what you are suggesting here!?
Leave a comment:
-
Originally posted by Aziz View PostWell done ivconic!
Please make a 1 Euro coin benchmark test (air-test).
Aziz
I was tired today to experiment a bit more. You know what? Now iron is not that hard rejected as with previous coils. With previous coils iron was hard to detect even in All Metal mode.GEB trimmer was approx. at middle point. Disc was "slow", man had to turn it more to up to reject foil. Now, iron is detectable even in Disc mode at "1" to "2", over "2" is rejected totally. Ferrite rod is not detectable any more at all. In both modes turning GEB trimmer fully from minus to plus ferrite rod remains not detectable at all???
1e coin is bairly detectable!? Other hand, nickel is very good detectable!?
Day after tomorrow i am expecting new oscilloscope to get (finally), so i will not perform "wild and blind" experiments any more. Day after tomorrow i will perform full experiments and finally make some conclusions.
Although present situation with center tapped coil is not yet clear, i have strong feeling that it will perform much better than ordinary coil. Why? I cant explain, i just have such strong feeling.
Please give me some suggestions...
P.S. it is obvious that phase is shifted more here... Question is; will be more easy now to GEB it on real soil...or not? Further...those infamous chatters....are those will exist again? So far i think those will exist. It is not about coil, it is about something on pcb...
Leave a comment:
-
Trust Simulation
Don't mistake friends
MicroSim Pspice is not baby toy ... I made many circuits with aid of it from 1995 to now. I have dialup connection and 60MB upload is unpractical to send it fou you.
Just change R5 from 100K to 220K so TGSL works with every Coil
... believe ... test it
Leave a comment:
-
TESORO GOLDEN SABRE
Hello Ivconic , Max . Are all tesoro coils center tapped ??? Also Qiaozhi pointed out , some tesoro coils are designed to be out of phase for pre-discrimination , is this on all Tesoro coils ????...........Thanks ...........Eugene
Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: