Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TESORO GOLDEN SABRE

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Fred
    replied
    From the tests i have down with my 1st coil, discrimination on iron is excellent, i could not detect a pair of pliers at all- but a big copper(?) coin at 25cm.This with a bad (unfinished) coil.
    Fred.

    Leave a comment:


  • 1843
    replied
    Hi Max,

    Does this metal detector have a real DISC on iron?

    Regards!

    Leave a comment:


  • Fred
    replied
    Well, i use a digital caliper, but you know how it is with such a small wire...
    I will check better at home, but it should not be too far from that.

    BUT,i measure frequency with the connecting cable , wich surely introduce some inductance also, but not that much.

    I have to check this better.I thought 90 turns was not that special...

    Thanks!
    Fred.

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred View Post
    Hi max,

    thanks for your answer!,
    Yes this frequency is with tightened wire,before it was OK with around 100turns, but as soon as i have tightened them i had to remove turns to go back to 14khz.
    dimentions of the coil are the one you showed, and wire diameter is aprox. 0.30 with varnish.
    Dont understand where comes the diference.Maybe i have to check the oscillator circuit if there is some wrong value capacitor.
    But i dont think it is so important as long as i got the 14khz?
    regards,
    Fred.
    Hi Fred,
    if wire diameter with varnish is 0.30mm you have not a 30AWG ... the difference came from there... your actual wire diameter (of copper) would be between 0.27mm and 0.28mm, so when you wound coils with it instead of 30AWG (0.254mm) you get differences... but then if you use larger wire you need wound more turns to get right inductance !

    That thing is strange for real.

    Is you wire diameter measure accurate ? Do you use a micrometer or something ?

    Best regards,
    Max

    PS: yes... if you get 14KHz is fine at TX... but then you have to find right number for RX... to be out resonace a bit but with disc still working.

    Leave a comment:


  • Fred
    replied
    Hi max,

    thanks for your answer!,
    Yes this frequency is with tightened wire,before it was OK with around 100turns, but as soon as i have tightened them i had to remove turns to go back to 14khz.
    dimentions of the coil are the one you showed, and wire diameter is aprox. 0.30 with varnish.
    Dont understand where comes the diference.Maybe i have to check the oscillator circuit if there is some wrong value capacitor.
    But i dont think it is so important as long as i got the 14khz?
    regards,
    Fred.

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by Geo View Post

    I attach here other 3 photos. 1st and second are at the out "all metal" and "disk" with pot at min and max. 3td is the Tx signal (at coil) and Rx at out of LF353 pin7.
    Until here all are going ok???? NO
    I think that i found the problem. Rx signal must be 180degres to the Tx signal. But it has a difference other than 180. Why ????? maybe coil. I must wind a new coil.
    Opinions ??????
    Regards
    Hi,
    try to reverse RX leads (if you can... I mean if there isn't some connection inside e.g. epoxy that make this last try impossible) and test again... sometimes it works... with a bit of luck.

    If not... you need a right coil there at rx... so you need a new coil.

    Use Ivconic's data:

    TX 100 turns
    RX 105 turns
    wire 30AWG (0.25 without varnish)

    and take a look at my drawings on wood. This is a great coil for TGS.

    Standard Tesoro coils are about 5.75mH at TX and 6.2mH at RX... but you can just forget about standard params and use Ivconic's data...for the 10'' coil. They are really accurate.

    Best regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred View Post
    Hi ,
    I am building a coil now from the diagrams posted here (by max i think), and to ahieve 14khz i had to wind 89 or 90 turns, (each turn removed rise the frequency about 200 hz approx). I would like to know how far away should be the RX freq ,to avoid complete resonance, to calculate how many turns i should wind-and if possible , why.
    sorry if it has been posted before,i have read all posts at last once, but cant find it now amongs the 1468 posts
    Will post pictures as soon as i have finished.I have found a nice coil form...Maybe this time i will finish the detector, i have built several but stopped when reaching the hardware part.
    Thanks,
    regards,
    Fred.
    Hi Fred,
    89-90 is not good for 30AWG wire... to get frequency of Ivconic's TX coil (14.70 KHz).

