Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TESORO GOLDEN SABRE

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by tiktak View Post
    Hi,
    I can find 4046,but can it be used?
    This will be very easy to find!
    Hi,
    of course you could use it to make an audio frequency VCO, then got real voltage to freq. conversion. It's really easy to do.
    It's not only an old PLL ic... it has some interesting features and VCO is one.

    There is an interesting article of an homemade Tesla's coil that uses it for the 0-5 MHz range. Look at schematic.

    Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!


    Of course, you can change components values to get freq. range in the audible spectrum (from 0-20KHz).

    In GSabre there aren't voltage problems for its supply... where e.g. if you would put it in a bandidoII you'll have many problems due to small voltages involved on +V and -V rails.

    Then you need an audio power amplifier e.g. TBA820M, LM386, LM380, even TDA2003 (10W!) etc etc or just some transistor to give an audio bost.

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    Hi

    Hi,
    I can find 4046,but can it be used?
    This will be very easy to find!

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    Huh! It seems that i found even better solution!
    I was thinking to offer alteration for LM566 since
    somebody noted that it is hard to find in shops.
    Yes it is obsolete and rare.
    So i tried to find suitable substitution.
    But it turns to be also very interesting!
    Voltage to frequency converter!
    I havent checked it yet.First thing to do in the
    morning....
    Hi ivconic,
    nice tests.

    What about depth now ?

    I've 566 but you are right now it's very hard to find!

    I've two candidates (but maybe you already have thoughts about them):

    First thing that comes to my mind is ICL8038, that is a bit expensive but that you could use to mod sound in various ways (varing e.g. wave form , can do at same time sinus, triangle and square waveforms), adjusting freq. , adj. also duty cycle.

    It's still easy to find now and there are 100% compatible replacements.

    Of course, is a more complex solution but could give very interesting audio, add disc informations not just as freq. variations. Don't know if worth.

    Another simple that come to my mind now is the old (but good) cmos 4046 ic. Has internal VCO and you can control frequency using voltage on a vco control pin. Very cheap (0.70eur here), very good ic and really easy to find.


    Best regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    If you dont have 566

    Huh! It seems that i found even better solution!
    I was thinking to offer alteration for LM566 since
    somebody noted that it is hard to find in shops.
    Yes it is obsolete and rare.
    So i tried to find suitable substitution.
    But it turns to be also very interesting!
    Voltage to frequency converter!
    I havent checked it yet.First thing to do in the
    morning....
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    VCO

    Yes, here it is. I spend whole day experimenting with this mod.
    I made small "piggy" pcb and tested it first with Pulse IB
    Discriminator by Sascho. It improved it 50% and even more!
    So my expectations were great with TGS!
    Yes it is working with TGS, although i had to use extra J107
    to trigger LM566 input. Direct connection would not be possible
    due level differences. I did that during testing. A huge saturation
    occured in VCO! I tried everything;diode,resistor,capacitor...nothing!
    It worked,detection is audible but with a lot of noise and saturation.
    So i left initial idea and decided to use cheap trick; to trigger VCO
    input to gnd!!! Heh,heh,heh...showed as good solution...
    Sound is high-quality,no saturations,hums...nothing. Detection rises for
    5% or a bit more...There is possibility to adjust freq. and volume.
    Volume should be placed on front panel, freq. as trimmer on pcb.
    Treshold is very important.Should stay as preset on pcb also.
    During testing i tried to add divided signal from 4024 through those 3
    diodes.First all of those 3 togather,later one by one. It was interesting
    to see. A lot of noise! Squeeking and scratching in all possible combinations!
    It was possible to fine readjust it and find nice,clear audio...but showed
    as unstable after a while? Adding serial capacitor to VCO input also gave me
    a lot of fun! Police siren sound - when detecting occured! Heh,heh,heh!
    Obvious,as capacitor discharge VCO is changing frequency preseted limits...
    Later i abandoned that and decided to use fet as on posted schematic...
    Yes, this mod upgraded TGS audio. Now it is much better,louder and adjustable.
    But have to admit - i am a bit disapointed cose it worked like hell on Pulse IB
    Discriminator. Same sound as on Fisher CZ5! Soft,clear with slice delay.Superb!
    On TGS it remained simple...no delays...
    I suspect this is more suitable on detectors with "no-motion" mode.Should be
    tested on Silver Sabre in PP mode. Have hunch it will be jack pot!
    Dont know what to say!? I am still searching how to mod TGS audio to look like
    on damn CZ5!
    Try this, you wont be disapointed at all!

    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Nihil Roma Maius
    replied
    anyone that saw pictures of "inside Mineoro" by Alexis could laugh at this assertion if think that you may know that people!

    I'm sure you know them all! But that's my opinion.


    In the supossed case I know them, nothing to do with other kind of devices, all very different.

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by Nihil Roma Maius View Post
    Max wrote:

    Wire is wire!

    Look.

    There are qualities and qualities of wire! Japan Industrial Standard (JIS) are limited to metals with a purity of 99.99% (4N type) or less. There are 5N (99.999%), 6N (99.9999%), 7N (more high purity). The common actual uses is 99.9%. This appears a small difference, but in certain process is very important. There are many deffective wires. Some wires has microholes and the difference is in procedence and/or manufacturer.
    Hi,
    yes I know there are different!
    Have you downloaded from Internet , uhm ?

    Problem is that ehm don't know how to say:
    anyone that saw pictures of "inside Mineoro" by Alexis could laugh at this assertion if think that you may know that people!

    I'm sure you know them all! But that's my opinion.

    I use also fabric new wire... but never noticed any difference in making VLF coils, all work the same also if wire is recovered from motors, relays etc.

