Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TESORO GOLDEN SABRE

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by amtech2005 View Post
    Please everyone , do not PANIC . We are just discussing or talking about worst case scenarios. I do not want this forum to shut-down. I am just thinking the worst , because of what was said "YESTERDAY" about the Forums memory freeze , and the Geotech Server Crashing !!!. We were told that this forum is in "NO DANGER". As for Carl and his career at Whites , that is great and I congratulate him. But everyone needs to know , that hundreds of people everyday depend on this forum , some need this forum for their work which effects their income. People prospect or search with electronic Metal Detectors/Devices to make their living and some even build in "quantity" electronic Metal Detector/Devices to make their living. So keeping Geotech Forum "ALIVE" is very important , and so this topic is very important.............Eugene
    Well... I'm here just for fun! But sure will be less fun if this forum will disappear... I hope will be not so.

    I think people here understand this is the #1 technical TH and metal detecting forum on the whole planet. Will be a real lost for THunters, electronic people and the hobby if this place will shut-down.

    Personally I don't think White's will have anything to say about this... apart taking the usual confidential agreement with Carl... as required in those cases.

    Just this I think... don't see why they could be interested in forum's activities expecially if carried on by other members... expecially cause here aren't any promotional activities... or revealing secrets , confidential informations...that could damage White's and promote anyone else.

    I simply think that big players have much to gain from place like this... people exchange ideas and report about detectors and technologies... and all this keep hi the interest of new potential customers! Keep the forums alive means also keep the hobby alive actracting new people everyday.

    Just took a look at hundreds of currently active people here...

    Anyway, just my thoughts.

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • amtech2005
    replied
    TESORO GOLDEN SABRE

    Please everyone , do not PANIC . We are just discussing or talking about worst case scenarios. I do not want this forum to shut-down. I am just thinking the worst , because of what was said "YESTERDAY" about the Forums memory freeze , and the Geotech Server Crashing !!!. We were told that this forum is in "NO DANGER". As for Carl and his career at Whites , that is great and I congratulate him. But everyone needs to know , that hundreds of people everyday depend on this forum , some need this forum for their work which effects their income. People prospect or search with electronic Metal Detectors/Devices to make their living and some even build in "quantity" electronic Metal Detector/Devices to make their living. So keeping Geotech Forum "ALIVE" is very important , and so this topic is very important.............Eugene

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    Aint no substitution for Geotech! "Shut down.." No! B I G - N O !!!
    If it need, we all will gather and preclude Carl to shut it down.
    The hell with White's ! This forum is more important!
    Agree!

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Aint no substitution for Geotech! "Shut down.." No! B I G - N O !!!
    If it need, we all will gather and preclude Carl to shut it down.
    The hell with White's ! This forum is more important!

    BTW
    if some money is involved in this forum maintenance, than i suggest we
    all to send some money to some choosen account and support this
    forum.

    Leave a comment:


  • amtech2005
    replied
    TESORO GOLDEN SABRE

    Hello , I guess R-57 can be soldered at 90 degrees and mounted on the front panel , and then the little "555 circuit Board" is secure !! Then you can adjust audio-delay while out digging in the dirt . NOW , Off topic Slightly , and one big question for Ivconic is: If Geotech Forum were to shutdown can Hobi-Detektor site handle several thousand new members ??? No one wants to be homeless . I know Carl , the administrator here , does not want that to happen , but this is just "if a worst case scenario were to happen" it would be nice to see everyone Grouped together again and Hobi Detektor is a Great Site Also !!! Take Care Everyone........Eugene

    Leave a comment:


  • eclipse
    replied
    nakky no a problem, no hard feelings, i told you
    I was very impressed by the feedback from this schematic, so im building it!
    Fred i believe if i have good ground plane i will avoid those problems, i think you mean parasitic noise, comming from the closed placed connections.
    and Max wonderfull work with the coil construction, you took away my blindness when it comes to coil construction.
    I will inform you for the progress of building.
    I have few changes on the schematic going, they are starting to take a shape.. you will see soon
    Thanks!

