Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TESORO GOLDEN SABRE

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    The Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq seems to be much heavier than expected at 1.59Kg.
    Whereas a Garrett GTAx1000 is 1.48Kg, a Bandido (not uMax) is 1.36Kg, and a Nexus Coronado is 1.3Kg by comparison.
    Hi,
    yes... some tesoro's are not 2.2lb like "light" models but something around 1.5Kg or even more (e.g. Tejon, Cortes) that mean +50% or more in weight.

    It's normal they are a bit more heavy cause of bigger e.g. case and similar... but +50% is great problem... also coils have some differences from e.g. the uMax series.

    Nexus seems have a very good weight-vs-performances.

    I'm really puzzled by Minelab's weights and Coiltek of course... too heavy for my taste.
    More weight on coil is also more and more forces on the shoulder/arm... cause of the shape of detectors and the fact that coil have to float at near-to-constant height from soil.

    What do you think of coiltek ones ?

    Best regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • nakky
    replied
    stem

    Originally posted by Max View Post
    Hi Nakky,
    thanks for the info. I think I could find one of the same type very easy and so saving some more weight.

    Kind regards,
    Max

    PS: commercial name is "monopod" or "unipod" for these single-leg devices... I have in mind a place where I saw 3 or 4 different models... very light: thanks again for the hint.
    Hi Max ,oke monopod or unipod,but with a tripod you have 3 stems Grt Nakky

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by Max View Post
    Hi Nelson,
    thanks for the informations. My actual weight is 1.9Kg with gel-cell 12v 1.2Ah
    and 1.63Kg with 10 NiMh cells ...the weight of lead-acid battery cell is around 450gr cause of lead... but at now I mount it for tests.

    I'm searching for some spare materials that could save some weight cause a 1.9Kg one is ok... but e.g. 1.2Kg is much better for e.g. shoulder/arm for long run.

    I think I can change the pole with PVC or better some fishrods-like carbonium/composite stem to save weight and keep pole very rigid... but for now just thoughts and ideas. I think I can gain 300gr less from that.

    Best regards,
    Max
    The Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq seems to be much heavier than expected at 1.59Kg.
    Whereas a Garrett GTAx1000 is 1.48Kg, a Bandido (not uMax) is 1.36Kg, and a Nexus Coronado is 1.3Kg by comparison.

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by nakky View Post
    Hi Max,I use onefoot photo-tripod very light.Grt Nakky.
    Hi Nakky,
    thanks for the info. I think I could find one of the same type very easy and so saving some more weight.

    Kind regards,
    Max

    PS: commercial name is "monopod" or "unipod" for these single-leg devices... I have in mind a place where I saw 3 or 4 different models... very light: thanks again for the hint.

    Leave a comment:


  • erolunall
    replied
    manuel

    hello all



    link is manuel for a tesero model
    best wishes
    Erol

    Leave a comment:


  • nakky
    replied
    stem

    Hi Max,I use onefoot photo-tripod very light.Grt Nakky.

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by nelson View Post
    Hi Max and thanks for such information about geb.

    About my TGS weigth, this is about 1.5 to 2 kg. The main support is made of aluminium and pvc. The detector case is the one show on my picture id posts, made on a pvc box with transparent cover, so you can see the circuit inside. The coil is housing on a piece of polyethene form, that you can molded to any shape you whant, very easy. I also use a plactic flowers base to hold the coils inside. The 12 volts, 1.2 amp battery is allocated on a pvc housing too.
    That´s it

    Regards

    Nelson
    Hi Nelson,
    thanks for the informations. My actual weight is 1.9Kg with gel-cell 12v 1.2Ah
    and 1.63Kg with 10 NiMh cells ...the weight of lead-acid battery cell is around 450gr cause of lead... but at now I mount it for tests.

    I'm searching for some spare materials that could save some weight cause a 1.9Kg one is ok... but e.g. 1.2Kg is much better for e.g. shoulder/arm for long run.

    I think I can change the pole with PVC or better some fishrods-like carbonium/composite stem to save weight and keep pole very rigid... but for now just thoughts and ideas. I think I can gain 300gr less from that.

    Best regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • nelson
    replied
    Hi Max and thanks for such information about geb.

    About my TGS weigth, this is about 1.5 to 2 kg. The main support is made of aluminium and pvc. The detector case is the one show on my picture id posts, made on a pvc box with transparent cover, so you can see the circuit inside. The coil is housing on a piece of polyethene form, that you can molded to any shape you whant, very easy. I also use a plactic flowers base to hold the coils inside. The 12 volts, 1.2 amp battery is allocated on a pvc housing too.
    That´s it

    Regards

    Nelson





    Originally posted by Max View Post
    Hi,
    LM308 have nothing to do with what you experienced. It's the same with 308 or e.g. TL081 about this thing.