    I've beated Tesoro's original so many times with "used" wire that I laugh too for this, even not considering mineoro inside pictures.

    Anyway, if you have to construct a real precision device (e.g. a magnetocardiographic coil) you need that wire you said.
    But that's another story!
    Or you work at NASA ?

    For sure no VLF coil need that precision. You could even beat Coiltek using a solenoid wire. Every skilled homebrewer here can tell you.

    Ask Ivconic if you don't belive me.

    For our purposes: WIRE IS WIRE! I REPEAT SO YOU HAVE IT CLEAR!

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by Nihil Roma Maius View Post
    So he's trying to discredit me here

    Because you start provoking first.

    RObert was banned for insult to Admin. But Admin delete rapidly and few people read it. He use terms against admin as "be man", etc. Was banned before his post against admin. Don't worry, while you don't touch admin, no problem, you can post all the comics you want, and the admin permits the discredit of the forum causes by the comics.

    As I see, your signature appears in each post.

    If I have not patents (but there are but no international), what!!!


    But I can't see your coil, I'm sure you don't start it yet!
    Hi Nihil,
    c'mon stop that stupid "BS war" here. Serves nothing.

    Ok, you posted a picture of "IT", nice. Seems homemade.
    Like Esteban's stuff (I'm not saying that was made by Esteban, or Esteban have patented, just that looks like some stuff he posted before).

    The handle and box remainds me somehow at old 8mm film camera, but ,ok these are pictures, then I need some more details to understand if is just a box connected to an handle and a "directional coil-antenna" ? round plate seems same directional stuff enclosed in front of it.

    These are like Dell's picture that serves nothing to understand what we are talking about:
    - is it a commercial device ?
    - if so what's name/brand ?
    - can find a coin on surface soil from meters away ?

    - most important: what's physics operating principle ? (don't talk about patented stuff -application of principle- just physics)

    BTW I've enclosed coils ready (one original Tesoro). No need to wound others, same of bandidoII. I've posted some time ago, someone asked.

    Best regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • Nihil Roma Maius
    replied
    Max wrote:

    Wire is wire!

    Look.

    There are qualities and qualities of wire! Japan Industrial Standard (JIS) are limited to metals with a purity of 99.99% (4N type) or less. There are 5N (99.999%), 6N (99.9999%), 7N (more high purity). The common actual uses is 99.9%. This appears a small difference, but in certain process is very important. There are many deffective wires. Some wires has microholes and the difference is in procedence and/or manufacturer.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Nihil Roma Maius
    replied
    So he's trying to discredit me here

    Because you start provoking first.

    RObert was banned for insult to Admin. But Admin delete rapidly and few people read it. He use terms against admin as "be man", etc. Was banned before his post against admin. Don't worry, while you don't touch admin, no problem, you can post all the comics you want, and the admin permits the discredit of the forum causes by the comics.

    As I see, your signature appears in each post.

    If I have not patents (but there are but no international), what!!!


    But I can't see your coil, I'm sure you don't start it yet!
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by Ultimate_Haze View Post
    Hello,
    You use 12V battery for tesoro golden sabre right?
    I can find 12V 3amp but its look big and hevy!
    Is this good?Can I recharge with home adapter?
    Or I have to buy expensive unit?
    Thanks
    Hi Ultimate,
    your battery have good voltage (12v) but don't make mistakes man.
    3 Ahour mean you could have something 50 istantaneous current!
    You could melt tracks on PCB quite easy that way (vaporize your work!).

    Also heavy... yes... something about 1.5 Kg I think, a big bear to carry over!

    Why don't you use e.g. 10 NiMh cells (1.2volts each) 700mA/h or more?
    You can recharge them too and save lot of weight.

    With actual consumption you could use it for 14+ hours with 700mAh (AAA cells) ! Seems good ! Whi search more than + than 14Hours between any charge ?

    For test using 12v 3Ah I suggest you put a fuse of 200mA (fast) in series with battery. This would save at least the board is something goes wrong!

    Best regards,
    Max

    PS:
    FOR CHARGE

    I suppose you have a lead acid battery, so you need use an appropriate charger that limits current (e.g. find on google lm317 charger lead-acid).

    normally charge is at constant voltage (13.8volts) limits are for current:

    FAST CHARGE : 4 hours at 1/4 + 1/12 current max
    NORMAL CHARGE : 14 hours 1/12 current max

    Leave a comment:


  • Ultimate_Haze
    replied
    Hello

    Hello,
    You use 12V battery for tesoro golden sabre right?
    I can find 12V 3amp but its look big and hevy!
    Is this good?Can I recharge with home adapter?
    Or I have to buy expensive unit?
    Thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    The probleme is that my man is on work afther 25.08.............
    Too many time,so I will look around!

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by tiktak View Post
    Hi,
    Max.
    Thanks for the hint!!
    Clever.I will think what will use@!
    The probleme is that I cant measure.
    I go to where motors are rewund and a friend wind me this wire.
    But you give me a good idea.But the probleme is that most of this parts are made such way that wire is hard or inposible to be taken.
    Not pinball solenoids... I have more than 100 and all are "unlocked" by varnish... I think cause of the heat that could fire varnish (don't really know why)... also relays the same, some motors... look around you'll find!
    Or buy wire there where they rewound motors (so someone still do it ???)

    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    hi

    Hi,
    Max.
    Thanks for the hint!!
    Clever.I will think what will use@!
    The probleme is that I cant measure.
    I go to where motors are rewund and a friend wind me this wire.
    But you give me a good idea.But the probleme is that most of this parts are made such way that wire is hard or inposible to be taken.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X