    Leave a comment:


  • Fred
    replied
    Originally posted by eclipse View Post
    Thanks Max. On later stage (when pcb is done, coils are wind) i will probably need some
    help to adjust with the scope, thank god i have o-scope...
    First i will remake the board, i like the things ultra crowded and so it will fit in the box i have.
    I will post pictures when the work in progress has something visual to show
    Ultra crowded is not so good, and "may" bring you problems.The fact that Ivconic circuit is tested and works well is important.
    Coils should be 5.9 and 6.5mh, the best if you want to use a diferent diameter form is to wound and measure the coil, then remove turns untill you get the right value.You can have an idea of how many turns by using a calculator.I posted one some time ago on this thread.
    Don“t forget that when you tighten the coil inductance will increase a lot, i would say ~0.5mH...
    regards,
    Fred.

    Leave a comment:


  • nakky
    replied
    nakky i don't remember putting a gun to anyone's head saying:
    "gimme yar coil data or i shoot", if anyone is pleased to help me - great!
    I found coil data for concentric, but not for 2D -27sm.
    BTW you are loosing your time too, writing this reply
    no offence i really need some help on the coil
    Sorry Eclipse,I have a bad day .Grt Nakky.

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by eclipse View Post
    Thanks Max. On later stage (when pcb is done, coils are wind) i will probably need some
    help to adjust with the scope, thank god i have o-scope...
    First i will remake the board, i like the things ultra crowded and so it will fit in the box i have.
    I will post pictures when the work in progress has something visual to show
    Hi,
    the pictures are here... take a look... you could get an idea of former dimensions.



    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • eclipse
    replied
    Thanks Max. On later stage (when pcb is done, coils are wind) i will probably need some
    help to adjust with the scope, thank god i have o-scope...
    First i will remake the board, i like the things ultra crowded and so it will fit in the box i have.
    I will post pictures when the work in progress has something visual to show

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by eclipse View Post
    nakky i don't remember putting a gun to anyone's head saying:
    "gimme yar coil data or i shoot", if anyone is pleased to help me - great!
    I found coil data for concentric, but not for 2D -27sm.
    BTW you are loosing your time too, writing this reply
    no offence i really need some help on the coil

    edit:
    Tesoro coils : think you could use an early lobo design (dd type) params are:
    (data from an old kt315 post)

    rx 1.35mH 12ohm
    tx 10mH 55ohm

    Any ideas number of windings/wire diameter?
    Hi,
    recipe of coil is different from other tesoro's... here just uMax detectors could use it, like TGS:

    wire is enamelled 30AWG (0.25mm bare copper, 0.27-0.28 with varnish)

    DD27cm diameter
    100 turns for TX
    105 turns for RX
    resistance is for both around 20ohm

    I've posted some pictures about coil making... find them for more details.

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • eclipse
    replied
    nakky i don't remember putting a gun to anyone's head saying:
    "gimme yar coil data or i shoot", if anyone is pleased to help me - great!
    I found coil data for concentric, but not for 2D -27sm.
    BTW you are loosing your time too, writing this reply
    no offence i really need some help on the coil

    edit:
    Tesoro coils : think you could use an early lobo design (dd type) params are:
    (data from an old kt315 post)

    rx 1.35mH 12ohm
    tx 10mH 55ohm

    Any ideas number of windings/wire diameter?

    Leave a comment:


  • nakky
    replied
    Use search,save others time writing and writing again .Nakky.

    Leave a comment:


  • eclipse
    replied
    OK guys looks like you've done quite a lot team work here to make this wonderfull (simple&nice) schematic. I got just one question:
    since i got coil housing for 2D (27sm dia), what are the coil windings and wire type for this search coil? The topic is quite big, if you can save me time reading it, if it is already discussed would be most appriciated.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Pay attention on fet orientation. I draw it with orientation for J107, which is completelly reversed than BF245. So put BF245 reversed...

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X