    ApBerg and Quiaozhi gave you a good informations about what happens... look at silver response... I've made this test and it's reliable you must detect large silver coins and reject a ferrite stick or ring at say 5cm from coil. If not you'll have troubles on the real ground. I suggest you tune it for a medium soil where you know there is small mineralization due to iron oxides... but not too high cause otherwise you'll actually overbalance it.

    You have to reach a point where raising or lowering the coil (fast) from soil would not give any false signal in a point you have tested there isn't any metal buried. You can use another detector first to be sure there isn't metal and then tune geb trimpot of TGS.

    It's not easy at first attempt but you must repeat some times to be sure of your setting.

    Then another thing... TGS have GEB pot on PCB so it's not like bandidoII that has an external fine GEB pot for all kind of terrains... so you have to use a panel-pot if you plan to use TGS in too different soils with e.g. heavy mineralization etc cause otherwise you'll be surprised by too many false signals... but I noticed that GEB work good in a wide interval of conditions and just extreme need adjusting... but I'll wonder if these fixed-settings are good e.g. for australian soils!

    Nelson BTW what about weight of your TGS assembly , with coil and everything ?

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by nelson View Post
    Hi Max.
    Yesterday on field test, i experimented with GEB setting. When i set up geb to a level where ground balance was ok, TGS detect all coins, but when you try to detect a bigger pice of metal, like 10 by 4 cms. this detection was at about 4 cms. Then when you set back geb to it´s original position you can detect it at about 35 cms, but ground balance not good, losts of noises. Do you know anything about this or should i experiment with geb to the rest of it settings, cause this whas tested to a half of pot geb setting.
    I m also purchasing 125 LM308 at 45 cents each.
    Regards
    Nelson
    Hi,
    LM308 have nothing to do with what you experienced. It's the same with 308 or e.g. TL081 about this thing.

    ApBerg and Quiaozhi gave you a good informations about what happens... look at silver response... I've made this test and it's reliable you must detect large silver coins and reject a ferrite stick or ring at say 5cm from coil. If not you'll have troubles on the real ground. I suggest you tune it for a medium soil where you know there is small mineralization due to iron oxides... but not too high cause otherwise you'll actually overbalance it.

    You have to reach a point where raising or lowering the coil (fast) from soil would not give any false signal in a point you have tested there isn't any metal buried. You can use another detector first to be sure there isn't metal and then tune geb trimpot of TGS.

    It's not easy at first attempt but you must repeat some times to be sure of your setting.

    Then another thing... TGS have GEB pot on PCB so it's not like bandidoII that has an external fine GEB pot for all kind of terrains... so you have to use a panel-pot if you plan to use TGS in too different soils with e.g. heavy mineralization etc cause otherwise you'll be surprised by too many false signals... but I noticed that GEB work good in a wide interval of conditions and just extreme need adjusting... but I'll wonder if these fixed-settings are good e.g. for australian soils!

    Nelson BTW what about weight of your TGS assembly , with coil and everything ?

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by nelson View Post
    Hi Max.
    Yesterday on field test, i experimented with GEB setting. When i set up geb to a level where ground balance was ok, TGS detect all coins, but when you try to detect a bigger pice of metal, like 10 by 4 cms. this detection was at about 4 cms. Then when you set back geb to it´s original position you can detect it at about 35 cms, but ground balance not good, losts of noises. Do you know anything about this or should i experiment with geb to the rest of it settings, cause this whas tested to a half of pot geb setting.
    I m also purchasing 125 LM308 at 45 cents each.
    Regards
    Nelson
    The GEB sounds like it's working as expected. GEB stands for "Ground Exclusion Balance" and that's what it does. It is used to set the sample pulse for the GEB channel at a position where any response to the ground is excluded. i.e. it does not produce a signal when the coil is raised or lowered with no metal present. If you do this test in the air, then the correct sample point is at the zero-crossing of the RX signal measured at the input to the sample gate. If you don't have a scope then you can use a piece of ferrite to find the correct position. In reality the ground may contain some mineralization, and the GEB control will need to be adjusted slightly.
    The GEB is really only another discrimination control that is used to discriminate against ground, and incorrect adjustment will produce lots of false signals.
    Hope this helps.

    Leave a comment:


  • ApBerg
    replied
    Ground adjustpotmeter

    Hello Nelson.

    Look at what happens to silver if you adjust the ground pot.
    When wrong adjusted you can not detect silver coins !!

    Look at post no: 986 open the PDF

    The scope shows the fase shift for the goundpot in relation to the transmit signal.

    Succes.