    Have you tightened the wire or are you measuring just on former without tightening ?

    You need do that... using tape or a cotton cord or anything else... and very tight.... then you'll read the right frequency appears.

    As example I show you frequency I get from on former (untightened wire) and same tightned wire (30AWG 100Turns 255x137mm)

    on former: 16.36KHz
    tightened : 14.69KHz

    You can see the difference is more than 1KHz, 1.69KHz !

    You have to tailoring coil for real in-housing conditions, means tight wire.

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • Geo
    replied

    I attach here other 3 photos. 1st and second are at the out "all metal" and "disk" with pot at min and max. 3td is the Tx signal (at coil) and Rx at out of LF353 pin7.
    Until here all are going ok???? NO
    I think that i found the problem. Rx signal must be 180degres to the Tx signal. But it has a difference other than 180. Why ????? maybe coil. I must wind a new coil.
    Opinions ??????
    Regards
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Geo
    replied

    Hi. What to say about discrimination. The disc works perfect only for gold , a little for bronze and none for Iron. Do you hear it. What to do the disc for gold and not for iron
    Lets go.
    I attach here some photos. 1st and second are at the out of LM393 with pot at min and max. 3td is the out at "all metal" and "disk".
    Until here all are going ok but the final results are not OK
    to be continues
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Fred
    replied
    Ivconic, i have been thinking again about nulling the way you do it with multimeter and capacitor, you achieve a good nulling but then you bring that big copper cable to connect the coils,dont you think it will totally ruin the it?

    Also, if your soil has similiar mineralisation where you use your detector, why not to try to do the nulling on the ground, so you will have a perfectly nulled coil in actual conditions...
    Just questions...i like to ask myself questions, but i dont have all the answers

    By the way, i dont think we can achieve perfect results witout some theory, so the mixing of your expperiences and the theorical explanations of Qiaozhi is extremely interesting, i think he never meant to offend anyone.

    Best regards,
    Fred.

    Leave a comment:


  • Fred
    replied
    Hi ,
    I am building a coil now from the diagrams posted here (by max i think), and to ahieve 14khz i had to wind 89 or 90 turns, (each turn removed rise the frequency about 200 hz approx). I would like to know how far away should be the RX freq ,to avoid complete resonance, to calculate how many turns i should wind-and if possible , why.
    sorry if it has been posted before,i have read all posts at last once, but cant find it now amongs the 1468 posts
    Will post pictures as soon as i have finished.I have found a nice coil form...Maybe this time i will finish the detector, i have built several but stopped when reaching the hardware part.
    Thanks,
    regards,
    Fred.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    One thing need to be explored more; nobody really payed attention when i mentione Disc. pot to be replaced with 10K? Not to put parallel but only 10K...I am not sure abut this yet. On bench it is working nice....havent tested outdoor..

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    "...I have to made some other tests about 220-330pF BTW at which capacitance value you run your very good performant TGSL with still good disc ?..."

    I have 2 testing platforms, one with 220 and other with 330. You are right; one with 330 has worse oscillogramm, tend to saturate... But in depth testing, i cant see noticeable differences?



    Leave a comment:


  • Geo
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    Huh! I forgot main thing! Geo since you are coming to Serbia on November the 2 ...you can visit me and see yourself all i been talked about here. I dont need to repeat that you are very welcomed here!
    Regards!
    Hi Ivica. Thanks
    But as you said it is 220Km far. I will come with Bus so it is very difficult.
    Again Thank You
    Regards
    Btw it would be a good time to compare SS60 and TGS

    Leave a comment:


  • Geo
    replied
    Hi all.
    I want to make somethinh "clear"....
    When i say that i dont like to have a detector "that works from mistake" i mean me, mine detector.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X