Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TESORO GOLDEN SABRE

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • manny77
    replied
    As far as i know, there are some thing you can do to remove noise.

    Obviously close the tgsl in a metal box, pay attenction to grounding pots. The most important to ground is Ground Balance. The box should be grounded and so the metal case of every potentiometer.

    - coil should be correctly shielded and grounded...wire immovable inside it...nulled and epoxy casted

    - mechanical noise take elecrical noise..fix everyting...no lose cable that move on the shaft

    - make polite good connection from cable to control box

    - ic sockets are good for experiment and fast recovery after damage in building and test phase.
    If your circuit works than remove them. Ic should be soldered directly to board to reduce various negative effects of not soldered only touching pins.
    Tgsl is a very very sensitive machine. A delicate equilibrium in a very sharp blade called stability....

    If all that things will be respected you should have nice and quiet MD.

    I find more stability and less noise touching pot cables in my building open box phase, using all tranistor made in plastic and not metal box. You can try.
    I used BC337 and BC327

    337 for npn
    327 for pnp

    Leave a comment:


  • paku
    replied
    i have make 4 TGSL Edu board all is same problem to much noise sound and to sensitive
    all board is new component part
    Coil 6.5mH and 5.90mH still cant get it stable hahaha what is the problem
    all component part is same as TGSL edu not change any only 4 caps 22uf replace with 4 caps 10uf

    when touch wire and coil still get noise
    any idea about this problem

    Leave a comment:


  • Silver Dollar
    replied
    So I thought I had 8" on all coins with the Deep Search coil but it wasn't ground balanced.
    After balancing it's back to 5"! Anyone know how to keep the depth when ground balancing?

    I've tried different frequencies, different gains on the input opamp, etc. Nothing seems to
    do any good....

    Leave a comment:


  • paku
    replied
    Originally posted by Silver Dollar View Post
    Good job! My TGSL with my new Deep Search coil is getting 5" (12.5cm) today!
    It's nice and quiet though but I can't figure how you get more than 12" (30 cm)...
    this is not my video bro i just find it on youtube

    Leave a comment:


  • Silver Dollar
    replied
    Well I tuned the TX as per the original TGSL ~14.7 khz and used a 12.7 nf RX cap
    (it called for 15 nf) and put my handy cap bank in parallel and tuned for max air depth.
    I ended up with 13.1 nf. Quiet though (10 mv). It's a funky coil. It looks like an Omega
    and has a center tapped RX and the RX + TX are the same inductance (6.1 mh) but the TX
    has 10 ohms more resistance.Weird!

    I get solid 5" and a ghost to 7", I only got 7" on my original Bandito so this coil is a bit
    weak. I'll do a little tweaking and see how it goes. I had had the Minelab oscillator on it
    and tried getting my 1 mh / 14 mh homemade coil working but gave up! It had lots of noise (100 mv)
    and poor depth. This TGSL worked great once for about 10 seconds and never again so good...

    Leave a comment:


  • golfnut
    replied
    The rx coil freq and the Tx freq will be a long way apart.

    You ned to move the Rx tune closer - I use a capacitor switch box and monitor the preamp out as u adjust cap value.

    move cap value up or down when u get more leaked preamp sig u know Rx is tuned closer to Tx - so more sens.

    But watch the phasing ( ability to reject ferrite )

    Also dont use when sig is MAXED, as Rx will same as Tx and it dont work well.

    u want Rx to be about 75% of Tx

    Leave a comment:


  • Silver Dollar
    replied
    Good job! My TGSL with my new Deep Search coil is getting 5" (12.5cm) today!
    It's nice and quiet though but I can't figure how you get more than 12" (30 cm)...

    Leave a comment:


  • paku
    replied


    Working TGSL But The Coil Is Like S H I T but very stable Hahahah

    25cm coil RX:14mH 38ohm TX:6mH 23ohm

    What is that hahahahahah

    Leave a comment:


  • paku
    replied
    Originally posted by sdesic View Post
    Paku,
    USB cable has 4 wires and shield - so 5 ... you can use 5+shield also ...
    Or you can use less if you use one of options for connecting to GND in coil.
    usb cable is not good wire have tin inside the shield bro

    Leave a comment:


  • Silver Dollar
    replied
    3 of these are small and light. They are probably not 5000 mah but more like 2200 mah but
    still a good choice.





    You can find the battery holders on Ebay too.

    Leave a comment:


  • sdesic
    replied
    Guys,

    what power source are you using ?

    I have used 12V 1.2Ah sealed lead acid battery... I am looking for something smaller / lighter with same lasting

    Leave a comment:


  • sdesic
    replied
    Paku you can read Don's manuals on TGSL coil making
    General tech discussions on all types of metal detectors: VLF, 2-box, BFO, off-resonance, PLL, etc. Questions, ideas, and anything else that moves you.

    Leave a comment:


  • sdesic
    replied
    Originally posted by paku View Post
    homemade coil for TGSL must use 4 wire or 5 wire
    Paku,
    USB cable has 4 wires and shield - so 5 ... you can use 5+shield also ...
    Or you can use less if you use one of options for connecting to GND in coil.

    Leave a comment:


  • golfnut
    replied
    With a larger cap you extend the gain down towards DC. So will be able to locate and home in a bit easier. esp with a dd.

    The inevitable trade off is the extra noise due to the extra BW.



    The other penalty is the rate of change of ground signal is slow and so extending the frequency down you boost the gain where the ground signals come in.


    You mentioned extra chatter, could be a mix of the two.

    Leave a comment:


  • paku
    replied
    homemade coil for TGSL must use 4 wire or 5 wire

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X