    Ap

    Leave a comment:


  • nelson
    replied
    Hi Max.
    Yesterday on field test, i experimented with GEB setting. When i set up geb to a level where ground balance was ok, TGS detect all coins, but when you try to detect a bigger pice of metal, like 10 by 4 cms. this detection was at about 4 cms. Then when you set back geb to it´s original position you can detect it at about 35 cms, but ground balance not good, losts of noises. Do you know anything about this or should i experiment with geb to the rest of it settings, cause this whas tested to a half of pot geb setting.
    I m also purchasing 125 LM308 at 45 cents each.
    Regards
    Nelson


    Originally posted by Max View Post
    Hi Dino,
    congratulations... yes, it works good.

    First tone you ear everytime you switch it on is battery checker... if you ear no-sound or bleeping sound at start battery isn't good... but cause you use 12V 8Ah it'll require years to discharge... but is very heavy for field use !

    It last for 3-4 seconds... you can stop this behaviour pulling out the fet that go from the op. amp. output to the audio section transistor bc517/mpsa13 by a 1K resistor. Just pull the fet out of pcb or you can mount an e.g. jumper like in computer cards to disable/enable battery checker.

    Follow Ivconic's posts about.

    For testting is ok. Do you thing using it on the field ?

    For me it's really heavy... about 6Kg or more.

    I suggest you use a 12v 0.8Ah or 12V 1.2 Ah gel-type or 10 Nicd or NiMh cells with at least 700mAh capacity.

    -6.27 V is what we expect there, good.

    I've built bandidoII and the mark with -5V is wrong, as Carl already stated somewhere as I remember, ... actually theoric limit is -4V on -V rail... but it works with something around -3.2v on -V rail.

    It's good for it cause of special components. TGS have similar performances but the 2 design are different about components and some other things... like notch that bandidoII haven't and all-metal non-motion that TGS haven't ...though similar for other things.

    TGS need more about -6v at -V rail cause of components.

    Best regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by dino View Post
    Hello, well i finaly made my GS and i can say its wery good. Sensitivity is wery good, golden ring detect on 27cm, and im wery pleased with that, but i have some problem, its when i start GS on i keep get a tone in 6 to 7 seconds interval and then it disapier. Tone on detection over 10cm is wery weak, and i use NF MPSA13. Coils are made 255x137 RX 105 TX 100.Bipolar cond. 4,7mF 100V originaly. For TL062 i use LM393 and i have beter results. Batery 12V 8AH. Speaker 8ohm with added resistor 10ohm. Voltage +8V -6,27V. As on Tesoro Bandido for wich i have shematic power is +5V, would GS be beter with that?

    Regards Dino
    Hi Dino,
    congratulations... yes, it works good.

    First tone you ear everytime you switch it on is battery checker... if you ear no-sound or bleeping sound at start battery isn't good... but cause you use 12V 8Ah it'll require years to discharge... but is very heavy for field use !

    It last for 3-4 seconds... you can stop this behaviour pulling out the fet that go from the op. amp. output to the audio section transistor bc517/mpsa13 by a 1K resistor. Just pull the fet out of pcb or you can mount an e.g. jumper like in computer cards to disable/enable battery checker.

    Follow Ivconic's posts about.

    For testting is ok. Do you thing using it on the field ?

    For me it's really heavy... about 6Kg or more.

    I suggest you use a 12v 0.8Ah or 12V 1.2 Ah gel-type or 10 Nicd or NiMh cells with at least 700mAh capacity.

    -6.27 V is what we expect there, good.

    I've built bandidoII and the mark with -5V is wrong, as Carl already stated somewhere as I remember, ... actually theoric limit is -4V on -V rail... but it works with something around -3.2v on -V rail.

    It's good for it cause of special components. TGS have similar performances but the 2 design are different about components and some other things... like notch that bandidoII haven't and all-metal non-motion that TGS haven't ...though similar for other things.

    TGS need more about -6v at -V rail cause of components.

    Best regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • dino
    replied
    For Ivconic and Max

    Hello, well i finaly made my GS and i can say its wery good. Sensitivity is wery good, golden ring detect on 27cm, and im wery pleased with that, but i have some problem, its when i start GS on i keep get a tone in 6 to 7 seconds interval and then it disapier. Tone on detection over 10cm is wery weak, and i use NF MPSA13. Coils are made 255x137 RX 105 TX 100.Bipolar cond. 4,7mF 100V originaly. For TL062 i use LM393 and i have beter results. Batery 12V 8AH. Speaker 8ohm with added resistor 10ohm. Voltage +8V -6,27V. As on Tesoro Bandido for wich i have shematic power is +5V, would GS be beter with that?

    Regards Dino

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    uhm...

    I see Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro with 10''coil that weight about >2.4Kg so more than what I'll get from my homemade with spare parts!

    Damn !
    Isn't it heavy ?

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X