Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TESORO GOLDEN SABRE

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by eclipse View Post
    What about the dicrimination, you all say it's good.
    Originally posted by eclipse View Post
    I've red the discrimination in Tesoro circuits isn't that good, is
    it the same with TGSL it has better disc than the 'normal' models from Tesoro?

    Todays.. bunch of people are trying to attract more public attentions by claiming stupid claims. Usually they are not awared what are they talking about. It is very usuall those kind of people are totall ignorants without elementar knowledge.

    On forums like this one and simillars, that kind of people are oftenly posting bunch of lunatc,stupid and totally ignorant statements.

    Eclipse, do not pay attention of what supid and ignorant people are saying.
    Instead...if you are interested a bit more in this subject; sit and do some work.
    Make detectors, test those and establish your own experience.
    Without your own experience and attitude you will become easy "victim" of such nonsences produced by total idiots. 80% of world population are naive laics.

    Instead asking to many general questions, you better start working something for real.
    Otherwise ... lay off any detailed dealing with this subject. Just buy some good detector and go outdoor for fun.
    Regards!


    P.S.

    I am pretty tired of seeing so many general,non interesting and non productive rethorics here...mostly stupid questions..

    90% of articels,posts and rethorics here are non productive at all.

    Still this forum is much more productive than any other on the internet.
    Considering this man can only be horrified with global situation in this sad world.

    Leave a comment:


  • eclipse
    replied
    What about the dicrimination, you all say it's good.
    I've red the discrimination in Tesoro circuits isn't that good, is
    it the same with TGSL it has better disc than the 'normal' models from Tesoro?

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    One more proof that this is not an issue at all (having chatters and falses when boosted to maximum) is recent testing of Tesoro Vaquero 2 Germany.

    It is splendid detector. I was delited with it. Yet...same as with TGSL, Vaquero also showed huge instabillity and ocassional chatters when Sense was adjusted on more than "7".

    Again, not an issue cose even adjusted to lower than "7" Vaquero is very good on depths...
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Now...one more thing;
    it is often case TGS/TGSL to produce ocassional chatters and falses.Oftenly in All Metal mode,rarelly in Disc mode, so as i noticed. Especially if Sensitivity is adjusted high, usually over "8"..
    Simillar case is almost with all other types of VLF metal detectors i saw so far. So as i posted in the past, Minelab Musketeer is having same behaviour.
    I reconsidered this many times.
    TGSL is very stabille, you can move coil,punch it,swing cable...still perfectly stabille neither one false or chatter. But those still apears from time to time.
    Problem lays inside machine, not coming from coil and cable, i am sure!

    One of possible explanation could be Quiaozhi's earlier remark on comparators hysterezis. So i checked those. But hysterezis exist there and it is pretty good soluted.Comparators inputs are fed with enough signal to keep those calm...

    Next possible cause could be something arround threshold stage. I experimentd much arround it...have found nothing so bad to cause simillar problems.

    And finally my last doubts are on this one (posted pic).
    From collector of 2N2907, signal is fed to GEB/DISC stage.
    That connection is very criticall!
    100pF pass capacitor MUST be HIGH quality. I am also not sure about proper signal amplitude there!? If it is too high than it may cause ocassional problems...and if it is to low ...same case also!

    How to establish proper signal amplitude there? How to stabilize it...to have no "jumps" ?
    It is very critical - it affects phase very much. Could shift phase and distort Disc range dramatically.
    I am working on this,though i could use some extra help here


    P.S.
    I will repeat again; TGSL even like this, is very,very stabille.If Sense is "8" and lower, and Disc mode is ON...than no falses and chatters at all.
    But where is progress if i leave it like that and stay satisfied? No way!
    I will push this more and more to make it perfectly stabille with Sense adjusted to maximum and to stay like that in All metal mode also!
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    ....
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Now...previous was one pcb version, without latest mod. You can always add "piggy" over it and include that mod.
    This one is also Gold Bug2 pcb version, but full TGSL included and splitted on 2 pcbs. On second pcb mod is included. There are correctly matched points on both pcbs. Put hard wires through those holes, solder to both pcbs and larger will hold smaller, no need for extra holders than.

    Enjoy!


    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    ...
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    I have pretty broken Fisher Gold Bug2, some parts missing,dont have schematic....
    So..the hell with Bug 2. I used its enclosure (same case as with CZ5,1265..).
    But that enclosure is a bit smaller than 1265 so i draw new pcb for it.
    For those intereseted...

    You will notice some parts are missing. After considering it good i decided to reject "fuse" part from oscillator stage. Occupying some space on pcb yet showed as uselles so far...
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by tiktak View Post
    Hi,
    I can see some diferances.
    What do you think Ivconic?
    I think you saw it right. DD coil we made so far doesnt have center tap.
    Maybe is time to experiment and make one with center tap.
    Next coil i will make in that manner. I will report results.
    Regards!

    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    Hi,

    Hi,
    Shape,wiring?
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    Hi,

    Hi,
    I can see some diferances.
    What do you think Ivconic?
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    Hi,

    Hi,
    Ivica.
    Exelent work as aweys!
    Great.I am almost ready with the PCB.I will try it soon.
    But I am curies what you found?

    3) you must use hi-quality mass,filler to fix and harden both coils togather to maintain good null for ever ( after many years of experimenting finally i founded almost same mass used at Fisher and Minelab coils..)

    What is it?
    Thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Thanks for cable connector info.

    I'm checking TGSL schematic and my eyes do not see a transistor TR3, is that correct?

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by simonbaker View Post
    Thanks everybody for the connector information.

    I hope for two things:

    1) inline connector, male-female, instead of mounted in case. What are good connectors for this?

    2) Also compatible with Tesoro coils. Is this realistic?

    Questions:

    1) do Tesoro coils come with cable permanently attached or by connector?
    2) can TGSL be designed to use real Tesoro coils, or is that nuts?

    Thanks for your experience.

    SB
    Hi,
    1) inline connector ? why not... will work too. There are similar low freq connectors that made this... you could also checkout cannon (used for audio, microphones) connectors... they are high quality , but remember the metal part of them must not swing otherwise you'll get false signals cause of that.

    2) difficault to find... for example I have original 9x8'' from tesoro... and I changed original connector....5 ways (with ring-screw not bayonet). It's a problem with it if you haven't an original tesoro detector... difficault to find socket for it.

    3) all tesoro coils have connector... soldered to cable. You can swap coils... cause of that connector stuff. It's rare today a detector has just one coil attached... and no connector.

    4) already explained by Ivconic: you can, and it works. But , I have to say, on 9x8'' I have performance that are good but sure not as good as with the 11'' homemade for TGS.
    I found also that my 9x8'' works better when on my BandidoII than with TGS.
    9x8'' is very nice, expecially at pinpointing and disc... less on depth.
    So... you can buy one and enjoy it but I think too an homemade suited to particular TGS is much better than a standard coil, expecially at depth.

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    "...2) can TGSL be designed to use real Tesoro coils, or is that nuts?.."

    TGSL is already designed to use real Tesoro coils....designed for TGS
    BTW labeling those manufactured at Tesoro as "real" makes me feel our coils here suppose to be "unreal" !?

    Ok...jokes aside, it is quite expectable TGSL to work very descent with original Tesoro coil designed for Tesoro Golden Sabre. Why not? Nothing really changed in TGSL except the fact that Notch stage is removed. Not a big deal. So if you have original coil for TGS for sure you can use it. No problem!
    Regards!
    Ha, ha, yes "real" is insult but not intended, your coils are super-real !.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X